Synthogy has introduced its latest Ivory Piano virtual piano instrument, the Ivory II American Concert D.
Ivory II–American Concert D is a 1951 New York Steinway® model D lauded by some of the world’s greatest concert artists. Powered by the award winning Ivory II engine, Ivory II–American Concert D is a free-standing virtual instrument and the 4th product in the acclaimed Ivory II line.
This particular New York Steinway D has the designation “CD 121″ signifying that it was selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion and concert hall specification. The instrument has an exceptionally pure and clear tone, a remarkably expressive dynamic range and has been described by many artists as among the finest they’ve ever played. In fact, the plate of this particular piano is signed by pianists Glenn Gould and Rudolf Serkin, a testament of high praise for the instrument by two of the world’s great masters.
The piano was recorded in the Françoys-Bernier Concert Hall at Le Domaine Forget in the Charlevoix region of Quebec. This is the same hall where Ivory’s acclaimed German Steinway was recorded, and also by the same recording and technical team.
Ivory II–American Concert D will feature up to 20 velocity levels, will have the full compliment of Ivory II features, and run as a plug-in or standalone. For existing Ivory II users, Ivory II–American Concert D will install directly into the existing Ivory II library, giving access to all of Ivory II’s pianos and features from one great interface.
Ivory II American Concert D features
- New York Steinway D selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion and concert hall specification.
- The largest, most extensively sampled of all Ivory II pianos.
- The first of Synthogy’s pianos to feature up to 20 velocity levels, with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Includes the Award-winning Ivory II piano engine .
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance .
- Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP .
- Pedal Noise enhancements .
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration .
- Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities .
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ.
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more .
- Tuning Tables.
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations.
- Dozens of programs and effects presets.
The Ivory II American Concert D is scheduled for release in 2012, priced MSRP $199 USD.
More information: Synthogy