Steinberg has announced that its Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition is available as welcome profile package for more than 1,600 first-semester students of 26 SAE Institutes across Europe.
The pack comprises light editions of the Cubase 6 music production software and WaveLab 7 audio editing software.
“It is eminently important to us that our students learn the established methods and tools of trade. Steinberg’s software most certainly falls into that category. We are therefore pleased that our audio engineer students now receive the Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition here in Europe. Especially Cubase, with its many flexible tools, is suitable for the different working methods and helps our students make good use of their creativity in the production process, right from the start,” commented Rüdi Grieme, director of operations for SAE Europe.
“Steinberg greatly appreciates this cooperation with an important — if not the most important — institution educating in new creative technologies,” remarked Frank Simmerlein, director of marketing at Steinberg.
Cubase LE 6 features
- Based on the award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine, the Cubase LE 6 music production software supports up to 24 MIDI tracks, eight instrument tracks, 16 audio tracks and eight physical inputs simultaneously in 24-bit and 96 kHz audio quality.
- Boasting the HALion Sonic SE workstation instrument with full GM compatibility and over 180 instrument presets, Cubase LE 6 offers an array of audio and MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools plus 16 effect processors.
- Other highlights include score editing, real-time pitch-shifting and time-stretching capabilities, the MediaBay content management tool and the Project Assistant with dozens of templates for quick and easy setup.
WaveLab LE 7 features
- With up to 96 kHz sample rate and 32-bit resolution, the 2-track WaveLab LE 7 audio editing and mastering tool provides a range of audio plug-ins based on the latest version of Virtual Studio Technology (VST).
- Its flexible window architecture allows the user to reorganize the windows for efficient usability.
- Also available in WaveLab LE 7 are extensive podcast and publishing options plus an audio CD grabbing tool for extracting audio tracks from music CDs to many popular formats.
On October 13–14, 2011, Steinberg is exhibiting its latest products at the seventh SAE Alumni Convention at the SAE Berlin.
Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition is available in the SAE Profile Packs for first-semester students of the SAE in 26 institutions across Europe. An upgrade from the Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition to Cubase Elements 6 and WaveLab Elements 7 is available in Europe through the SAE student store for EUR 49 including German VAT. Pricing may vary for other countries.
More information: Steinberg