Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Steve Thomson releases V.I Stereo to 5.1 converter
Steve Thomson has released V.I Stereo to 5.1 converter VST Plugin Suite.
V.I is a free VST plugin for designed to convert a stereo input to a 5.1 audio output.
- Width correction helps compensate for source files that were mixed too narrow or too wide
- Independent controls for adding ambience to the front or rear soundstage
- Pass-through of original left and right signals ensures accurate reproduction of original stereo imaging (when not in Movie Mode)
- Companion fLfR, CLFE, and sLsR VST plugins duplicate V.I’s effects in channel pairs for VST hosts that do not support multichannel plugins such as V.I
- Movie Mode switch redirects some dialog frequencies from front left and right channels to the center channel to enhance dialog while still maintaining a good stereo soundstage
- On/off control for A-B monitoring of effect
- Switchable LFE channel