Ableton has released version 9.1.3 of the Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work.
Changes in Live v9.3.1 features
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for AKAI MPK225, MPK249, MPK261.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue which caused CPU spikes when moving a MIDI note in a track containing certain Ableton devices with automated parameters while the transport is not playing.
- Fixed CPU overloads and audio artifacts which might occur when moving MIDI notes in the MIDI editor, if the track contained certain third-party VST plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that caused the active Control Scripts to be loaded again when activating an additional Control Surface.
- Enabling multiple tracks for recording and then triggering the Session Record button from the APC40 MKII would only record into the currently selected track instead of all armed tracks.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Max for Live devices from grabbing the APC40 Clip Matrix.
- Manual mappings for the APC40′s Device Bank buttons would not work any more after pressing the device’s Shift button.
- Fixed an issue on the Mackie Control Pro where the display would not show the parameter’s values correctly, after previously enabling the level meters.
- Fixed a graphical glitch which could occur when changing an Arrangement track’s vertical zoom level via the Mackie Control or a Max for Live device. Under certain conditions, this could also lead to a crash.
- Importing a Session View clip containing automation for a Max for Live device into another Live Set would create automation breakpoints in the Arrangement View.
- When loop is activated in the Arrangement View, MIDI sustain messages and other CC# messages would not be recorded reliably after the first loop iteration.
- Live would allocate an unusually high amount of RAM when rendering video with the 64-bit version on OS X.
- When configuring plug-in parameters, some sliders in Live’s plug-in panel would not match the position of the respective parameter in the plug-in GUI.
- After installing a newly purchased Pack, Live would show an error message and the Pack couldn’t be used until Live was authorized manually again.
- Text in deactivated clips was not readable with certain skins.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the plug-in window of a UAD Audio Unit by pressing the [ESC] key.
- Fixed a crash which might occur when renaming a Drum Rack pad while triggering another pad.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when running as a ReWire slave and creating a new Live Set without saving the previous Set.
- Under certain circumstances, Live would delete send automation or modulation envelopes from clips when exporting clips or tracks to the browser. Additionally, Live could crash when using the undo feature after such an export operation.
- Changes for Push:
- Certain Max for Live devices which accessed the Push Touch Strip would not work properly.
The update is now available to download.
More information: Ableton
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of Summer Bundle 1, a limited time offer on its Push/VST integration packs.
For a limited time only, get over 40% off on our full range of Push/VST integration packs to date.
Over 20,000 fully configured racks which will allow you instantly to:
- Browse and load VST factory presets from Push as with Ableton’s own instruments.
- Control and automate the knobs and sliders on the VSTs using Push’s encoders.
- Unlock Push’s full capacity for VSTs (step sequencer, exotic scales, etc.
The VSTs covered in this bundle are as follows:
- Arturia V Collection (10 synths).
The Summer Bundle 1 is available for purchase for 39.99 GBP. Integration packs for u-he’s Zebra and Zebralette are available as free downloads.
More information: Crafted Sound / Summer Bundle 1
Spektro Audio has released version 1.1 of Komplex, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument inspired by the Buchla 261e module.
The 1.1 update fixes a couple of issues that we had with the 1.0 version and brings many new features such as polyphony, envelope curves and new waveforms for the Mod LFO.
Changes in Komplex v1.1
- Major sound engine improvement – We re-designed the sound engine to make Komplex sound a lot better!.
- Polyphony – Komplex can now play up to 8 voices! You can now use Komplex to create some beautiful FM keys.
- Improvements to the Wave Morph section – morphing between the 3 waveforms sounds a lot smoother.
- Improvements to the 3 ADSR E.G.s – adjustable curves (Log – Lin – Expo) and equivalent ranges to all 3 E.G.s.
- New “Vel” buttons let’s you enable or disable velocity control for the FM and Morph / Shape envelopes independently.
- Improved FM section – we’ve fixed some issued related to the FM section and the modulating wave’s phase.
- You can now choose from 6 different waveforms for modulation: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square and S&H.
