Results for Ableton
Below are the posts that should have something to do with 'Ableton'.
Note: Use the search form in the top right if you're looking for something specific.
EDM Gold has launched Monster EDM, a sound library featuringAbleton Live Project files for Big Room House and Electro.
Built from the ground up using only Ableton’s built in plugins and Native Instruments Massive, the project files lay down the foundations of how professionals make their tracks. We have laid out the intro, the build up and the drop of 4 huge EDM bangers ready for you to rework and lay your own stamp on. All projects are 100% royalty free so you can use them commercially however you wish.
You can go into each channel and look at the processing chains, the fx and how the mix is balanced. All synths are sequenced in midi with NI Massive so you can tweak them or change the presets as you see fit. This is a rare glimpse into how the sort of records that are rocking stadiums all over the world are made and gives you the chance to get right in the middle of it.
The library is available from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP. Requires Ableton Live 8+ and Native Instruments Massive 1.3.1 or higher.
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat generator software.
The latest update features bug fixes, improvements, and better Ableton Push support. Enhancements to the Ableton Push MIDI script allow for a smoother workflow in Liquid Rhythm Max for Live mode.
Another important improvement, the Scale Selector, available in Max for Live plugin mode, allows users to start experimenting with melody pattern generation.
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.4
- Live 9 Max for Live plugin mode only:
- Scale Selector – Generate melodic patterns by hiding away note lanes not in a specific key. Select root, mode, and octaves.
- Lock clip button (from the Clip Selector) added to the Ableton Push layout.
- Improved performance when switching Live clips and loading larger Live clips in Liquid Rhythm.
- Clip Selector feature is accessible when no clip is selected within Ableton.
- LiquidRhythm.amxd patch now has a very small version number printed in the bottom right corner.
- Unlimited Live clips now display as track name and clip number in Liquid Rhythm.
- Hitting User Mode in Ableton Push to gain access to Liquid Rhythm features will perform an auto-refresh to capture any changes made to the clip.
- Kit Editor – Organize and save instruments together as a Kit in Liquid Rhythm. (Available in the Kit tab in the Library Browser, and the View Menu).
- The Randomizer panel’s fourth slider can now be used to control randomization of Velocity, Groove Offset, or both together via a dropdown menu.
- In the Diagnostics tab, enabling Diagnostic logging has been changed from a drop-down to a checkbox for ease of selection.
- Added the option to swap between eighth-note and quarter-note based indicators in the BeatBuilder. (Right-click the numbers above the BeatForm Sequencer or BarForm List to choose).
- Changing clip name within Liquid Rhythm is now undo/redoable.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the file chooser dialogue box to appear behind Liquid Rhythm on Windows.
- … Additional fixes and more information available in the full release notes.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available for $129 USD, Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
Binary Music has announced the release of LA-50, a virtual instrument library featuring a collection of sounds sampled from a Roland D-50 synthesizer.
The upper and lower tones of each patch were sampled separately and their levels, pans and modulation effects can be adjusted independently.
In total there are 100 instruments made from 2,486 samples – 2GB uncompressed. The samples were recorded dry, then carefully matched reverb impulses were created using a Roland SRV3030.
All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
LA-50 is available in Kontakt and Live formats as an instant download, priced at £17 GBP/20 EUR/$23 USD, including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
Loopmasters has launched Kick Machines, a sound library featuring a collection of production ready kick drum preset racks for Ableton Live.
Built from the ground up using only Ableton Live instruments and effects, Dan Larsson returns for more skilful production tricks and techniques with a collection of Kick Drum Machines, featuring 5 dedicated Kick Drum Instrument Racks and 55 separate templates that cover a huge tonal palate to stretch across a wide genre of Dance music productions.
These Kick drums presets are made exclusively for Live and feature Abletons incredible FM synth, Operator and native effects, combined into neat instrument racks assigned with macros for flexible tweaking and morphing.
