Universal Audio has announced UAD software v7.4.1, a public beta download for Mac users that allows Pro Tools 11 owners to take advantage of the complete UAD plug-in library.
Great news! Pro Tools 11 and AAX 64 support for UAD Powered Plug-Ins is now available as a public beta for Mac users.
The UAD v7.4.1 public beta has proven both stable and reliable in our extensive internal testing. We are currently working on full qualification testing on Mac OS X and finishing Windows 7 AAX 64 support. Both Mac and Windows will be shipping in early 2014.
UAD Software v7.4.1
- Total session and automation compatibility with earlier versions of Pro Tools
- Access to the complete library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in AAX 64
- Seamless interoperability with Apollo series interfaces and Realtime UAD Processing
- Support for Pro Tools 11’s faster-than-realtime (offline) bounce feature
- AudioSuite processing for file-based workflows, which allows you to process files and selections with UAD plug-ins, commit the changes and free up DSP
- Multi-mono support, so you can use UAD plug-ins on surround and stereo tracks with full linking and unlinking capability
More information: Universal Audio / UAD software v7.4.1
XILS-lab has announced the release of R.A.M.S.E.S., a multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
XILS-lab R.A.M.S.E.S. – Rhythm and Motion Stereo Engine System.
Developed in close collaboration with fellow French sound design doyen Le Lotus Bleu (a.k.a. Laurent Bourgeon) to bring any audio signal to life with rhythm and motion, R.A.M.S.E.S. stands for Rhythm And Motion Stereo Engine System.
So what does that mean, exactly? Well, try imagining a multi-effect plug-in that adds (or removes) true stereo depth and space; reshapes, re-filters, and re-envelopes every sound source; creates hypnotic and robotic sequences, yet ably adapts to the most subtle or complex human rhythms; and makes digital synths sound analogue!
Anyone who thinks that sounds too good to be true… think again! That’s R.A.M.S.E.S.
- Pristine Analog Multimode Filter with exclusive Xils-lab 0-Delay-Feedback and Advanced Modelling Technologies.
- Full True Stereo Engine with Dynamic Balance (Pan) and Stereo Width Dynamic Control.
- Dynamic control of all volumes and gains (Vca) in Stereo Path.
- Exclusive Spray Delay Effect: Easy, fast and intuitive to set, Impressive to listen to.
- Crusher Effect with Dynamic control.
- Combines 5 essential effects with zero compromise audio quality for the price of one.
- RITA Performance Module (Realtime Interactive Transformation Area): Control R.A.M.S.E.S. by playing live on a MIDI keyboard only using Note On, Note pitch, Velocity, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Control Pedal, Keyboard tracking etc.
- Filter Control: Get total control of the multimode Analog filter with dedicated hardwired Enveloppe, LFOs, and the incredibly powerfull exclusive Xils-Lab-Le Lotus Bleu *Masks Technology.
- Pan-Level Control: Control Pan and Volume with dedicated Envelope, Multiwave LFO, and another complete *Grid-Masks combo.
- Advanced Area: Modulate any of 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters using a third *Grid-Mask area.
- Direct Midi Assignation: Automate via MIDI CC up to 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters.
RAMSES for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until January 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / R.A.M.S.E.S.
DDMF has announced the release of AAX versions of its IIEQPro, LP10, 6144 and Directional EQ effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The four payware EQs by DDMF, 6144 EQ, DirectionalEQ, IIEQ Pro and LP10, have all been released as AAX versions, allowing them to be used in Pro Tools 11 directly.
The new versions are available for existing users at no additional charge.
The remaining DDMF effects which are not yet available in AAX format will follow over the next few weeks.
More information: DDMF
Resy has announced its exclusive partnership with Eisenberg Audio for the launch of their einKLANG +1 Package.
Resy is a curated marketplace for indie brand musical instruments and gear, and Eisenberg Audio has proven its place as one of the top innovators in the independant software synthesizer market.
The einKLANG morphing synth was initially funded through an IndieGoGo campaign in late 2012, and since that time Eisenberg has been updating and enhancing its flagship product. The base product includes 150 unique tone colors that can be shaped and morphed within the einKLANG tone triangle for a wide range of sounds, but Eisenberg has released several additional tone packs expanding the capabilities of the already extensive synth.
The additional Red, Green, and Blue tone packs can be purchased separately, but through the launch with Resy, this is the first time that musicians can purchase the einKLANG synth with an additional tone pack in one package deal. Along with the 150 base tone colors, the Red tone pack adds 120 synth/lead tone colors, the Green tone pack adds 120 acoustic/live tone colors, or the Blue tone pack adds 120 drone/pad tone colors.
“We feel that what Eisenberg Audio has managed to accomplish with its tone morphing technology is quite amazing, and the additional tone packs really allow for endless sound sculpting,” says Resy founder and CEO Brett Rakestraw. “It’s a perfect fit for the types of innovative products that we like to feature in our marketplace.”
The einKLANG +1 Package for Windows and Mac (Stand-Alone/VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $49 USD, exclusively at Resy through December 23rd, 2013.
More information: Resy / einKLANG +1 Package
, Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013
Applied Acoustics Systems has released version 1.0.6 of its Chromaphone creative percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Chromaphone combines acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, string, and synth-like instruments. Membranes, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes form pairs that get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise source. The resonators’ material, tuning, and coupling parameters allow the creation of a wide range of instruments and sonic colors. Whether real, innovative, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Changes in Chromaphone v1.0.6
- Pro Tools 10, 11 AAX Native plug-in support.
- Cubase 5 (circa 2009) or earlier support.
- Scrolling with some non-Apple mice.
- MIDI control change assignments to handle messages with MSB and LSB data.
- Drawing problem when using VST in Orion.
- Stereo output when using VST in Acid Pro.
- This installer can simply be run over your current installation to perform the update.
- This installer is a full installer so you can use it as a starting point if you need to reinstall from scratch in the future.
Chromaphone for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is currently available to purchase for $99.50 USD as part of AAS’s Holiday Sales until January 15th, 2014 (regular $199 USD).
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems / Chromaphone
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
u-he has announced version 2.7 of Zebra, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the wireless modular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
u-he Zebra 2.7 – the 10th anniversary edition comes with now less than 100 new presets by Howard Scarr.
It was December 2003 when Zebra 1.0 was released, and we’re celebrating this anniversary with
- a new Distortion module
- Howard’s anniversary soundset
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11
- all packaged nicely in a free upgrade to Version 2.7!
Changes in Zebra v2.7
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11.
- Parameter locking feature, e.g. lock microtuning when browsing presets.
- Improved installers.
- Zebralette no longer displays “enter serial number”.
- … and many more minor bugs and niggles fixed!
Zebra for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Zebra
Expert Sleepers has announced version 1.1.0 of Little Spacey, which is now available in AAX format for Pro Tools 10 & 11 on Mac OS X.
Little Spacey is delay effect, inspired by classic analogue ‘bucket brigade’ delays but with refinements only possible in the digital arena – not to mention a maximum delay time that would cost a small fortune to realise in hardware.
Great care has been taken to give Little Spacey the smooth, creamy sound which makes analogue delays still popular today.
Little Spacey for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $29 USD (plus VAT if applicable).
More information: Expert Sleepers / Little Spacey