2CAudio has released version 1.0.1 of Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Aether v1.0.1
- Audio Unit: mono-to-stereo support is available in Logic 8 and Logic 9.
- Audio Unit automation now reports the correct parameter range.
- Audio Unit automation can be recorded via changing parameter values on the GUI.
- Aether’s plug-in state is now saved and recalled by the host for both A and B setups.
- Aether’s current preset name and origin (user/factory/file) is now saved and recalled by the host.
- Improvements to the preset menu system.
- New GUI Skin Options: Indigo Large Skin and Indigo Small Skin.
- DSP CPU usage is now 10 to 20% more efficient depending on the user’s hardware and OS.
- GUI CPU usage is drastically reduced on OSX.
- GUI CPU usage on Windows is also equally low, though it was already closer to this level in the previous version.
- Improved gain balance between Left and Right channels in ER and LR engines.
- Improvements to the DSP that result in smoother modulation in some circumstances.
- Vast modifications to the internal code base to improve stability, increase efficiency, and enable future development plans.
- Infamous Black Screen bug fixed.
- Memory-related issue fixed.
- Denorm issue on some presets/settings fixed.
- Aether now works in DP5, Bias Peak, Numerology and RAX.
- Aether now works under Tiger (though Tiger is NOT officially supported).
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
Aether is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $249.95.
More information: 2CAudio
2CAudio’s Group Buy for Aether has been extended.
Andrew Souter wrote:
We have decided to give this program 4 more days!!
This should almost certainly guarantee the 200 person mark will be met (probably tomorrow, which is actually “today” here already technically as it’s 3:31AM as I type this.), and the price will then be $124.95 max for everyone. And who knows what you guys could do with 4 more days!!!
The Group Buy sign-up will now stay open until 12AM Pacific, Friday May 01, 2009.
Note: this group buy is open to anyone, not just KVR members
Visit 2CAudio for details and more information about Aether.
2CAudio (a sister company of Galbanum) has released Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb for Windows and Mac.
Unlike convolution reverbs, Aether is not a static process, and no two instances of Aether are ever exactly the same. The same is true in real world acoustical spaces as well: a building’s acoustical character may vary slightly depending on several factors such as its current occupancy, and even more subtle things such as the current temperature and humidity. Thus, acoustic space itself is alive in the real world and is constantly shifting, morphing, and evolving to produce a complex array of potential impulse responses. A sampled impulse response of a real acoustic space, can be quite accurate for that particular moment, but it tells only part of the story. It is like a picture of a lake, versus the lake itself. A lake in the real world is unlikely to spontaneously develop waves the size of those found in the ocean, but it is never quite as still as a picture either. Aether’s approach does not simply sample one static picture in time, but rather captures the complete subtly of the dynamic chaotic processes found in life and it retains all the detail and organic feel of these processes. Aether is alive!
- Extreme precision floating-point engine which rivals the best hardware reverb units available.
- Impeccable specifications in Space, Time, and Frequency response.
- Unique pervasive Auto-Randomizing scheme throughout the entire algorithm which keeps mixes sounding alive.
- Non-Exponential Decay curves for incredibly lush sound.
- Discrete Early Reflection and Late Reflection Engines.
- 33 Space Type Models.
- Over 250 professionally designed factory presets ranging from sublime acoustic emulations to extreme sound-design ambiences.
- Reverb Decay Time range from 0.10sec to 120sec plus an Infinite Decay Mode.
- Frequency Dependant Decay Time Scaling.
- True Stereo and Hybrid Stereo modes.
- Coded in assembly and optimized with SSE for extreme efficiency.
- Only 4 sample latency! Suitable for use in tracking and performance.
- Supported Sample Rates of up to 192K.
- Intuitive futuristic GUI designed for maximum control and ease of use.
Aether is available as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) and has an introductory price of $249.95 USD through April 01, 2009 (regular price is $349.95 USD). A demo version is available for download from the product page.
Visit 2CAudio for more information and audio demos.