Spectrasonics has launched Omnisphere 2, an updated version of the award winning flagship synthesizer instrument.
The upgrade includes the most requested Omnisphere feature: Audio import for user created soundsources, along with major new oscillator features including 100 times the number of DSP Oscillator waveforms, morphing Wavetables, new granular synthesis options, over 3,000 unique new sounds created by Spectrasonics acclaimed sound design team, 25 new FX units, an enhanced User Interface, and innovative production/browsing features like Sound Match™ to instantly locate any related sounds in the library, and Sound Lock™ to create endless useful patch variations by locking sound aspects while browsing other patches. These are just a FEW of the thousands of new additions offered in Omnisphere 2.
“Our biggest goal with Omnisphere 2 is to offer more freedom to create for every type of person using it,” states Spectrasonics’ Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing. “This is the first ‘version 2’ of any of our software instruments, and it’s monumental! We had a blast creating all the features and sounds over many years and we can’t wait to see what our users are inspired to do with Omnisphere 2.”
Omnisphere 2 features
- Now includes over 12,000 inspiring sounds for all types of music production.
- New Interface with Enhanced Browsing and “Zooming” into deeper synthesis levels.
- Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere.
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator.
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library.
- Sound Lock™ feature gives endless variations by locking sound aspects while browsing.
- New “Spotlight EDM” library with cutting-edge, modern sounds.
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm for amazing transformations.
- 58 incredible FX Units, which are fully integrated and can be modulated.
- Creative “Psychoacoustic” sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team.
- Wavetable Synthesis – Each waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable.
- ORB circular motion interface allows infinitely-shifting variations.
- Deeper FM/Ring Modulation capabilities for aggressive timbres.
- Dual Filter architecture includes more than 28 Filter algorithms in series or parallel.
- Performance-oriented Live Mode allows for seamless patch layering on the fly.
- Flex-Mod™ modulation system allows powerful, modular-style matrix routing.
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch-layering, splits, and crossfades.
- New Mini-Browser available at all times plus larger Full Browser design.
- Up to 10 oscillators per patch can be either DSP synth or sample-based.
- Eight independent Arpeggiators with unique Groove Lock™ feature.
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting/Crushing, Waveshaping and Reduction.
- Six full-featured LFOs per patch, with syncing and complex waveforms.
- Eight Envelopes with both simple ADSR-style or advanced multi-breakpoint interfaces.
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third-party libraries.
- Sample-based soundsources can be processed with synthesis features.
- Includes FREE Omni TR® iPad remote app.
- …and much, much more!
Omnisphere 2 is available for purchase for 399 EUR / $499 USD. The upgrade from Omnisphere is 199 EUR. A free grace period upgrade is available for those who purchased Omnisphere from October 2014 thru May 2015.
Distributor Time+Space is offering a free Omnisphere presets bundle from Audiority with every purchase of Omnisphere 2.