Synapse Audio Software has announced the release of Orion 8, the latest version of its music production software for Windows.
After two years of development, Orion gets its most important update with Orion 8, taking its sound quality, workflow and possibilities to an entirely new level.
Changes in Orion 8
- New Instruments
- Pro-9 virtual-analog drum sound modelling generator(complete overhaul of the former XR-909 generator).
- Acoustic Grand, a high-quality, sampled-based grand piano module.
- New Effects
- High-quality lookahead limiter and a new compressor, both meeting professional standards.
- Vintage Chorus effect, a detailed recreation of the warm, analog stereo chorus effects manufactured in the 70s and 80s.
- New Mixing Console
- Revised mixing console doubles the number of parallel sub groups to eight and adds an extra insert slot, eliminating the need for clumsy workarounds.
- Additional pan laws are available for the mixing desk, including Equal Power 0dB, Equal Power -3dB and Linear -6dB for broadcasting.
- Ability to pattern-automate the mixer in the sequencer.
- Both the mixing console and master section support automatic PDC (plugin delay compensation) and 64-bit double-precision mixing.
- Templates and Song Merge
- New, innovative Template system allows you to fully customize the plugins you work with.
- Song Merge allows you to incorporate tracks into a new project easily, preserving its patterns, arrangement, Mixer/EQ settings, applied effects and so on.
- Improved Workflow
- New navigation bar in the arrangement window gives an overview of the entire project, and allows instant zooming or navigating to any bar with a single click.
- Patterns can be resized and stretched with the mouse directly in the playlist.
- Full mousewheel support has been added to all views, including the piano roll, mixer, instruments and effects.
- Each sample or sample group can now be mapped to any MIDI key, and all new V8 drumkits are mapped according to the General MIDI (GM) drum map standard.
- MIDI Grooves can be imported via Drag+Drop and will function instantly due to the GM compatibility.
- The new 12-bit switch added allows for vintage, gritty MPC-type sounds.
- New Sample Content
- Provided by well-known sampling experts Yellow Tools.
- Whether you’re looking for a high-quality acoustic drum set, percussion samples or an electric bass or acoustic guitar- the new content added to Orion consists exclusively of finest 24-bit quality multisamples, a huge improvement compared to the content that came with earlier versions of Orion.
- Installing the Sample content is much easier than in previous editions, too, as it is performed by a dedicated Setup program.
- New skinning system introduced allows full custimization of not just all instruments and effects, but the window frames and buttons as well.
- Two skins are provided, a new V8 skin as well as an adapted “Azura” skin from V7.
For the next two weeks Orion 8 for Windows is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD (regular $249 USD). The upgrade price for Orion 7 owners is $69 USD (regular $99 USD). Prices exclude 19% VAT for customers within the EU.
More information: Synapse Audio