Spitfire Audio has updated its Albion sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt to version 2.0.
Made from a totally new set of samples recorded in May and June 2011 at Air-Studios Lyndhurst Hall, ALBION is the most exciting addition to Spitfire’s commercial range to date. A one-stop-shop of thundering orchestral delights….
Changes in Albion v2.0
- Script updates including:
- Solo Mic option removed – CMD/CTRL clicking a mic position now solos that mic
- Sample start offset option functionality for all short patches
- Load/Save ability added to ostinatum
- Transpose typo on the main panel fixed
- Transpose offset of blue keys is now shown in the Kontakt visual keyboard
- RR reset now overlays the blue notes and is always visible
- RR reset no longer affects sustain/legato patches
- Ostinatum remembers the articulation type keyswitch
- Patch re-edits
- V1V2 and VC Ostinatum patches rebuilt for tightness and more consistent sound
- Brass Hi Longs rebuilt for tighter tuning
- Brass Hi Shorts rebuilt for tighter tuning and timing
- Various bug fixes.
Spitfire Audio has also announced the first upgrade pack for Albion which will be made available to download in approximately 2 months time. Albion V3 will feature not only improved functionality but also a raft of totally new content. Including:
- Albion Orchestra: All new “Mid Brass” featuring a fantastic French Horn and Trombone section.
- Mixed Ensembles: Devoted patches to reduce crossover voicing spikes in the previously released ensemble Multis.
- Darwin Cymbals: The most monstrous collection of surround cymbal ensembles you’ve ever heard.
- Brunel Loops: 10 All new loops/ instruments including Hamster Cage and Traffic Cone.
- Stephenson’s Steam Band: Reverses and Transitions.
Albion 2 for Kontakt is available to purchase for £349 GBP. The new content and added functionality in version 3 will be available to Albion users at no cost.