Steinberg has announced that its new UR44 audio interface will be available in January 2014, further extending the UR range of USB 2.0 interfaces.
With up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio quality, MIDI input/output, Class-A D-PRE microphone preamps and its class-compliant mode for iPad use, the UR44 is a portable production studio with ample connectivity choices.
“The UR44 caters to all your needs: the build quality is outstanding, the sound quality superb, use it with the massive software bundle or hook it up to your iPad. All this in a portable size that allows you to easily carry it around with you,” said Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “You cannot possibly expect more from an interface!” Schreiber exclaims further.
The UR44 is a USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface with six inputs and four outputs. It offers latency-free monitoring with the DSP-powered REV-X reverb and the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip in Cubase, or any other DAW software via the included dspMixFx application. Four Neutrik combo inputs boast D-PRE microphone preamps and phantom power, Hi-Z attenuation on inputs 1 and 2 and line attenuation on inputs 3 and 4, and two headphone jacks plus two additional balanced line inputs on the rear panel. Also available on the back panel are four balanced line outputs alongside two main outputs, MIDI I/O and a switch to class-compliant mode.
With the included software bundle, the UR44 transforms into a full system solution for recording music in studio quality. Cubase AI 7 is based on the same core technologies as Steinberg’s highly acclaimed Cubase advanced music production system, providing tools for composing, recording, editing and mixing. The Basic FX Suite consists of a range of VST effects and sound-processing tools: the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, the REV-X reverb and Guitar Amp Classics with guitar amp simulations developed by Yamaha.
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 4 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power.
- 4 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (mic/Hi-Z on input 1/2 and mic/line on input 3/4), 2 TRS line inputs.
- 4 line outputs (TRS balanced), plus 2 main outputs L/R (TRS balanced).
- MIDI input and output.
- 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs.
- Latency-free DSP powered monitoring with REV-X reverb and Sweet Spot Channel Strips with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology, including Basic FX Suite VST plug-ins.
- Rugged full-metal housing.
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS.
- iPad connectivity thanks to CC mode (with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit).
The UR44 interface will be available in January 2014, for a suggested retail price of 349 EUR including German VAT.