Stillwell Audio releases Bombardier
Stillwell Audio has released Bombardier, a buss compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Bombardier is our most ambitious project to date – a premium quality buss compressor, tailored for smooth and musical processing of complex audio such as drum groups, vocal stems and your full stereo mix, lending a controllable sense of weight, fluidity and cohesion.
Bombardier gives a nod to the non-linear and frequency-variant subtleties of a wide range of Grade-A hardware buss compressors, and should you wish these can be pushed almost into the realms of a character compressor.
- Due to its RMS compression engine, Bombardier is ideally suited to final mixdown and mastering usage, as well as for those who like to set up buss dynamics first and then mix ‘into’ the buss compressor.
- New and unique ‘bomb’ processing algorithm which, when selected, gives attack and release settings that are effectively instantaneous while yielding exceptionally smooth gain reduction. Bomb mode is sure to become a firm favourite with mastering engineers the world over, but can also give extremely satisfying results in single track and buss applications.
- Five different and highly effective pre-emphasis filter modes vary Bombardier’s response to the frequency spectrum and are key to preserving transparency during full-mix compression.
- Very flexible, offering forward/feedback topologies, variable and automatic release behaviours, sidechain operation, parallel processing and variable gain reduction range limiting.
- Choosing appropriate settings for the task at hand is critical to getting the best out of Bombardier, so a full range of well chosen presets are provided.
Bombardier is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) priced at $59 USD. A Reaper-only/non-commercial use license is available for $39 USD.