- Minor design improvements to improve usability.
- Fixed Shaper control range.
- New preset bank.
Komplex is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / Komplex
Puremagnetik has released Kardoni, a sample library of programs that delivers the legendary ARP Omni Mk2 right to your desktop.
As one of the most prolific and versatile “stringers” of the late 1970s, the ARP Omni has polyphonic Violin, Viola, Bass and Cello waveforms. It is split into 3 sections: Strings, Synthesizer and Bass synth – all simultaneously available.
To emulate the original synthesizer, a restored ARP Omni was expertly recorded, voice by voice, and reverse engineered for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic. It even includes the famous chorus, phaser and hollow waveform sounds.
The Ableton Live and Logic versions come with individual “Voice Modules” libraries alongside sound designed programs. The Live version gives you additional controls to shape and construct the individual voices, hollow waveform and chorus/phaser selections – just like on the original.
The Kontakt version of Kardoni includes a completely reverse engineered Omni emulation. All from within the Kontakt UI, the string voicings, hollow waveform, phaser, chorus, bass and synth can be tweaked to complete your retro synthesizer satisfaction!
Kardoni is available in Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic formats, priced at $15 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik / Kardoni
Wave Alchmey has announced Ableton Live and Native Instruments Maschine support for its Transistor Revolution MKII drum machine sample library for Kontakt.
Our award-winning Transistor Revolution MKII for Kontakt now includes intuitive, custom built Ableton Live Drum Racks (Live 9) and NI Maschine formats as standard when you purchase the main Kontakt instrument.
All Transistor Revolution MKII customers get the new formats for free! We have re-activated all Transistor Revolution MKII downloads for 30 days, giving you plenty of time to log into your account and download.
Ableton Live Pack (compatible with version 9 and above)
- 3627 drum samples arranged and mapped in custom built, feature rich drum racks (1 drum rack for each drum machine sampled).
- Kits for both 808 and 909.
- 22 ‘Drum Modules’ which can be loaded separately into empty Drum Racks to create your own kits. Mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine.
- Each drum module includes 7 pre-assigned macros for quick, intuitive editing within each kit. Cycle through the different sound variations recorded from the selected drum machine. All variations and parameters of the original machines have been recorded, per drum voice; pitch/tune, decay and various other settings (depending on the drum machine).
- Seamlessly scan through multi-sampled drum sounds with one-knob control over parameters such as Analog Tone, Analog Delay and Analog Snappy.
- All patches work with Simpler (full Ableton Suite not required).
NI Maschine Pack (compatible with version 2.0 and above)
- 516 drum samples.
- Full kits for both 808 and 909.
- Carefully tagged kits for quick and easy loading from the Maschine Controller. Easily edit sampler voice settings including pitch/tune, filters, envelopes, LFO’s and FX per sound via the Maschine controller.
- Mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine. Each kit includes pre-assigned sample parameters for quick, intuitive editing with the Macshine controller.
Transistor Revolution MKII is available for purchase for £84.95 GBP.
More information: Wave Alchemy / Transistor Revolution MKII
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr
Loopbased has introduced Psyder Mind for Ableton Live, a new sound library from Astral Tech.
Astral Tech presents Psyder Mind for Ableton Live is a brand-new Psy-Trance project file for Ableton Live.
It features futuristic and danceable Psytrance sounds and is perfect to edit and to create a new version of the song with you own ideas.
The pack is available for purchase for 25 EUR.
Loopbased has also launched a number of packs from its partners, including titles by Kryptic, Nano Musik Loops, Premier Sound Bank, Prodigy Studios, Pulsed Records, and more.
New packs at Loopbased
- America’s Most Wanted Beats Vol 3 (Kryptic) – ‘America’s Most Wanted Beats Vol 3′ by Kryptic contains five Hip Hop Construction Kits that include WAV and MIDI files to make your production process even easier.
