AfroDJMac has announced the release of Electric Guitar Synths, the 100th title in the series of free Ableton Live Packs.
I’m very pleased and excited to share the 100th Free AfroDJMac Ableton Live Pack! It’s been quite a journey and I am happy to have you here reading and playing with these toys! For this collection, I return to my roots as a musician, the electric guitar.
I was doing a little recording and wanted some fast palm mute plucks. I eventually got the part, but it was pretty difficult to get these rapid fire 16th notes sounding tight, even after almost 20 years of playing guitar. So I decided to create some sampled instruments to do the job.
The Electric Guitar Synths pack for Live is available to download free of charge. Requires Ableton Live 9.
More information: AfroDJMac / Electric Guitar Synths
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale, offering its Rack Packs for Ableton Live at a 50% discount.
All Rack Packs now 50% off!
Expand your Ableton Live library with Minimal System
Minimal System Rack Packs are collections of instruments, effect racks, samples, loops, and patches which are all designed to be used within Ableton Live.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014.
More information: Minimal System / Ableton Live Rack Packs
Amazing Noises has launched Dark Synth, an additive synthesizer for Ableton Live and Max for Live.
Dark Synth is an highly innovative new Max for Live synthesizer that marries the vast possibilities of additive synthesis with a super-intuitive interface.
As a great starting point for immersive sound-shaping, Dark Synth will introduce you to new horizons in sound design.
Dark Synth features
- Define a waveform of up to 2048 partials (sine waves) for its main (additive) oscillator, using presets waveforms, spectral processing algorithms and freehand drawing.
- Add up to 128 copies of the Additive oscillator, and each copy (generator) can be detuned and phase-shifted with respect to the others. This creates a sort of chorus which is very natural and deep, because it is not realized with modulated delay lines, but using an actual “choir” of generators.
- Sub oscillator which can play classical band limited waveforms, and also noise tones.
Dark Synth is available to purchase for 49 EUR. Requires Live 9.0.1 or higher and Max for Live.
More information: Amazing Noises / Dark Synth
, Binary Music
Posted in news
on Feb 14, 2014
Binary Music has announced a Valentine’s Day Sale, offering 40% off its sample libraries for a limited time.
Welcome to Binary Music. We produce sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt, Ableton Live, Apple Logic and Propellerheads Reason.
From vintage analogue classics like the ARP Odyssey or Solina, to digital classics such as the Ensoniq SQ80 or Yamaha TX81Z. Every single sample is professionally recorded and edited with care and attention to detail.
The sale ends February 14th, 2014.
More information: Binary Music
, Point Blank
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014
Point Blank has announced it is offering a free studio setup with every one of its diploma courses.
Every student who books a diploma course with Point Blank will receive a free studio setup courtesy of Novation/Focusrite! The brand new gear collection includes KRK Rokit RP5 G3 monitors, Novation LaunchKey 25 keyboard, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 soundcard and a laptop bag.
Diploma students will also receive Ableton Live Lite 9, Scarlett plugin suite, Focusrite Midnight, Novation Basstation and Novation V-Station plugins, a Loopmasters sample pack and Novation LaunchPad and LaunchKey iOS apps!
Everything you’ll need to start making great music is included so visit Point Blank London now to find out more about their diploma courses.
More information: Point Blank Online
Loopmasters has announced the release of ClickSound Label Sampler Vol 1, a collection of construction templates for Ableton Live and Logic Pro.
Providing an outstanding showcase and delicious taster of our expertly produced and designed MIDI Construction Templates, you can feast your ears, eyes and DAWs on our handpicked selection of finest MIDI-based products.
Launched in 2011, Clicksound is at the forefront of creating first-class, professional EDM MIDI Construction Templates for Ableton Live and Logic Pro.
Whether you are a seasoned music producer or have just started producing and you want some inspiration or perhaps you want to learn some new techniques, you can use Clicksound MIDI Construction Templates as a unique palette of ideas, sounds and techniques, with unlimited possibilities, to expand your existing audio arsenal.
ClickSound Label Sampler features
- Vadar Complextro House Micro Elements 1: A bombastic explosion of premium Complextro for Logic Pro containing tight, punchy drums, sub-sonically monstrous chopped bassline made up of 5 different sounds, old skool rave stabs and much more!
- Dubstep Micro Elements 1: An addictive and depraved, dark and grinding banquet of Dubstep with which you will musically gorge and sicken your speakers for Logic Pro and Native Instruments Kontakt 4, including dynamic and aggressive drums patterns, growling bassline and epic, melodic chords using Logic Pro’s own bit-rate down sampler.
- Cassettro Electro House Micro Elements 1: A riotously delicious offering of Complextro/Electro House for Ableton Live and Native Instruments Massive that is seriously speaker-splitting with a dangerously catchy hook, pumping drums, sharp melodic synths and deep sub-bassline.
- Cassettro Liquid Drum & Bass MIDI Elements 1: A downright dirty, temptingly tenacious and eye-squintingly glorious slab of Liquid Drum & Bass beauty for Ableton Live including blistering drums, warm sub-sonic bass, emotional and ambient piano chords, rich pad progressions and sumptuous effects.
The sampler pack is available to purchase for £9.95 GBP.
Loopmasters has also launched a limited time sale, offering 25% off all ClickSound packs.
Need some inspiration? Check out the amazing Clicksound SALE! 25% OFF all Ableton Live and Logic Pro templates until Tuesday 25th February 2014. From Complextro to House to Drum & Bass and much more. ‘load and go’ templates, ready to feed your DAW.
More information: Loopmasters / ClickSound Label Sampler Vol 1
Francis Prève has released a free Moog Sub Phatty instrument pack for Ableton Live.
Moog’s Sub Phatty (the basis for their new Sub 37, incidentally) takes their Phatty engine and adds a sub-oscillator and new “Multidrive” circuits that are capable of some really in-your-face sounds.
Since I’ve been using it for close to a year, I figured it was time for another round of Moog-based Simpler patches. Because the Multidrive is so unique and the extra sub-oscillator adds textural complexity, I focused on those for this pack.
The Live pack is a free download. Requires Ableton Live 8.4.1 or higher.
More information: Francis Prève / Moog Sub Phatty Ableton Pack
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble Mini, which takes the Ableton Live controller app to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini app brings most of the popular features and flexible workflow of the acclaimed release to the screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Users have now full control of Ableton Live 8 & 9 in the palm of their hand.
Taking advantage of the complete rewritten code of its big brother touchAble 2 for iPad, touchAble Mini offers a tight, flexible workflow that can be adjusted to suit any Ableton Live users needs, in a very portable format, making it the most appropriated controller for Live in any circumstances.
The App has been perfectly shrunk down to fit the size of the screens found on the iPhone and iPod touch, and some elements such as the Main menu have been specially redesigned to provide a quick access to all the functionalities provided in this powerful pocket version. Combined with its strong integration in Live, its six different modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, XY Pad) and a MDI Clip Editor, touchAble Mini covers every control element of Live’s session view in a very compact and elegant Interface.
touchAble Mini is designed to provide a powerful, intuitive, reliable and portable multitouch control solution for professional use.
touchAble Mini features
- Direct Access to Live’s Library.
- Powerful MIDI clip editing capabilities.
- Complete control of Ableton Live Session View.
- Smart Mixing tools.
- Control of Live Devices, VSTs and Audiounits.
- MIDI Instruments.
- Advanced XY Pad Module.
- Easy and reliable connection.
- Combine several touchAble sessions.
- MIDI hardware connection.
The touchAble mini app is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: touchAble