Spektro Audio has released version 2.0 of Spektro Nucleation, a Max For Live device that functions as a waveshaper and bitcrusher.
This major (and free!) update brings some exciting new features to our beloved waveshaping device.
Changes in Spektro Nucleation v2.0
- gen~ processing: During versions 1.0x, Nucleation, like most MaxforLive devices, processed sound in blocks of samples. Now, in version 2.0, it upsamples the signal by 2x and then uses the gen~ technology to process sample-by-sample! This new processing method results in less digital artifacts, less aliasing and a more pleasing timbre for your sound.
- New controls for you to shape your sound even further: offset and shift! Even tho the Offset control already existed in the previous versions, it now works differently due to the new gen~ processing method. The new Shift control allows you to shift the waveform forward in time, completely changing the sound.
Spektro Nucleation is available to purchase for $5 USD. A free lite edition is available to download.
More information: Spektro Audio / Nucleation
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 2, the long-awaited completely new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
touchAble 2 comes with a new Template Editor.
During the last months, the Berlin-based developers team Zerodebug have focused their efforts to create touchAble 2 the ultimate iOS control surface entirely dedicated to Ableton LIVE.
touchAble App has become increasingly popular since it has arrived on the market in september 2010, as more Live users realize the flexibility and the high level of controls and customization offered by the app; at bargain rates compared with the dedicated hardware controllers currently available. Countless artists around the globe – from bedroom producers to award winning artists – use it on stage, in their studio or while on the road.
touchAble 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up but also compatible with all iPad generations. All the new features of version 2 are available to users running touchAble on iPad1.
Changes in touchAble 2
- MIDI Sequencer.
- Template Editor.
- Isomorphic Keyboard.
- Live 9 Features including browser access.
- Advanced Native Live Templates.
- MIDI Mapping external Controller.
- Countless of new features and improvements.
The touchAble 2 app is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble
Detunized has launched Around Bridges, a sample library in Ableton Live and Universal (Wav) formats.
Around Bridges features the inner sounds of bridges. The steel components of a bridge transmit vibrations caused by passing cars or pedestrians in a fascinating manner.
Around Bridges contains the sounds of excited beam barriers, noise barriers, expansion gaps and a lot more steel components that bridges are made of. Also included are takes of footsteps, rain and wind – ordinary noises that get a certain magic when recorded on a handrail.
To round up this library several high quality AB-stereo ambiences of the acoustical surroundings of bridges are included.
Around Bridges features
- Live Pack contains 70 takes that are accessible as Instrument Racks, as Clips or directly from a well structured Live Set.
- Universal WAV library contains 70 takes with loop points that are organised into 10 categories: Ambience Below / Ambience Top / Beam Barriers / Expansion Gaps / Footsteps Handrails / Noise Barriers / Rain / Steel Structures / Wind.
The sample library is available to purchase for 9 EUR.
More information: Detunized
Wobblophones has launched Blue Triangle, a spring percussion instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt and Ableton Live.
Sonically Blue Triangle represents the idea of a big sound in a small body.
Despite its angular shape, when plucked with a finger, its sound can be round and at times a bit like a gong or church bell. But when applying different articulations, such as scraping with a plectrum or striking with a rubber mallet, metallic, more industrial sound qualities emerge and rattle along with the Blue Triangle’s natural spring reverb.
As most of our Wobblophones do, the Blue Triangle has a strong presence of overtones (and “undertones”).
Blue Triangle features
- NI Kontakt 4/5:
- 3 octaves, covering 3 articulations and “body hits”.
- Ableton Live:
- A drum rack with 40 pads, covering 3 articulations and “body hits”.
- 3 round robin layers.
- 6 presets.
- 20 short “Blips” (Midi clips / Clips).
- Rubber mallet strikes with 5 velocity layers.
- Plectrum scrapes, Finger plucks, and Body hits.
The sample library is available to purchase for $15 USD/12.50 EUR/£10 GBP. A bundle with PriZm costs $50 USD/45 EUR/£35 GBP.
More information: Wobblophones / Blue Triangle
Cluster Sound has announced the release of Pathos, a multi-sample Ableton Live pack designed for organic pads, rich strings and warm synth keys and based on the semi-modular polyphonic Korg PS-3200 synthesizer from the late ’70s.
The Korg PS-3200 is one of the biggest, rarest and amazing sounding synthesizers ever made. Released in 1978, just few hundreds of units were manufactured during the following four years. It has been used by artists like Hans Zimmer, J.M. Jarre, Emmerson Lake & Palmer, John Miles, Rick Wakeman, Tangerine Dream and by other legendary artists and synthesizer pioneers.
Thanks to its truly polyphonic architecture, the Korg PS-3200 sounds like no other synthesizer. It’s a ‘two oscillator per voice’ polysynth that means 48 keys can be played at once and articulated independently of each other. Each of the 96 octave-divided VCOs, 48 (Korg-35) VCFs, 48 VCAs and 48 envelopes, makes its own contribution to the character of the sound. The result is a very musical, rich, warm, deep and unique sound which has been simply described as an orchestra of synthesizers.
- 130 Live Presets, 130 Sampler Devices, 30 Clips and 7 Audio Effects Racks, including a great sounding simulation of the Korg PS-3200 Ensemble FX.
- Based on 27 multi-sample recordings, each of which consists of 18 notes with a length between 9 and 18 seconds, and all the samples have long and perfect loop points.
- Captures all the nuances and the organic variations of the machine and at the same time reduces to the minimum any kind of key transposition or sample crossfading artifact.
Pathos for Live costs 39 EUR.
More information: Cluster Sound / Pathos