Subsonic Labs has released Wolfram, a software synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This is the device for you who aren’t satisfied with the few options on your average plugin. You wish to take that extra step, to twist that extra knob in order to achieve instant sound processing gratification – Now you can…
We took your average plugin, doubled the voltage, drilled (virtual) holes for essential buttons and rewired it beyond recognition.
Subsonic Labs Wolfram audio demo
- Manipulator effect algorithms
- Pitch shifting – A lo-fi effect, especially effective on percussion.
- Distortion – Use the dedicated distortion parameter in combination with the input gain .
- Phasing – A six-stage phaser for that classic 70s sound.
- Time offset-delays for effects such as flanging, chorusing and cabinet emulation.
- Filter+Delay effect algorithms
- A powerful stereo delay working closely with the multi-mode filter.
- A multi-mode filter with separate input gain and several filter modes.
- Several modulation sources
- Two free-running LFOs.
- Two tempo-synced pattern generators.
- One envelope follower.
- Many usable patterns from one to three measures in length.
- Combine the two pattern generators for even more patterns.
- All modulation sources can be inversed.
- Flexible modulation
- All modulation sources can control most of Wolfram’s parameters.
- Up to four independent modulations simultaneously.
- Some sources and some destinations can be combined for even more simultaneous modulations.
- Re-routing of audio signals
- Four basic configurations of the effect processing blocks.
- Route additional signals to other blocks within the plugin.
- Possible to inverse the signal.
- Can process left and right channels separately for unique stereo effects.
- Built-in handling of presets
- A number of useful presets installed from start.
- The same presets are available between VST, VST3 and Audio Units variants.
- A-B comparison makes preset adjustments easy.
Wolfram for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $80 USD.
More information: Subsonic Labs