Sounds To Sample has released Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House, a Mad Lab Audio sample pack featuring thoughtfully crafted sounds, instruments, and creative deep house musical ideas, expertly tuned by the ears of a master.
Every element of the deep house style is covered – of course with a Mad Zach twist – from 909 heavy drums, to classic and forward thinking bass, supple pads, saw square and saw rooted synths, dusty mood samples, vocal chops, and a super powerful percussion rack.
Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House features
- Fully pimped out production and performance template for Ableton with all sounds and instruments built in – no third party plugins required.
- A complete arsenal of raw analog and classic tones – all sampled at clean 24bit resolution from gear like the TR-909, Juno 106, Moogerfoogers, even a rare British tube channel strip – just to name a few.
- 4 fully crafted, amazing sounding demo songs (made exclusively with the template) – which can be picked apart and analyzed for remixing, learning, or just having fun.
- Deep custom drum racks – with macro’s set up to control the tone of all your essential sounds easily.
- Dynamic analog sample instruments – All the instruments in the pack were created by sampling raw waveforms from vintage analog synthesizers, and dropping them into samplers with full macro controls over all your most important synthesis parameters.
- 20 forward-thinking drum and percussion sketches – provided as part-separated audio/midi files, as well as from within Ableton for complete tonal control and pattern manipulation.
- 7 insanely funky built in grooves, which have been meticulously extracted from the original 909 shuffles.
- Inspiring clip grid loaded with 66 drum and 53 percussion loops organized into 10 separate idea clusters each with sets of loops for, bass, synth, mood, and other sounds.
- Mood and vocal sounds – loaded into their own rack with custom eq/effects macro’s.
- Built in mixing with specialized routing, side-chain compression, custom effects racks, and tone macro’s.
The pack is available for purchase for 14.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House
Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
Josh Spoon has announced the release of The Joy of Racks, a new tutorial video series on Ableton Live racks.
The Joy of Racks is a video series of 20 videos where I will teach you the ins and outs of Ableton Live racks; great for beginners and intermediates (experts you could learn a few things too). Here are some of the things you will learn.
- The different types of racks you can create in Ableton Live
- How to build racks that can help you streamline your production and live performance
- Grow your creativity to build racks that represent you.
I will also include Instrument, MIDI, Audio and Drum racks for you to use in your projects; 31 in total. The videos are applicable for Live 8 and up but the downloadable racks are Live 9 only. Few will have Live Suite effect in them and I will have (Suite) in the title. I have tried make substitutes for Standard users where possible. In the event that it’s not possible for me to make a substitute, you can replace that functionality with your favorite VST.
The video series is now available for purchase for $50 USD. A teaser (3 racks, one tutorial video on a HAAS effect rack + the rack itself) is available to download at no charge.
More information: Josh Spoon / The Joy of Racks
Wobblophones has announced its Summer Sale, offering up to 50% discount on its sample libraries for Kontakt and Live.
The summer heat is on and it’s melting our prices! A good moment to refresh your sample collection and still have money left for summer cocktails!
Can’t choose between Kontakt or Live? We have the new ‘better together’ deal. Get the Kontakt and Live versions of our products together for an exceptionally low price.
After adding a Live or Kontakt version to your order, you will be shown the ‘Better Together’ option in you shopping cart.
Wobblophones Summer Sale
- Tunelle 30% off: $62.30 / €52.50 / £45.50.
(Regular: $89.00 / €75.00 / £65.00)
- PriZm 40% off: $27.00 / €23.40 / £18.00
(Regular: $45.00 / €39.00 / £30.00)
- Blue Triangle 50% off: $7.50 / €6.25 / £5.00
(Regular: $15.00 / €12.50 / £10.00)
- PriZm + Blue Triangle bundle 40% off: $30.00 / €27.00 / £21.00
(Regular: $50.00 / €45.00 / £35.00)
The sale ends July 31st, 2014.
More information: Wobblophones
Sample Logic has launched Rhythomatix, a collection of hybrid loops & kits for Ableton Live.
RHYTHOMATIX is a massive collection of morphed hybrid tempo-synced audio loops and kits made for electronic, industrial, pop, and cinematic music production. Sample Logic has created a dynamic jaw-dropping set of production-ready loops and kits all derived from real-world acoustic sample material and synthesis.
Taking it one step further, RHYTHOMATIX incorporates Live’s powerful instruments and effects all racked up only the way Sample Logic can, truly “blurring the line between music and sound design.” The creative design of RHYTHOMATIX pushes the boundaries of music production by using the intuitive performance controls of Ableton Live.
The clips (audio loops) and drums (kits) are seamlessly integrated into Ableton Live, which makes for a smooth workflow and intuitive user control. Each clip and rack uses Live’s Rack format, with eight Macro Controls meticulously mapped to provide powerful performance options and customization on the fly. This also means that all of the kits and loops are ready to be MIDI-mapped to a control surface or touch screen interface and automated directly in Live.
- Instruments: 339 Clips/loops, 16 Kits.
- Effects: Beat Gate, Hi-Cut Filter, Filter Resonance, Filter LFO Rate, Distortion, Reverb, Delay, Arpegiator, Vocoder.
- 871 MB Direct Download.
- Mac/PC Ableton Live Standard or Suite Version 9.0.1 or higher is required.
The Live pack is available for purchase for $79.99 USD.
More information: Sample Logic / Rhythomatix
Novation has announced Launch Control XL, the “ultimate hands-on controller for Ableton Live”.
It helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live to give you total hands-on control.
When combined with Launchpad S’s intuitive 64-button grid, this provides extraordinary simultaneous control over Ableton Live’s session view, mixer, effects and instruments. Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!
Launch Control XL features
- Get immediate hands-on control over Ableton Live.
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multicoloured indicators.
- Enhance your live performance by combining with Launchpad S.
- Get precise control over your levels with eight rugged faders.
- Create your own control layouts by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton.
- Take it anywhere: it’s tough enough to handle any live situation.
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing.
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls.
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection.
- Control all MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit.
More information: Novation / Launch Control XL