Steinberg releases Neo Soul Keys electric piano by Gospel Musicians
Steinberg has announced the release of Neo Soul Keys, a virtual electric piano combining amazingly authentic sampling with Steinberg’s acclaimed HALion technology.
Recreating the sound of one of the most popular electric pianos of the past, Neo Soul Keys brings the vintage keyboard sound to the musician’s fingertips.
“Neo Soul Keys takes virtual e-pianos to a new level! It’s amazing just how authentic and vivid the play and feel of this instrument has become,” remarked Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
In collaboration with Gospel Musicians, Neo Soul Keys offers users a unique and authentic-sounding e-piano experience. Based on the powerful HALion engine and sampled with 12 velocity layers for sustain, release and staccato notes, the Neo Soul Keys virtual electric piano features sound quality and playability on par with the real world.
Employing the acclaimed VST Amp Rack technology first introduced to Steinberg’s Cubase 6 production software, Neo Soul Keys features six different amp types and a comprehensive set of high-class studio effects, such as vibrato, tube distortion, flanger, phaser, chorus, delay, reverb and wah. Also included are bell, pedal and key noises to reproduce all aspects of piano sound plus more than 40 presets that allow users instantly to hone in on various timbres.
Neo Soul Keys can be used as a plug-in in every VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host as well as library expansion in HALion Sonic, HALion Sonic SE and HALion 4.
Neo Soul Keys features
- Faithful sampling of original Mark I suitcase piano with multiple velocity layers of sustain, release and staccato notes.
- Elaborate interface for direct access and intuitive workflows.
- VST Amp simulation with 6 different classic amp types.
- Premium effect section including tube distortion, chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, reverb and virtual wah pedal.
- Vintage modeled vibrato with intensity and speed control.
- Realistic sounds with level controls for bell, pedal and key noises.
- Authentic bass, mid and treble boost to recreate the original sound.
- Adjustable velocity curves for individual playing behavior.
- Dedicated “bark” samples for classic grit sounds for authentic vintage sounds.
- Virtual microphone simulation with axis and off-axis positioning, and condensed and tube microphone types.
- MIDI Learn and automation functions for all parameters.
- VST 3, VST 2 and AU host compatibility as standalone plug-in.
- Full accessibility in HALion Sonic (1.6.2 or higher), HALion Sonic SE and HALion (4.5.3 or higher).
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X.
Neo Soul Keys is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop, priced at 79.99 EUR including German VAT.