Loopmasters has launched Kick Machines, a sound library featuring a collection of production ready kick drum preset racks for Ableton Live.
Built from the ground up using only Ableton Live instruments and effects, Dan Larsson returns for more skilful production tricks and techniques with a collection of Kick Drum Machines, featuring 5 dedicated Kick Drum Instrument Racks and 55 separate templates that cover a huge tonal palate to stretch across a wide genre of Dance music productions.
These Kick drums presets are made exclusively for Live and feature Abletons incredible FM synth, Operator and native effects, combined into neat instrument racks assigned with macros for flexible tweaking and morphing.
All of the sounds are purely synthesized and come in 5 tonal varieties which can be selected as the starting point to build your own unique Kicks, including Deep House used for more subtle but weighty kicks, DnB for aggressive Punchy Kicks, Dubstep for Hard and Flappy Kicks, EDM/Techno for Hard 4X4 Kicks and finally Progressive for more traditional House Kicks.
Also added to the collection is 55 custom tweaked Kicks by Dan that come as separate Live Set templates featuring 11 Kicks of each tonal range, loaded with a basic MIDI Clip to get you started.
The Kick Machines pack is available for £16.95 GBP. Requires Ableton Live/Suite 8.1.3+.
More information: Loopmasters / Kick Machines
Ableton has released version 9.1.2 of its Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Live 9.1.2
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for Akai APC40 MKII, APC Key 25, APC mini.
- Updated control surface documentation.
- Improved readability of text in clips, tracks, chains and macro controls. The text color is now automatically inverted, depending on the background color.
- Bug fixes:
- Live would show cryptic error messages in case it detects and repairs a corrupt database. Now it shows something more meaningful.
- Looped clip envelopes could have an incorrect length after unlinking the envelope, linking it again and then moving the clip from Session View to the Arrangement View.
- MIDI data from the computer MIDI keyboard or an external MIDI input could have a huge delay after plugging a cable into the computer’s headphone jack (Mac OS X only).
- When overdubbing a MIDI clip in the Arrangement View, the resulting clip would not be cropped to the correct content, but would contain all other notes of the track.
- A playing clip in the last scene would stop playing when deleting a scene above it.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when recording automation over a loop jump in a Session View clip when the Arrangement View’s loop is active.
- Plug-in parameters of certain VST plug-ins would not instantly update on the custom plug-in window after changing presets.
- The AU versions of UAD powered plug-ins would not release their DSP resources when turning them off in Live, even if the option “Release all UAD DSP resources on AudioUnit bypass” was enabled in the UAD control panel.
- Loading a set containing many disabled UAD AU plug-ins may have resulted in a “UAD bandwidth allocation exceeded” error while loading the set.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when quitting Live via the Mac OS X App Switcher (CMD+TAB).
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Mac OS X when quitting the application while Live is buffering samples.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 64-bit version when triggering multiple voices in Sampler and having the Shrink/Expand Envelopes feature enabled.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 32-bit version of Live when loading presets containing a very large amount of devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur under certain conditions when moving scenes and then using Undo.
- Live 9 Intro or Lite would crash when importing an audio clip which uses the Complex or Complex Pro warp mode (Windows only).
- Changes for Push:
- It wasn’t possible to edit device parameters if a track’s input routing was set to “No Input”.
- Live would record MIDI notes at the wrong position when using Push’s Note Repeat function and having the track’s monitoring switch set to “No Input”.
- Audio clip recording could be interrupted when choosing another track with Push, even if Exclusive Arm is deactivated in Live’s preferences.
- When selecting a track, the Melodic Step Sequencer would sometimes not select a page in the currently playing clip.
The update is available as a free download for all owners of Live 9 Suite, Standard, Intro and Lite.
More information: Ableton
Minimal System has announced a limited time promotion, offering half off all its products.
Minimal System are happy to announce our 50% off everything mega sale. Stock up on VST Plugins, Rack Packs for Ableton Live, and Sample Packs.
Use coupon 6576 at checkout to take advantage of this offer. The sale ends April 30th, 2014.
More information: Minimal System
The Subaqueous has announced a Mix Contest, a contest in which aspiring and established musicians create a track using a free Live pack full of samples, instruments, one shots, and more.
Once you have the Live Pack you can mold these sounds into your own track. The song templates are made to help kick-start your creativity. They lay out a feel and some parts. Take it from there.
Any track you make from these packs is totally yours and you will have all royalties and ownership of them as well. You might win hundreds in Swag and get a new track for your next album.
Three winners will take prizes, which include a one on one class with Subaqueous, Ableton Live packs, WaveDNA Liquid Drummer, Icon Controller, AfroDJMac Super 8 Bit Pack, and more.
The deadline for submitting your track is May 12th, 2014.
