Stephan Vankov intros Pulse Surface Controller System – Finger Taps to MIDI
Stephan Vankov has launched Pulse, a surface controller system comprising a piezo mic and a software interface allowing you to play virtual instruments by finger tapping.
At the core of all music creation lies a pulse. In an age of gear-overload, many of us have forgotten the most effective and intuitive pulse generator – a finger tap.
The Pulse Controller is a hardware / software solution that liberates computer-based musicians and performers from conventional input devices by allowing a surface – i.e. desk, laptop, objects and more – to become a playable MIDI controller. An included piezo microphone coupled with a simple yet powerful software interface converts acoustic impulses into MIDI Note messages for playing your software instruments in an intuitive, responsive and connected manner.
Pulse Controller features
- Piezo microphone and powerful software interface.
- Attaches to any surface via integrated suction cup (velcro strips also provided).
- Connects to external audio device or built-in audio inputs (1/4″ and 1/8″).
- Velocity-sensitive and highly responsive.
- Low-latency performance.
- Compatible with all software that accepts MIDI Note messages (Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, VST/AU plug-ins, etc).
- Generate fixed note or random notes in a selected scale, with control of octave, octave width, root pitch and 21 Scales.
- Fixed note length and note choke modes.
- Store and recall presets.
- Keyboard shortcuts for quick access to presets and important controls.
- Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 compatible (Windows / Ableton Live users, please contact us about M4L version).
The Pulse Surface Controller System is currently available for Intel Mac only, priced at $59 USD (+ $5 USD shipping within USA). A 1/4″ to 1/8″ audio input adapter is available for an additional $5 USD.
Note that shipping is currently limited to US orders. International shipping will be available soon.
More information: Pulse Surface Controller System