9 Soundware has released Vortex, a collection of 100 patches for Reason’s Malström synthesizer.
Vortex is a set of patches for the Malström synthesizer within Propellerhead Reason. The collection showcases the Reason Device built on the unique Graintable technology, which blurs the line between sampling and synthesis.
The sound set is divided into 6 categories. “Bass”, “Lead”, “Pad”, and “Piano” (one-shot, tonal sounds) each contain 10 patches, “Drums” consists of 30 patches which cover all drum kit components, and “Inharmonic” is comprised of 30 patches which are further divided into two subcategories “Sustaining” and “Non-sustaining”.
Vortex is available to purchase as a download for $24.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Vortex
9 Soundware has announced the release of Fire Juggler, a collection of patches for Reason’s Thor synthesizer.
Fire Juggler is a set of patches for the Thor Polysonic Synthesizer within Propellerhead Reason. The collection harnesses the variable architecture and modulation options of the highly flexible instrument. The patches, which span a vast array of timbres, were designed for performance interactivity, as well as mix-conscious tonal balance.
The sound set consists of 100 patches. It is divided into 5 categories. “Bass”, “Lead”, “Pad”, and “Piano” (one-shot, tonal sounds) each contain 15 patches, and “Drums” consists of 40 patches which cover all drum kit components.
Fire Juggler is available to purchase as a download for $24.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Fire Juggler
9 Soundware has announced the release Heartbeat K, a collection of instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The idea behind the collection is the transformation of recordings of the human heart and other internal organs with the advanced signal processing capabilities of Kontakt. While its origins are in the previously released Heartbeat for the EXS24 format, this sound set is based on an entirely new concept, and the instruments have been designed from the ground up solely for this product.
Heartbeat K features
- 51 instruments based on 224 samples, captured using an electronic stethoscope, which is more sensitive and capable of capturing quieter sounds compared to acoustic stethoscopes.
- Instruments are divided into four categories:
- The “A” category consists of instruments based on heartbeat samples. Many of them use release triggers, allowing playback control over the second half of pulses. This feature can be turned off via MIDI cc#1.
- The “B” category is comprised of 3 instruments which simulate snare drums.
- The “C” instruments emphasize the organic quality of the source recordings.
- The instruments of the “D” category produce timbres with a strong synthetic character. They make heavy use of processes such as playback and effects modulation, Tracking (for tonal instruments), and sound shaping using Tone Machine and Time Machine.
- 24 MB download includes 51 .nki files and 224 WAV files (24-bit/44.1 kHz).
Heartbeat K is available to purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Heartbeat K
9 Soundware has released Full Metal Racket R, a set of patches for the NN-XT sampler within Propellerhead Reason.
The theme of the sound set is distortions. Its origins are in five previously released 9 Soundware titles. The instruments are based on select samples from the Thrash, 666, Discord, and Error EXS24 sound sets, and the Mixer Feedback WAV collection.
Full Metal Racket R features
- Thrash — Instruments of face melting aggression.
The theme behind Thrash is HEADROOM DECIMATING AUDIO. Extreme waveforms were created with one goal and one goal only: To see how gut-wrenchingly jarring and intense sound could be. These eardrum-bashing anomalies are not metalhead-friendly sounds. They are not even sound system-friendly sounds. The 30 instruments in this category are based on 75 samples. The source sounds for the samples include performed noise, synthesis, mixer feedback, screaming, and a drum machine.
- 666 — Aural disturbance.
The theme behind 666 is The Number of the Beast. From drones and disturbing cry-like textures to squeals and intense noise rhythms, these sounds were designed to paint fear-inducing backdrops, as well as evoke fright. The 20 instruments in this category are based on 25 samples. The source sounds for the samples include animal shrieks and growls, distorted vocals, a bass guitar being beaten, and drum loops.
- Discord — Instruments of discordant ambience and events.
The theme behind Discord is ethereal cacophony. Made to create ambient tension, these sounds lead to the more extreme content of 666. The 30 instruments in this category are based on 75 samples. The source sounds for the samples include performed noise using found objects and electronics, an untuned cello, headphone feedback, guitar noise, voices, and outdoor ambiences.
- Error — Undo empty trash.
The theme behind Error is glitching. These sounds are the result of misusing hardware and software to introduce distortions not usually associated with conventional signal processing. The 30 instruments in this category are based on 75 samples. The source sounds for the samples include audio files which were deleted and erroneously retrieved using data recovery software, a DAT machine on vari-speed mode, sounds which were processed and reprocessed with the opposite settings, a digital delay pedal, and a skipping audio CD.