More information: The Subaqueous / Mix Contest
Delectable Records has launched Nu Deep House, a sound library for Ableton Live.
With this new library entirely dedicated to Ableton Live, Delectable Records aims to gather one incredible plethora of tools and effects ready to use instantly.
Specifically designed for Deep House, but in addition, also great for Deep Tech House and Chillout House genres.
Nu Deep House features
- Ableton: 20 Bass Clips, 20 Bass Instruments, 14 Drum Parts Instruments, 10 Drum Racks, 9 Multi FX Racks, 6 Strip Racks, 3 Channel Strips Effects Racks, 24 Lead Clips, 24 Lead Instruments, 9 SFX Racks, 4 Vocal Racks, 6 .als Wav Loops Live Sets.
- Loops: 20 Bass Loops, 22 Chord Loops, 24 Hat Loops, 23 Perc Loops, 40 Drum Top Loops, 20 Full Drum Loops.
- Samples & multis: 20 Bass Multis, 16 Female Vox Samples, 24 Lead Multis, 16 Male Vox Samples, 32 Multi Hats, 24 Multi Kicks, 32 Multi Perc Samples, 24 Multi Snare Samples, 72 SFX.
The pack is available for £24.95 GBP. Loops and MIDI+patches packs are sold separately for £14.95 GBP each.
More information: Delectable Records / Nu Deep House
Wobblophones has announced the release of Tunelle, a virtual instrument for Kontakt 5 and Live 9.
Tunelle’s main panel allows you to control the most important instrument parameters (Kontakt version).
Tunelle is a spring instrument, invented and built by Neon & Landa. It produces sound by vibrating springs. Covering a range of 2 full octaves, the Tunelle library reveals the versatile sounds and resonances of 25 chromatically arranged compression springs.
Tunelle was designed to be played mainly by pulling the springs with fingers and quickly releasing them. But for this library 5 articulations have been recorded and sampled: pulling, vertical plucking, horizontal plucking, plectrum and striking with a rubber mallet.
The virtual instrument contains samples of two Tunelles: Metal Tunelle and Wooden Tunelle. Metal Tunelle has a clear and long metallic ring, where as Wooden Tunelle has a more dampened and warmer sound quality.
- 5 Metal Tunelle articulations, all covering 2 octaves.
- 2 Wooden Tunelle articulations, both covering 2 octaves.
- Up to 8 velocity layers.
- 3 Round-robin layers.
- 1 Body Hits articulation, covering 3.5 octaves.
- 40 presets.
- 2 GB of Tunelle samples (44.1 kHz, 24-bit).
The Tunelle library is 15% of for the whole month of April, 2014 (regular price $89 / 75 EUR / £65 GBP).
More information: Wobblophones / Tunelle
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the Sonic Academy ANA/Ableton Push integration pack at Crafted Sound.
This is the instant way to use Sonic Academy’s ANA Plug In properly from inside Push.
The ANA/Push Integration Pack will allow you to:
- Find ANA and all its factory presets inside your Push menu
- Browse through the 452 factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories (Atmosphere; Bass Dubstep; Bass Electro; Bass House; Bass Techno; Bass Trance; Drums: FX; Lead Electro; Lead House; Lead Trance; Pads; Plucks Trance; Risers; Stab House; Stab Techno; Stab Trance; STrings; 1.5 Vol 1 teaser)
- Load up any of the presets from Push
- Control the knobs and sliders on ANA using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function)
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the ANA presets’
The integration pack is available from Crafted Sound for £4.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / ANA/Ableton Push integration pack
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Filmscape, a new bundle of instruments for media composers and sound designers.
Filmscape is over 3GB of sound design and soundscape toolsets for composers, film scorers and intrepid experimentalists.
Packed with menus of metallic slams, horrific environments, cinematic textures and transition effects, Filmscape is a comprehensive collection of essential sounds for games, film, television and other media.
- Infinite Spaces – An odyssey in space and sound. Built with responses generated from legendary space simulation equipment. Infinite Spaces is an adventure in stereo and an odyssey in sonic textures.
- Grainscapes – A collection of haunting, granular synthesized cinematic textures and ambiences for scoring or sound design applications. Grainscapes includes over 20 multi-sampled programs tailored for instant tweaking and sonic manipulation.
- Metalsphere – Intense soundscapes, suspenseful textures and horrific environments. Conveniently packaged into 2 multisampled menus of the most nightmarish proportions, Metalsphere contains a huge array of sonic possibilities.
- Technosphere – Over 100 dark, twisted soundscapes, transition effects and ambiances. Perfect for television/film scoring, atmosphere creation and creative sound design.
Filmscape is available for Ableton, Logic and Kontakt, priced at $49 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik / Filmscape