- World Series: Balkan Bagpipe (Pulsed Records) – ‘World Series: Balkan Bagpipe’ kicks off a brand new series of products by Pulsed Records. This one of a kind sample pack features a Balkan Bagpipe with 11 masterpieces that reflect the native culture of several regions of the Balkans.
- Gumbo Superstars Trap Kits (Prodigy Studios) – ‘Gumbo Superstars Trap Kits’ brings you a dynamite Gumbo collection filled with blazing and unique Trap and EDM sounds.
- Balearic Trance Vol 4 (Nano Musik Loops) – ‘Balearic Trance Vol 4′ from Nano Music Loops brings you the best Trance and Dance Construction Kits in WAV, REX2 and MIDI file formats.
- Apocalyptik Vol 2 (Kryptic) – ‘Apocalyptik Vol 2′ by Kryptic contains five Hip Hop Construction Kits that include WAV and MIDI files with banging drums, strings, keys, brass, choir, French horns and more, this pack is especially dark and powerful.
- Chilled Guitars Vol 3 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – Following on from our hugely popular Chilled Guitars Volumes 1 and 2 comes the third volume in the series. “Chilled Guitars Vol 3″ features 69 smooth and somber loops ranging from 80 to 140 BPM and arranged in 4 Construction kits.
- Premier Trap Sylenth Presets (Premier Sound Bank) – Our first round of Sylenth Presets here at Premier Sound Bank comes in the form of 90 meticulously crafted Trap presets.
- Cemetery Gate Vol 3 (Kryptic) – ‘Cemetery Gate Vol 3′ by Kryptic contains six Hip Hop Construction Kits that include WAV and MIDI files to make your production even easier.
- Floating Trance Vol 5 (Nano Musik Loops) – ‘Floating Trance Vol 5′ from Nano Musik Loops features five of the best Trance Construction Kits, including MIDI files.
- Female Urban Hooks Vol 1 (Vocals and Samples) – You’ll find 26 individual vocal stems by talented singer and songwriter, Chelsea Davis. Chelsea’s vocal runs, melodies, and the warm tone to her voice will bring you endless song ideas for your next radio hit.
- Dark Project Vol 2 (Kryptic) – ‘Dark Project Vol 2′ contains five Hip Hop Construction Kits with banging drums, strings, keys, tubular bells, choirs, church organ, French horns, synths, and more, this pack includes all the elements you need to create your own track.
- House Club Vol 6 (Nano Musik Loops) – ‘House Club Vol 6′ from Nano Musik Loops features five of the most current-sounding House and Dance Construction Kits, including MIDI files.
- Futuristic Drums Vol 1 (Vocals and Samples) – ‘Futuristic Drums Vol 1′ is packed full of amazing snares, claps, kicks, percussion samples and sound effects all designed to work with just about any modern music genre.
- Magna Soundz (Prodigy Studios) – ‘Magna Soundz’ brings you five incredible Construction Kits heavily influenced by Rap and Hip Hop sensation Jay Z. This pack perfectly capture the vibe of his 12th studio album, Magna Carter.
- Producer Tool: Electro Dance Bassline Bundle (Nano Musik Loops) – ‘Producer Tool: Electro Dance Bassline Bundle’ from Nano Musik Loops features 160 of the most current-sounding Electro & Dance Bassline Riffs, including 160 MIDI files.
- Hell On Earth Part II (Kryptic) – ‘Hell On Earth Part II’ from Kryptic contains five Hip Hop Construction Kits that include WAV and MIDI and will give you that real Old School/East Coast sound as this pack is inspired by Mobb Deep’s music.
- R&B Smooth Vinyl (Dx Entertainment) – ‘R&B Smooth Vinyl’ is a new Construction Kit set that will help you take your creativity to the next level. This pack features five smooth Construction Kits with some nice 808 sounds to compliment the multi-track WAV loops.
- Trance & Dance Vol 12 (Nano Musik Loops) – ‘Trance & Dance Vol 12′ from Nano Musik Loops features six of the most current-sounding Trance Construction Kits, including MIDI Files.
The packs are now available for purchase from Loopbased.
More information: Loopbased