- Mixer Feedback — DJ Mixer.
Mixer feedback is a performance technique used by DJ Shiftee, in which a feedback loop created on a DJ mixer is manipulated with its onboard controls to produce a wide array of timbres. The instruments in this category are based on samples (typically a few wave cycles) edited from audio files of the Mixer Feedback release. They fuse the imperfect “analog” character of the mixer with the modulation capabilities of the NN-XT. The 40 instruments in this group are based on 50 samples. They are classified as “Lead”, “Bass”, “Pad”, “Bass Drum”, or “Theremin”.
While these NN-XT patches use identical names and are based on the same samples as the original EXS24 sound sets, the instruments of Full Metal Racket R are brand new. They use different sample combinations, playback settings, modulation programming, and are designed specifically for the NN-XT synthesis architecture. 504 MB download includes 150 .sxt files and 300 WAV files (24-bit/44.1kHz).
Full Metal Racket R is available to purchase for $74.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Full Metal Racket R
9 Soundware has announced the release of Helix, a collection of presets for the ES2 synthesizer within Apple Logic Pro.
The sound set explores the extraordinary instrument capable of shaping a vast array of timbres with extensive control options. From harmonic tones and drums to atonal sounds with extreme settings, these 150 patches were designed for use in a wide range of applications.
- soundset of 150 .pst files, consisting of 4 main categories. “Bass”, “Lead”, the two subcategories of “Miscellaneous” (“Harmonic” and “Inharmonic”), and “Pad” each contain 30 sounds.
- Examples include chaotic leads (e.g., Conficker.pst, My Crow Soft.pst, and Teraflop.pst), 5th-harmonized basses (e.g., Lowrider.pst, Ripe Fruit.pst, and Shark.pst) and leads (e.g., Touchscreen.pst and Wardriving.pst), sequence-like textures (e.g., Low Battery.pst and Timepiece.pst), dissonant backdrops (e.g., Abyss.pst and Hex.pst), noise instruments (e.g., Fire Blueprint.pst), and impacts (e.g., Crash.pst, Scud.pst, and Slug.pst).
Helix is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware
9 Soundware has released Operator, a collection of presets for the EFM1 synthesizer within Apple Logic Pro.
These settings harness the noise making capabilities of FM synthesis, a synthesis method often associated with the ubiquitous bell-like sounds heard in music from the 1980s.
The sound set consists of 30 inharmonic sounds and 20 tonal sounds. Examples include settings for impacts (e.g., Breakdancrrrrrrrrr.pst, Creepy-crawly.pst, Hair Metal.pst, and Piñata.pst), noise (e.g., Chop Suey.pst and Fluff Assasin.pst), and backdrops (e.g., Chernobyl.pst, Crop Circle.pst, and Snarl.pst), as well as those which are designed to be played with heavy use of the mod wheel (e.g., Country And Western.pst). Also included are a few presets which are characteristic of quintessential FM sounds (e.g., Mullet.pst and Menthol.pst).
Operator is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Operator
9 Soundware has released Voice Code, a collection of presets for the EVOC 20 vocoder within Apple Logic Pro.
These settings explore its depth and versatility, both as an instrument and as effects processors.
The sound set contains presets for all three variants of the EVOC 20. Included are 30 settings for the EVOC 20 PS and 10 each for the EVOC 20 TO and EVOC 20 Filterbank plug-ins.
Examples include types which emphasize articulation (Iron Maiden.pst), remove intelligibility (Kenny.pst and Pitch Extraction.pst), are driven by heavy LFO modulation (Arrhythmia.pst, Voice Hijack.pst, and Organ Donor.pst), as well as those which produce aggressive colors (Black Lung.pst and Death Growl.pst).
Voice Code includes 50 .pst files and is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Voice Code
9 Soundware has announced the release of Ring, a collection of presets for the RingShifter ring modulator/frequency shifter within Apple Logic Pro.
These settings explore the audio morphing capabilities of the unique plug-in, which combines the two effects.
- 35 presets in Frequency Shifter mode and 15 in Ring Modulator mode.
- Examples include settings which add delay-based rhythmic layers to drum grooves (e.g., Drum Ricochet 1.pst), generate tempo synced modulations (e.g., Automation Surprise.pst and Space Cake.pst), radically reshape harmonic structures (e.g., Anti-Tune.pst and Fiend.pst), as well as those which maintain tonality of the input signal (e.g., Daguerreotype.pst and Sun Dance.pst).
- The 0.2 MB download includes 50 .pst files.
Ring is available now to download for $14.99 USD.
More information: 9 Soundware / Ring