Synapse Audio has released X-Poly, a major upgrade to its instrument plug-in Poly-850.
The concept of the X-Poly is based around two oscillators, each containing four special sub-oscillators spaced one octave apart. Both oscillators can be blended seamlessly between a square and a sawtooth-type waveform and can be freely panned in the stereo field. The six-stage envelopes controlling the amplitudes of the oscillators provide a linear slope for the first five stages and a semi-logarithmic release for the final stage.
A global filter applied to all voices simultaneously as well as a stereo noise generator and a sophisticated chorus effect complement the unique sound of this instrument plugin. As a result, the X-Poly is particularly great for warm backing sounds, leads and atmospheric pad sounds, that fit nicely into the mix.
- Full Stereo engine.
- Panorama knob for both oscillators.
- Dual Voice mode for thicker patches.
- Enhanced interface.
- Stereo Noise generator, providing more spacious sounds.
- Release stages are now semi-log as opposed to linear (sounds better).
- Zero CPU usage when idle.
- Chorus section now provides feedback and modulation depth controls.
- Maximum polyphony upgraded to 20 voices.
- Semi-transparent readouts for all knobs.
- Additional presets added.
- LFO Rate range extended.
- Amplitude responds to velocity.
- Multiple instances on multiple cores now work properly.
- Visual Glitches in the option menu fixed.
- Keyboard now responds when triggered via MIDI too.
X-Poly is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $49 USD. It is available to all registered users of the Poly-850 or SynthPack Ultimate free of charge.