Spektro Audio has released version 2.0 of GrainFlux, a granular/hybrid Max for Live synthesizer.
Our goal for this new update was to take GrainFlux to the next level and add new features (such as the new modes, Center parameter, Multi-Stage envelope, Filter FM, etc) that would allow the user to create even more interesting timbres and sounds.
Changes in GrainFlux v2.0
- 6 new modes: Regular, Inverted, Alternate, Ringmod, Min/Max and Max/Min.
- Regular: Wave 1 and Wave 2 are mixed together normally.
- Inverted: Wave 1 and 2 are mixed together while Wave 2’s phase is flipped 180º.
- Alternate: Alternates between Wave 1 and Wave 2.
- RingMod: Wave 1 is multiplied by Wave 2.
- Max/Min: positive part from Wave 1 + negative part from Wave 2.
- Min/Max: negative part of Wave 1 + positive part from Wave 2.
- ANew Center parameter: modifies how the modes operate in different ways depending on the mode.
- Added a new Multi-Env mode to Envelopes 1 and 2. The user has the option to select which mode he/she would like for each of the envelopes independently (ADSR or Multi-Env).
- New post-VCA effect: Karplus. Karplus uses the a very short delay line that can be used to add subtle reflections or a longer metallic “tail” to the sound.
- Added enhancements to LFO: new Phase, Reset, and Shape controls.
- Re-designed Filter modulation engine to be more flexible and precise.
- Added Filter FM with selectable modulation source (Bass Oscillator or Grain Wave).
- Added MIDI Velocity as a modulation source for the Filter’s Cutoff.
- Fixed the range and scale of the Bass Boost and Grain Wave knobs to work in dB (instead of linear gain).
- Changed the scale of all Modulation knobs as well as the Pre-Drive and Feedback knobs to 0-100%.
GrainFlux is available for purchase for $14.99 USD. GrainFlux customers will receive the new 2.0 update for free via email.