112dB has released version 1.2 of Morgana, a sampler VST instrument which aims to provide an authentic representation of an early digital sampler, designed to be musical rather than accurate.
Version 1.2 introduces Universal Binary VST and Audio Units versions for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard). The update includes both the retail and demo versions of Morgana and is available immediately.
Changes in Morgana v1.2
- New: VST and Audio Units versions for Mac OS X 10.,4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard).
- New: Mouse scroll wheel support for sample editor (both up/down for zoom and left/right for shift).
- New: LCD value display stays for a few seconds after adjusting control.
- Root key for samples without root key definition defaults to zone center when sampling/importing new sample.
- Sample editor redraws much faster for big—more than a few MB—files.
- Fixed: Switching modules could under some circumstances corrupt zone settings.
Morgana is available exclusively from the 112dB webstore for 169 EUR / $199 USD. An RTAS version for both Windows and OS X is scheduled for Q1 2008 and will be made available free to all registered users.
Visit 112dB for more information and a link to download a demo version of Morgana.
112dB has released version 1.1 of Morgana, an authentic representation of a vintage digital sampler, designed to be musical rather than accurate.
Included in this update is a new continuously variable multimode filter, navigation enhancements, over 50 new presets in a new streamlined folder hierarchy (available to registered users), and numerous bugfixes and minor improvements.
Changes in Morgana v1.1
- New Features
- Reorganized factory library with 50 new presets.
- VCF continuously variable between lowpass/bandpass/highpass response.
- Preset browser highlights current program for easier navigation.
- Zones assigned to a monophonic voice didn’t correctly retrigger held notes on key release.
- Pitch wheel was broken.
- Fixed bug that sometimes crashed Morgana when playing or releasing a key.
- Fixed sample browser related crash.
- Numerical entry of VCF Cutoff and LFO Rate set wrong values.
- Cursor shape changed to horizontal arrow when resizing zones.
- Various minor fixes.
Morgana is currently available for Windows XP/Vista in VST format for 169 euro/199 USD. Apple OSX AU/VST and RTAS for both Windows and OSX are scheduled for release in Q1 2008 and will be made available free to all registered users.
Visit 112dB for more and a link to download a 30-day demo version of Morgana.
112dB has released Morgana, an authentic representation of a vintage digital sampler, designed to be musical rather than accurate.
Morgana doesn’t try to boast the most impressive spec sheet, or the most transparent sound. By returning to a simpler architecture, Morgana actually transcends the limitations of typical software samplers, creating an experience that sounds and feels like an actual instrument–one that is inspiring and with a sound all its own.
- 16 voice digital sampler.
- Two part multitimbrality.
- 8-bit sampling rate.
- Variable sample rate from 10.1KHz to 29.41KHz.
- Two APDSR envelopes for filter and amplitude.
- Two sample oscillators per voice.
- 4-pole analog modeled filter per voice with cutoff and resonance controls.
- Keytracking generator for filter cutoff.
- Relative level, cutoff, transpose, and detune per sample.
- Non-destructive input modeling with antialias filter, mic preamp, and gain control.
- LFO with MIDI clock sync.
- Flexible MIDI learn system.
- SampLink technology for full-featured realtime sampling capabilities.
- Support for WAVE, AIFF, and ReCycle (.REX/.RX2) sample formats.
- Support for different tunings through .SCL tuning files.
Morgana is currently available for Windows (VST) as a download version (30.5 MB) for the price of 169 EUR. (This price includes the upcoming RTAS version for Windows and RTAS/VST/AU version for Mac OSX, which will be made available as a free download for all registered users when they become available).
Visit 112dB for more information and to listen to some demo tracks.
112dB has released a 30-day beta version of their authentic representation of a vintage digital sampler VSTi Morgana.
- Faithful representation of sampling technology circa 1984
- High quality 4 pole lowpass filter per voice (analog modeled OTA design)
- Non-destructive input modeling, including samplerate adjustment and mic preamp
- Vintage microprocessor emulation including modulator quantizing and digital crosstalk
- Support for multiple output modes, including mono, stereo, pseudo- stereo, and pseudo-surround with up to 8 outputs
- Dynamic multisample keymapping
- Each copy of Morgana sounds slightly different, just like analog hardware
- Proprietary SampLink technology allows live sample recording across different applications
- Specifically tailored for use in live performances
You can get a 30-day beta of Morgana by registering to the 112dB forum.
Additionally you can win a retail copy of Morgana by getting first place in one of these three categories: Showstopper-stopper (for best bug reports/feedback), Samplemaster (entrant who submits the best sample/patch) and Morgana Maestro (entrant who submits the best composition which utilizes Morgana in its sound generation, in part or in whole).
Participation in the beta will also be awarded with a 25% discount towards the retail version of Morgana if you decide to purchase it. The contest runs until the 7th of July (or the final commercial release of Morgana, whichever is later).
More information: 112dB / Morgana