Steinberg has introduced Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8, the latest iterations of Steinberg’s music production systems, which combine best audio quality and smooth operation with a sheer endless number of advanced audio and MIDI tools for composition, recording, editing and mixing.
For the past quarter of a century Cubase has been the go-to DAW for many professionals around the world. Today, Cubase delivers a considerably higher performance, puts users more firmly in control, and incorporates more serious tools and innovative technologies than ever before. Adding “Pro” to the biggest version of the latest range represents the evolution of Steinberg’s award-winning music production system.
The new line-up of Cubase witnesses a performance boost owing to its entire audio engine rebuild, extending the buffering ASIO-Guard to improve the audio processing performance for multi-timbral and disk-streaming featured instrument tracks.
Exclusive features of Cubase Pro 8 are VCA faders and virgin territories. The all-new VCA faders emulate the control of channel gain with DC voltage, moving an entire fader group through a single master fader. Taking it a step further is the Combine VCA fader automation feature, which combines the VCA fader automation curve with that of a controlled fader or fader groups. Another addition to automation tools is virgin territories, omitting redundant automation data between automated events.
Both Pro and Artist versions now offer render in-place capability, allowing users to bounce MIDI and audio parts for a more flexible and efficient workflow, offering a wide range of bounce settings.
Cubase Pro 8 features
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks.
- MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,000 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine.
- Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more.
- VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing, and render in-place for simplified editing tasks.
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect.
- Chord track and pads for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences.
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level.
- Professional music notation and score printing.
Cubase Artist 8 features
- Complete music production system, offering a set of superb audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Supports 128 MIDI and 64 simultaneous audio tracks.
- MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- 8 outstanding instruments with over 2,600 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine.
- Includes a suite of 53 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction and VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, Quadrafuzz v2 and more!
- Chord track and chord pads for easy chord composing and management.
- Thousands of MIDI construction loops as building blocks to create songs in only a few steps.
- Streamlined score editing feature set.
Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 are available for pre-order from December 3rd, 2014. Shipping begins on December 8th, 2014. The suggested retail price for Cubase Pro 8 is 549 EUR; Cubase Artist 8 is 299 EUR. Prices including German VAT. Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop from December 3, 2014.
Customers who have activated Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 since October 15, 2014, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.