All of the sounds are purely synthesized and come in 5 tonal varieties which can be selected as the starting point to build your own unique Kicks, including Deep House used for more subtle but weighty kicks, DnB for aggressive Punchy Kicks, Dubstep for Hard and Flappy Kicks, EDM/Techno for Hard 4X4 Kicks and finally Progressive for more traditional House Kicks.
Also added to the collection is 55 custom tweaked Kicks by Dan that come as separate Live Set templates featuring 11 Kicks of each tonal range, loaded with a basic MIDI Clip to get you started.
The Kick Machines pack is available for £16.95 GBP. Requires Ableton Live/Suite 8.1.3+.
Ableton has released version 9.1.2 of its Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Live 9.1.2
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for Akai APC40 MKII, APC Key 25, APC mini.
- Updated control surface documentation.
- Improved readability of text in clips, tracks, chains and macro controls. The text color is now automatically inverted, depending on the background color.
- Bug fixes:
- Live would show cryptic error messages in case it detects and repairs a corrupt database. Now it shows something more meaningful.
- Looped clip envelopes could have an incorrect length after unlinking the envelope, linking it again and then moving the clip from Session View to the Arrangement View.
- MIDI data from the computer MIDI keyboard or an external MIDI input could have a huge delay after plugging a cable into the computer’s headphone jack (Mac OS X only).
- When overdubbing a MIDI clip in the Arrangement View, the resulting clip would not be cropped to the correct content, but would contain all other notes of the track.
- A playing clip in the last scene would stop playing when deleting a scene above it.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when recording automation over a loop jump in a Session View clip when the Arrangement View’s loop is active.
- Plug-in parameters of certain VST plug-ins would not instantly update on the custom plug-in window after changing presets.
- The AU versions of UAD powered plug-ins would not release their DSP resources when turning them off in Live, even if the option “Release all UAD DSP resources on AudioUnit bypass” was enabled in the UAD control panel.
- Loading a set containing many disabled UAD AU plug-ins may have resulted in a “UAD bandwidth allocation exceeded” error while loading the set.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when quitting Live via the Mac OS X App Switcher (CMD+TAB).
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Mac OS X when quitting the application while Live is buffering samples.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 64-bit version when triggering multiple voices in Sampler and having the Shrink/Expand Envelopes feature enabled.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 32-bit version of Live when loading presets containing a very large amount of devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur under certain conditions when moving scenes and then using Undo.
- Live 9 Intro or Lite would crash when importing an audio clip which uses the Complex or Complex Pro warp mode (Windows only).
- Changes for Push:
- It wasn’t possible to edit device parameters if a track’s input routing was set to “No Input”.
- Live would record MIDI notes at the wrong position when using Push’s Note Repeat function and having the track’s monitoring switch set to “No Input”.
- Audio clip recording could be interrupted when choosing another track with Push, even if Exclusive Arm is deactivated in Live’s preferences.
- When selecting a track, the Melodic Step Sequencer would sometimes not select a page in the currently playing clip.
The update is available as a free download for all owners of Live 9 Suite, Standard, Intro and Lite.
More information: Ableton
Minimal System has announced a limited time promotion, offering half off all its products.
Minimal System are happy to announce our 50% off everything mega sale. Stock up on VST Plugins, Rack Packs for Ableton Live, and Sample Packs.
Use coupon 6576 at checkout to take advantage of this offer. The sale ends April 30th, 2014.
More information: Minimal System
The Subaqueous has announced a Mix Contest, a contest in which aspiring and established musicians create a track using a free Live pack full of samples, instruments, one shots, and more.
Once you have the Live Pack you can mold these sounds into your own track. The song templates are made to help kick-start your creativity. They lay out a feel and some parts. Take it from there.
Any track you make from these packs is totally yours and you will have all royalties and ownership of them as well. You might win hundreds in Swag and get a new track for your next album.
Three winners will take prizes, which include a one on one class with Subaqueous, Ableton Live packs, WaveDNA Liquid Drummer, Icon Controller, AfroDJMac Super 8 Bit Pack, and more.
The deadline for submitting your track is May 12th, 2014.