, Boz Digital Labs
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Jul 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Boz Digital Labs has updated all its plug-ins with support for Pro Tools 11.2.
Any of you Pro Tools users may have noticed that when you updated to 11.2, most of your Boz Digital Labs plugins stopped working. We are pleased to announce that all of our plugins have now been updated to fix this issue.
You can update your plugins for free by going to http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/my-account/ and downloading the latest versions of your plugins.
If you don’t use Pro Tools 11, there is really nothing exciting about these updates, so feel free to pass.
The plug-ins are available for purchase at a 20% discount during a week long sale.
To celebrate the fact that I no longer have to spend my days recompiling old plugins (and the fact that blackberry season is beginning!) I’m going to let you take 20% off any plugin purchase at Boz Digital Labs. Just use the coupon code BLACKBERRIES at checkout to receive your discount.
The sale ends July 30th, 2014.
More information: Boz Digital Labs
Audio Ease has released version 2.1 of Speakerphone for Mac, an audio plug-in that provides authentic speakers of any size together with their natural environments.
The long awaited 64 bits AAX update of Speakerphone has been released. It adds 64 bits, AAX for ProTools 10.3.8 and up, host based presets, modern speakers form tablets flatscreens and smartphones, and the entire GUI, old fashioned as it is, is now at Retina Resolution.
Speakerphone has become the industry standard solution when a speaker needs to be faked in any production. It contains Impulse Responses of hundreds of authentic Phones, PA’s, guitar cabinets, helmet intercoms, and big old tube radios, together with ambiences, distortion, leslie, GSM codecs and all other processing specific to these quirky devices. Speakerphone can be heard it in every major Hollywood production, sometimes on almost the entire dialogue as recently in ‘Gravity’.
Windows support is not yet included in this release, but it has followed closely during Mac development so more news about that soon. However, the Mac version of the AAX RTAS MAS VST and AU plug-in that Trent Reznor uses daily to ‘un Steely-Dan’ his audio,” is free for all users of Speakerphone 2, and fully backward compatible with previous versions of what Joe Baressi has called ‘the plugin that *does* sound like ass.
Changes in Speakerphone 2.1
- 64 bits.
- AAX (does require Pro Tools 10.3.8 or up).
- New smartphone, tablet and flatscreen TV speaker IRs added !.
- New preset browser.
- Factory presets also in host format.
- Retina display support.
Speakerphone 2 is available for purchase for 395 EUR excl. VAT.
More information: Audio Ease / Speakerphone
IK Multimedia is now shipping SampleTank 3, the sound and groove workstation for Windows and Mac.
SampleTank 3 features a 33 GB sound library (containing over 4,000 instruments), 64-bit compatibility, completely redesigned user interface, 55 high-quality effects, new loop and groove management and an enhanced sample engine.
SampleTank 3 gives musicians a wider selection than ever before, with over 4,000 instruments to choose from in 21 categories that stretch across every genre and style imaginable — everything from acoustic to electric, ethnic to electronic and beyond.
All of SampleTank 3′s sounds have been sampled and crafted by IK’s team of professional audio engineers, with new lifelike expressiveness thanks to SampleTank 3 multiple articulations and new “round-robin” features. Musicians will enjoy the depth and nuance of their favorite instruments like never before: SampleTank 3′s pianos, drums, basses, guitars, synthesizers, brass, strings, vocals and other more exotic sounds shine brightly and stand out in any mix with little-to-no adjustment required.
Changes in SampleTank 3
- Over 33 GB of included sounds.
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds.
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists.
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories.
- Completely redesigned interface with 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation.
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer.
- All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing.
- “Round robin” and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity.
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument.
- 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK’s studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software.
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance.
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall.
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis).
SampleTank 3 is available for the introductory price of $299.00 USD/239 EUR until September 30th, 2014. SampleTank 2 XL or Miroslav Philharmonik full users can upgrade for $149 USD/119.99 EUR, and users of other paid IK software pay $199 USD/159.99 EUR. Regular prices are $349.99 USD/279.99 EUR, $199.99/159.99 and $249.99/199.99 EUR, respectively. Prices excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac.
This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), and several compatibility improvements on Mac.
Changes in Blue Cat PatchWork v1.4
- Selectable parallel processing chains summing mode: sum or average.
- Solo button for parallel chains.
- MIDI Channel filtering for each plug-in input.
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 1.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed wrong plug-in instantiated in some cases when selected from a VST shell package.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Flux has released v3 of Ircam Tools Spat, an advanced and sophisticated tool for room acoustics simulation and localisation, managing both spatialisation (source localisation) and room acoustic simulation in a truly consistent and visually logical way.
Designed for surround and multi-channel use, Spat v3 presents the option to setup the output arrangements providing a variety of stereo and surround configurations, including subwoofer configuration. With eight input and output channels available in SPAT, configurations up to 7.1 and 8.0 are feasible.
Each of the up to eight incoming audio channels is internally mapped to a range of Virtual Sources localized in a 3D space, and connected to a room (a reverb). Up to 3 rooms in parallel are provided, presenting the option to simulate complex spaces (coupled room acoustics).
Spat v3 introduce state of the art techniques for room acoustics simulation utilizing advanced perceptive models, concealing the complexity behind the actual algorithms, allowing for intuitive and accommodating user interaction capabilities.
Spat for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/AAX) costs $1379 USD / 1029 EUR. An introductory 30% discount is available for a limited time. For all current Spat users the Spat v3 software is a free update. Ircam Spat v3 includes a licence for Ircam Verb v3 as well.
More information: Flux / Ircam Tools Spat
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
BBE Sound has announced the release of Sonic Sweet Optimized, version 3.0 of its plug-in bundle, which includes 3 newly “Optimised” plug-ins and Mach 3 Bass, a new bass enhancer.
This new version makes the legendary BBE Sound available to broadcast, producers and musicians for all their recordings. Sonic Sweet “Optimised” has been completely re-worked from the ground up to be compatible with AAX and Pro Tools 11. The bundle has also been fully tested on the latest operating systems including Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and Windows 8.
The BBE Sonic Sweet “Optimised” is a complete rewrite of the plug-ins included in the original “Sonic Sweet” plug-ins bundle. Designed to make your mixes clearer and louder like its forerunner, it adds a new fourth plug-in to the collection, the Mach 3 Bass. At the heart of the bundle there is still the software version of BBE’s famous Sonic Maximiser hardware range, which is an emulation of their exclusive processing technologies that has set the benchmark for sound enhancement. World-renowned musicians have insisted upon using BBE Sound professional audio processors since they were first introduced in the ’80s.
BBE’s Sonic Sweet “Optimised” will add clarity to the top end and fatness to the bottom, just like their famous hardware processors do without the “fizz” or digital “sizzle” common to most other sonic enhancers. The refinements brought by this new “Optimised” version extends to a new optimised GUI and improved controls for fine-tuning your sound.
*Because Sonic Sweet “Optimised” was completely rebuilt, it is NOT compatible with previous versions of BBE Sonic Sweet Plug-ins. Any sessions with a previous version of Sonic Sweet loaded into it must continue to use the old versions of the plug-ins.
The bundle is available from DontCrack for the introductory price of $69 USD until July 31st, 2014 (regular $149 USD). Previous Sonic Sweet owners can upgrade to the new Sonic Sweet v3.0 bundle for $29 USD.
More information: BBE Sound / Sonic Sweet Optimized