Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Steinberg releases Groove Agent 3
Steinberg has released Groove Agent 3, the third version of the virtual drummer VST instrument.
Groove Agent 3 combines a huge library of drum and percussion sounds with a range of player technologies to give you dynamic, ready-to-go drums, beats, rhythms and percussion in only a few mouse clicks. Top-quality drum samples and live recorded drum performances in a massive number of variations cover 123 different styles from over 50 years of music history, automatically synced to the song tempo.
Groove Agent 3 adds two new agents to the Classic Agent seen in previous versions: Special Agent and Percussion Agent. While the top-notch Special Agent adds an astoundingly realistic studio drummer complete with new acoustic drum kits to Groove Agent 3’s arsenal, the Percussion Agent is specialized in red-hot percussive grooves and beats. The new Dual Mode puts any two of the three agents together in the recording studio for scorching virtual drum and percussion sessions – all within one single VST instrument.
New in Groove Agent 3
- Special Agent module features 15 complete live drumming styles, each containing 75 different performances
- Percussion Agent module with 8 groups of red-hot recorded percussion grooves with hundreds of percussion performances
- Dual Mode combines the breathtaking creative power of two Agents playing side by side within the same VSTi
- Flexible User Import Sample feature (wav/AIFF) – Create your own kits
- Realistic rolls and paradiddles thanks to Alternating hits for each drum on every note. This means no more machine gun effect
- Auto Fill functionality and useful Speed control for jamming and practicing
- RealAmbience technology offers true recorded ambience for drum kits to perfectly blend into any mix
- 9-band EQ and compressor for each of the 12 stereo outputs, useful Presets included
More information: Steinberg