Vengeance Sound has launched Glitch Bitch, a Vengeance Producer Suite effect plug-in for creating glitch and stutter effects.
VPS Glitch Bitch is your new favourite tool, when it comes to mangle your audio tracks: shorten or increase buffer sizes, sync buffers to your host tempo, add HP- or LP filters, apply rate reducing, reverse the buffers, use the “advance buffer mode” to create unheard effects, pitch down your buffers, apply volume and pan modulations, draw your custom envelopes (n-point envelopes), use the internal sequencer for triggering – the possibilities are overwhelming!
Glitch Bitch features
- Synced buffer sizes.
- Advance buffer mode.
- Reversible buffers.
- Buffer gate time.
- HP- and LP filters.
- Rate reducer.
- Volume and pan modulations.
- Internal sequencer.
- Note value synced envelope mode.
- 4 independent n-point envelopes.
- Pitch effect.
- Synced and free start modes.
- Intelligent and precise timing.
- 2 different dry/wet modes.
- 140 dancefloor destroying presets by Manuel Schleis.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 49 EUR. It is currently 20% off in Vengeance Sound’s Easter Sale (use coupon code vEaster at checkout).
More information: Vengeance Sound / VPS Glitch Bitch
Plugin Boutique has announced the release of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in in collaboration with Credland Audio.
The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the hearbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix. BigKick was created with the sole intention of allowing producers to achieve the results they have always wanted.
Developed to make kick drum design easy and enjoyable, BigKick has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries in your collection.
Big Kick features
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds.
- Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets.
- Tuned kick drums.
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries.
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool.
- Drag-and-drop sample creation.
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming.
- No phase shift free sound shaping.
- High pass filter (again, phase shift free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Big Kick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
Xfer Records has announced updates for Nerve, Cthulhu and LFOTool, which are now available in Pro Tools AAX format.
Cthulhu is now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64, and a MIDI FX version for Logic X), and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
LFOTool and Nerve are now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64) and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
updates are free, as always!
More information: Xfer Records
u-he has launched a new public beta of its plug-ins.
As these builds have probably reached a state that is more stable than our official releases, I would like to push them through testing/public beta/release candidates as soon as possible.
Changes in rev 2242
- Hopefully fixed crash bug in Bitwig on MacOS X (was a Cocoa drawing issue).
- Put full Mousewheel support back into VST2.
- Fixed All Notes Off issue with Zebra (abrupt releases).
- Fixed Pan/Vol Mod Labels in ZebraCM.
- Fixed MIDI Unlearn in AAX / Pro Tools.
- Reworked Mac Installers with Apple recommended ownerships (System/Admin).
- Correct Satin 1.1 user guide.
- Added full resolution to 7-bit MIDI Learn.
- Moved Runciter from Example to Harmonic category in PT.
- Added host/os/bitdepth/plug-in format to logging facility.
- Correct UI size for Satin in Live 32-bit VST.
- Fixed erratic parameter loopback in Satin (possibly fixing a lot of random issues).
The new public beta versions of ACE, Diva, Filterscape, MFM2, Podolski, Satin, Triple Cheese, Uhbik, Zebra and ZebraCM are now available to download at the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
u-he has released revision 2228 of its plug-ins, including Satin, DIVA, Zebra, and ACE.
These hopefully fix the most pressing issues. We know of some bugs with VST3 and you better don’t automate parameters with an LFO in Bitwig.
Changes in rev 2228
- should really fix AAX (autosave) crash bug for good.
- added missing buttons/drop down graphics to Filterscape.
- fixed missing Sync button in ZebraCM.
- fixed possible crash in VST.
- fixed automation-stops-when-editor-opens bug in Live/Bitwig.
- reworked Mac Installers (solve permissions issue?).
- updated Filterscape, Satin user guide.
- changed initial open/close laws for preset folder.
Rev 2228 is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
Waves has announced the release of Vitamin, a sonic enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vitamin is a multiband harmonic enhancer that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.
No matter what you use it on, Vitamin opens up the sound in a way that truly complements and enhances your mixes, ensuring they get all the nutrients they need.
- Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands.
- Control over the crossover frequency points between bands.
- Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version.
- Per-band stereo width control.
- Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics.
- Zero-latency processing.
Vitamin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / Vitamin
Audiffex has released version 2.1.0 of its GK Amplification amp and speaker effect plug-in, which now includes 64-bit versions and VST3 and AAX support.
GK Amplification plug-in includes exact models of Gallien-Krueger amps and speakers. All the functions of the original amps (Bi-Amp, filters) are available. All controls do the same as their hardware counterparts.
Changes in GK Amplification v2.1.0
- 64-bit plug-in versions added.
- VST3 and AAX plug-in formats added.
- User presets handling improved for better portability.
- GUI functionality improved.
- Standalone version is completely rewritten and includes metronome, recorder and advanced audio file player.
The new versions are available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / GK Amplification
McDSP has announced the release of Channel G Surround for Pro Tools 10 and 11 with support for both Mac and Windows, in AAX DSP and AAX Native plug-in formats.
Channel G Surround, like all McDSP AAX plug-ins, includes a 64-bit audio path, real-time control smoothing, and operation above 0 dB. The AAX DSP version can also share dsp chips with other AAX DSP plug-ins on Avid HDX hardware.
McDSP customers already owning the v5 version of Channel G Surround can download this update free of charge. Customers not owning Channel G Surround v5 can upgrade their plug-in at McDSP’s web store, or through their local Pro Tools dealer.
More information: McDSP