Steinberg has announced the upcoming release of the UR22mkII, the second iteration of its versatile audio and MIDI interface.
Impressive 192 kHz/24-bit audio quality across two channels, its solid build, MIDI connectivity, highly acclaimed D-PRE microphone preamps alongside the newly implemented class-compliant mode, Loopback capability plus its software for PC, Mac computers and iPad turn the UR22mkII into an advanced portable solution for music and audio recording and production.
On the front side of the UR22mkII interface, two Neutrik combo connectors provide microphone and line input, each with gain control and peak indicators plus an additional high-impedance switch on the second input. The panel also includes a headphones output with a dedicated volume control, a master output volume control and a mix knob for hardware-based zero-latency monitoring.
The rear panel features two balanced line outputs, MIDI input/output connectors and a phantom power switch enabling +48 Volt supply on both channels. The USB 2.0 port provides high-speed connectivity to PCs and Mac computers, which supply the power to run the interface. Alternatively, switching the power supply to the additional 5 Volt DC port allows for use with a USB power adapter or battery pack.
The newly implemented class-compliant mode offers a seamless link to the iPad when using either a Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, while the interface’s additional Loopback capability now offers an easy way of streaming performances live to the Internet.
The full-metal chassis houses studio-grade converters, delivering pristine sonic fidelity with a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and a 24-bit resolution. Yamaha’s discrete Class-A analog D-PRE preamps ensure unprecedented sound quality on top of the stable gain required by microphone signals.
UR22mkII customers are entitled to download the Cubase AI music production software as well as the new Cubasis LE app for iPad, providing immediate tools for recording, mixing and editing audio on a Windows PC, Mac computer and iPad.
“The UR22mkII is designed and built for mobile musicians and producers that expect high performance wherever they are, and that for a very affordable price. The incredible feature set is only topped off by its iPad connectivity and downloadable software bundle,” commented Stefan Schreiber, hardware product marketing manager at Steinberg.
- 192 kHz/24-bit USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power.
- 2 combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 2), 2 TRS outputs and headphones jack with independent level control.
- iPad-ready with CC mode and additional USB micro socket for power source connection, fully USB-powered for Mac and PC.
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with Mix balance control.
- MIDI input and output.
- Rugged full-metal housing.
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the Internet.
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC and Cubasis LE DAW app for iOS.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, OS X and iPad (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter).
The UR22mkII will be available from November 11th, 2015, with a suggested retail price of 159 EUR, including German VAT.