Steinberg has announced the CI2, an advanced integration USB studio featuring a USB-powered audio interface and controller in one portable unit alongside the Cubase AI 5 music production software.
The CI2 houses two balanced XLR/jack combo connectors with high-quality microphone preamps plus onboard +48V phantom power. A dedicated high-impedance switch on the first channel lets you jack an electric guitar or bass directly into the CI2. And with 24-bit resolution and a sampling rate of 48 kHz, the CI2 provides a professional digital audio recording standard ensuring stunning sound quality. Leaving the best for last is the console’s AI Knob, harnessing Steinberg’s Advanced Integration technology for seamless interaction with the included Cubase AI 5 music production software.
On the software side of things is Cubase AI 5, a lean Cubase version without the bells and whistles yet providing all the tools you are looking for to compose, record, edit and mix your music with ease.
Together, the CI2 hardware and Cubase AI 5 software present a complete plug-and-play solution for live stereo and band recording and producing, ready to be set up wherever you wish.
- A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point.
- Easy to use with the Project Assistant — especially for beginners.
- Browse functionality helps and assists throughout the project.
- Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter.
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project.
- Ultra-precision AI controller knob: “point and control” support: controls any Cubase, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection for exhilarating speed.
- AI-ready LED: when the LED lights up, the CI2 is ready to go! Instant plug and play — no additional setup or parameter assigning required.
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom of mobile recording elaborate.
- Outstanding engineering and component quality: precision components, manufactured by Yamaha to exacting standards.
- Mac and PC compatible: cross-platform support for Cubase on Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Cubase AI 5 included: Cubase AI 5 is a special, compact version of Steinberg’s famed music production system. Based on the same technology as Cubase 5, Cubase AI 5 offers powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for audio recording, editing, MIDI sequencing and mixing — exclusive to customers of selected Steinberg or Yamaha hardware.
Shipping of the CI2 Advanced Integration USB studio commences at the end of September.
More information: Steinberg