XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
BBE Sound has announced the release of Sonic Sweet Optimized, version 3.0 of its plug-in bundle, which includes 3 newly “Optimised” plug-ins and Mach 3 Bass, a new bass enhancer.
This new version makes the legendary BBE Sound available to broadcast, producers and musicians for all their recordings. Sonic Sweet “Optimised” has been completely re-worked from the ground up to be compatible with AAX and Pro Tools 11. The bundle has also been fully tested on the latest operating systems including Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and Windows 8.
The BBE Sonic Sweet “Optimised” is a complete rewrite of the plug-ins included in the original “Sonic Sweet” plug-ins bundle. Designed to make your mixes clearer and louder like its forerunner, it adds a new fourth plug-in to the collection, the Mach 3 Bass. At the heart of the bundle there is still the software version of BBE’s famous Sonic Maximiser hardware range, which is an emulation of their exclusive processing technologies that has set the benchmark for sound enhancement. World-renowned musicians have insisted upon using BBE Sound professional audio processors since they were first introduced in the ’80s.
BBE’s Sonic Sweet “Optimised” will add clarity to the top end and fatness to the bottom, just like their famous hardware processors do without the “fizz” or digital “sizzle” common to most other sonic enhancers. The refinements brought by this new “Optimised” version extends to a new optimised GUI and improved controls for fine-tuning your sound.
*Because Sonic Sweet “Optimised” was completely rebuilt, it is NOT compatible with previous versions of BBE Sonic Sweet Plug-ins. Any sessions with a previous version of Sonic Sweet loaded into it must continue to use the old versions of the plug-ins.
The bundle is available from DontCrack for the introductory price of $69 USD until July 31st, 2014 (regular $149 USD). Previous Sonic Sweet owners can upgrade to the new Sonic Sweet v3.0 bundle for $29 USD.
More information: BBE Sound / Sonic Sweet Optimized
DMG Audio has launched Dualism, a stereo control and analysis effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Dualism is a complete toolkit for stereo work, featuring a comprehensive audio visualisation suite.
Used as a final stage in mastering and monitor control, and at the top and bottom of every channel, Dualism ensures absolute stereo mastery.
- Fully equipped stereo toolkit.
- Input section for A/Bs, signal correction and gain structuring.
- Stereo processing section with Width, Mid->Side and Side->Mid.
- Extensive suite of visualisation options.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
Dualism is available for purchase for the introductory price of £165 GBP until August 15th, 2014 (regular £175 GBP).
More information: DMG Audio / Dualism
SoundToys has released version 4.4.2 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The update includes 64-bit support for the Speed tempo and pitch control plug-in.
This update corrects some minor issues, enhances some features, improves stability with all supported host applications, and is for our full product line.
Changes in v4.4.2
- 64-bit Speed for Logic X.
- Tighter MIDI lock for all plug-ins with MIDI sync.
- AAX is now 64-bit only. RTAS provides 32-bit Pro Tools support.
- Fixes issues with AudioSuite versions.
- Fixes issues with Preset Manager graphics in certain situations.
- Fixes an issue that may cause a crash in certain situations during session recall in Pro Tools.
- Fixes an issue that may cause an error message when recalling settings in Pro Tools 11.
- Little PrimalTap now supports RTAS on Windows.
The free update is now available for all current registered SoundToys V4 users.
More information: SoundToys
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.4 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
S-Gear 2.4 includes the new Custom ’57 amp, an updated ProConvolver offering new cabinet models, updated impulse loader & several other improvements.
The Custom ’57 is the new amp in S-GEAR and is inspired by the favourite Tweed amps from the late ’50s. The control line-up is very simple and dialling in great vintage tones is effortless and fun.
In the speaker emulation section we’ve re-worked the ProConvolver interface with a new layout to improve usability and workflow. The first ‘in-house’ cabinet models include the popular EVM-12L and G12-65 speakers, as well as a Tweed Deluxe cabinet loaded with Celestion and Weber Alnico speakers making a great match for the Custom ’57.
A complete rework of the impulse response import process allows you to drag and drop multiple impulses to S-GEAR. It is now super-easy to import an entire set of Redwirez impulses.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD (excluding sales tax/VAT).
More information: Scuffham Amps / S-Gear
zplane.development has released version 1.3.3 of Elastique Pitch, the pitch shifter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Elastique Pitch is the real time pitch shifting solution for RTAS, VST and AU. Powered by zplane’s élastique Pro pitch shifting engine which is used by millions of end users around the world, the plugin ensures the highest, program independent pitch shifting quality.
Changes in Elastique Pitch v1.3.3
- New: pressing alt & mouse click on a slider, the ball or inside the main field resets pitch and/or timbre, according to the link parameter.
- Fixed: EP did not always get the keyboard focus in some hosts.
- Fixed: space bar was not forwarded to host.
- Fixed: EP crashed when not supported sample rates (currently below 11kHz) were used.
Elastique Pitch for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 149 EUR including VAT. The update is free for all registered users and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / Elastique Pitch
zplane.development has released version 3.2.0 of PPMulator, a peak programme meter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.0 features
- Ability to customize the loudness meter (e.g. ranges and colours).
- Admin mode with password protection for the preference panel.
- Switchable, second range for true-peak scale (-48 dbTP .. +3 dbTP).
- Several bug fixes.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / PPMulator