Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
Steinberg announces Hypersonic 2
Hypersonic 2 is Steinberg’s multi-purpose music workstation that not only offers thousands of top class sounds, but is incredibly CPU and RAM efficient. Four powerful synthesis engines, 1.7 GB of top quality sounds, 1800 stunning factory presets: that’s an almost overwhelming array of sounds, effects and instruments ready for use in just about any musical style or sound design application. And thanks to the unique and proprietary sample optimization technology, each instance is exceedingly efficient with computer resources, with each instance offering up to 1024-voice polyphony across 32 stereo outputs.
Hypersonic 2 is also startlingly easy to use – instant access to crucial parameters for each individual patch means a smooth, efficient and creative workflow. Hypersonic 2: that’s state-of-the-art music creation at your fingertips.
Hypersonic 2 Main Features
- Four high quality sound generation engines – sample playback, analog synthesis, FM Synthesis and Wavetable Synthesis
- 1800 factory patches + 100 Combis + 135 Drum & Percussion Kits + 111 Drum Loops
- 1,7 GB finest sample content total Hypersonic 2 sound palette covers any musical style in top quality – be it pop, classic, dance, hiphop, rock or even country music
- General MIDI Hypermodule GM4 included, playback any General MIDI file
- Excellent performance: 1024 voices polyphony, 32 stereo outputs, 16 MIDI channels (per instance)
- Hyperphrase (polyphonic arpeggiator) with 200 categorized phrases included, featuring MIDI file import
- Combi chain feature – switch combinations of multiple patches per program change / controller chain
- Hyper Knobs for fast and effective sound tweaking
- Full patch editor – get access to hundreds of parameters for unlimited creative options
- Integrated super-fast search engine simplifies finding the right sounds
- Integrated mixer with level, pan, output, FX1-4 send
- Integrated MIDI keyboard
- MIDI Learn for all editing knobs
- Expansion bay for up to 5 sound/sample library expansions or synthesizer modules
- Supports all major formats: VST, DXi, AU + Rewire for easy Pro Tools™ Integration
- Standalone version with multiple-out support included
Check the Steinberg website for more information.