2CAudio has released version 1.0.1 of Kaleidoscope, a sound design tool and advanced creative effects plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It’s a trip! Kaleidoscope is the ultimate sound-design tool and creative effects toy! It is an entirely new class of visual audio effects processors and is one of the most unique generative signal processing tools to come to market in recent history.
Technically speaking, Kaleidoscope is a massively parallel bank of physically modeled resonators that can be tuned completely arbitrarily with scientific precision and dynamically modulated over time by over two million points of automation. In simplistic terms, Kaleidoscope uses pictures to control sound!
Changes in Kaleidoscope v1.0.1
- Dramatically improved efficiency for String Resonators.
- Additional improvements to efficiency for all other aspects of the algorithm.
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper use with systems that had more than 16 physical cores.
- Additional misc fixed an enhancements.
Known issues to be resolved in version 1.0.2:
- Retina Display issues affecting some Mac Book Pro models.
- Additional improvements to buffering scheme for some hardware devices.
Kaleidoscope for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until March 1st, 2015 (regular $249.95 USD). The bundle with the Architecture Volume 01 KS add-on is $249.95 USD during the introductory period (regular $324.95 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / Kaleidoscope
2CAudio has announced the release of Kaleidoscope, a sound design tool and advanced creative effects plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Kaleidoscope is the ultimate sound-design tool and creative effects toy! It is an entirely new class of visual audio effects processors and is one of the most unique generative signal processing tools to come to market in recent history. Technically speaking, Kaleidoscope is a massively parallel bank of physically modeled resonators that can be tuned completely arbitrarily with scientific precision and dynamically modulated over time by over two million points of automation. In simplistic terms, Kaleidoscope uses pictures to control sound!
Kaleidoscope is both an effects processor as well as a content generator, meaning that it is possible to synthesize completely new sounds without any input sound or MIDI performance data as well as to transform incoming audio signals in other-worldly manners. Music is organized sound. The organization occurs in two axes: time and frequency. Kaleidoscope is a tool that offers ultimate control over musical organization in both of these domains and adds a third axis of creative control we like to call spatial choreography. It is designed with one goal in mind: to inspire and invigorate composers, sound-designers, and artists to push the boundaries of what is possible in cutting edge sound-design.
Kaleidoscope for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until March 1st, 2015 (regular $249.95 USD). A bundle with the Architecture Volume 01 KS add-on is on sale for $249.95 USD (regular $324.95 USD).
2CAudio is also offering Kaleidoscope customers a 50% discount on its reverb plug-ins.
From now until March 1, 2015 customers who have purchased Kaleidoscope may purchased any 2CAudio reverb at 50% off. To take advantage of this offer, first order Kaleidoscope. Then order any 2CAudio reverb of your choice and simply apply this coupon code at checkout to adjust the price: GiveMeSpace
More information: 2CAudio / Kaleidoscope
, bit crusher
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Aug 07, 2012 - 0 comments
2CAudio has released B2, a spatial processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics.
It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.
B2’s dual engine design augments its modularity by allowing both engines to have completely independent settings and be configured in a vast number of possible structures.
- Two identical and independent engines.
- Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement.
- Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing.
- Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade.
- Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage.
- Extreme range in density ranging from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs.
- Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more.
- Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow.
- Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types.
- Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes.
- Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets.
- Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser.
- Engine Templates to facilitate preset design.
- Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets.
- Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- Band-limited Interpolation.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Off-line Render Modes.
- 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX).
- Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color.
The B2 plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until September 1st, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / B2 Spacial Processor
2CAudio has announced the launch of a limited time holiday promotion for its products.
First, we are reactivating our Special End-Of-The-Year Holiday Promotional Pricing for all of our award-winning 2CAudio products including: Aether, Breeze, and The Perfect Storm. The base pricing for various products is shown below. However, this year we are doing something even more special to thank you all for your continued support:
In additional to the already discounted prices we are awarding you 20% of you total purchase price as a type of store credit we call Reward Points. This applies to all orders placed until the end of the year, for anything and everything in the store!
2CAudio Holiday Promo
- Breeze Promo: $99.95 – Save $50 now, get $20 in Reward Points.
- Aether Promo: $199.95 – Save $50 now, get $40 in Reward Points.
- The Perfect Storm Promo: $299.95 – Save $50 now, get $40 in Reward Points.
- Aether-to-Breeze Crossgrade Promo: $74.95 – Save $75 now, get $15 in Reward Points. Coupon code: Aether_Breeze_Crossgrade
- Breeze-to-Aether Crossgrade Promo: $124.95 – Save $125 now, get $25 in Reward Points. Coupon code: Breeze_Aether_Crossgrade
2CAudio has also announced two new products, soon to be released.
The first is an evolutionary adaption of some of our existing technologies that we hope will blow you all away again. The second is, at the risk of sounding immodest, nothing short of revolutionary. We believe both will strongly appeal to the vast majority of you. More news will follow shortly on these topics. We may start some dialogs on these topics in the usual online forums in the next few weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out.
The holiday promotion is available until December 31st, 2011.
More information: 2CAudio
2CAudio has released version 1.1 of Breeze, an algorithmic reverb effect for Windows and Mac.
Breeze is Aether’s pristine eco-conscious cousin. Breeze focuses on simplicity, efficiency, and economy. Additionally it offers several of its own exciting new features that have not been offered previously and make it fufill a special need in the market.
Changes in Breeze v1.1
- Over 100 new factory presets.
- Redesigned and expanded EQ and Damping scheme offering 5 new filter options for each: High Shelf, High Cut, Low Shelf, Low Cut, Off.
- Filter options are independent for Both Damping and EQ and can be configured in 25 different ways providing much more flexibility to the tonal characteristics of the reverb.
- “Off” filter mode provides additional CPU efficiency of up to 5-10% savings.
- Infinite reverb time mode.
- Substantial enhancements to the diversity achievable within the range of existing parameter settings. The behavior and effect of some parameters has been enhanced in various ways that unfortunately can not be fully described do to trade-secrets. Suffice to say the result is improved preset diversity and augmented audio quality. Consider it a tune-up to certain aspects of the algorithm.
- Improved GUI controls response.
- Improved Novation auto-map compatibility.
Breeze for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $149 USD.
More information: 2CAudio / Breeze
2CAudio has released Breeze, an ultra-effecient auto randomizing algorithmic reverb software plug-in for Windows and Mac. 2CAudio’s Aether is an award-winning, ultimate quality, self-modulating algorithmic reverb, which delivers unprecedented levels of fidelity and programmability. It … read more
2CAudio has released version 1.5.1 of Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb effect for Windows and Mac. The wait is over! 2CAudio is proud to offer a new gold standard in native reverb to the Pro … read more
2CAudio has released version 1.5 of Aether a self-modulating algorithmic reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. We believe it is one of the best sounding reverbs on the market at any price point. Aether … read more
2CAudio has released version 1.0.1 of Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Changes in Aether v1.0.1 Audio Unit: mono-to-stereo support is available in Logic 8 and Logic 9. Audio Unit … read more
2CAudio’s Group Buy for Aether has been extended. Andrew Souter wrote: We have decided to give this program 4 more days!! This should almost certainly guarantee the 200 person mark will be met (probably tomorrow, … read more
2CAudio (a sister company of Galbanum) has released Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb for Windows and Mac. Unlike convolution reverbs, Aether is not a static process, and no two instances of Aether are ever exactly … read more