Beatmatch has announced 808 Grooves, a free Ableton Live project created using the sounds of Roland’s most iconic drum machine – the TR-808.
Mix, edit and build your own minimal techno grooves using 40 pre-recorded drum sequences or play around with 8 complete grooves with synth loops & basslines included in the download. Project files require Ableton Live version 8 or newer.
808 Grooves features
- 2 Ableton Live Project Files.
- 8 Groove Presets.
- 40 Audio Loops.
- WAV Format.
- Size 57 MB.
The pack is a free download at Beatmatch.info.
More information: Beatmatch / 808 Grooves
Loopmasters has launched Nais Ableton Live Projects Pack 1, a new ClickSound pack featuring 3 construction templates for Ableton Live.
A seriously speaker shaking collection of Ableton Live projects all available in one heavy-duty download.
Unlocking your creative genius has never been so easy with the help of Clicksound’s Ableton Live Construction Templates. With the lock and load simplicity of each template, plus the highest of music production standards, you will quickly be discovering your new music horizons.
Nais Ableton Live Projects Pack 1 features
- Ableton GlitchHop Project — A super charged GlitchHop banger ready to be reworked and sculpted in to your very own Glitch style track. At 100BPM this template has all the power and heavy bass grind of the GlitchHop sound including cone blasting basslines and blisteringly sharp drums and FX. All of the tracks have been exported as WAV files to a separate construction folder, meaning you can import any or all of the samples in to any DAW such as Logic Pro X or BitWig Studio.
- Ableton Breaks Project (requires Native Instruments Massive) — Basslines with anger management issues are the order of the day with this project! Using the awesome power Native Instruments Massive this project lays down the foundations for a seriously furious breaks track in Ableton Live. Featuring crisp, sharp, punchy drums, percussion and effects, along with a bassline that could crush concrete, this project will without a doubt inspire and feed your appetite for the Breaks sound of today.
- Ableton Electro Project (requires Sylenth1) — Taking the current sound of Electro this project merges elements of Electro House, Breaks and Big Room in to one professionally engineered project. Featuring an infectious lead melody, driving basslines and percussion that cuts through ‘like a knife through butter’, this project serves as an excellent sonic palette of inspiration for your next Electro style project in Ableton Live.
The template pack is available from Loopmasters for £16.95 GBP.
More information: ClickSound / Nais Ableton Live Projects Pack 1
Ableton has released version 9.1.3 of the Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work.
Changes in Live v9.3.1 features
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for AKAI MPK225, MPK249, MPK261.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue which caused CPU spikes when moving a MIDI note in a track containing certain Ableton devices with automated parameters while the transport is not playing.
- Fixed CPU overloads and audio artifacts which might occur when moving MIDI notes in the MIDI editor, if the track contained certain third-party VST plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that caused the active Control Scripts to be loaded again when activating an additional Control Surface.
- Enabling multiple tracks for recording and then triggering the Session Record button from the APC40 MKII would only record into the currently selected track instead of all armed tracks.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Max for Live devices from grabbing the APC40 Clip Matrix.
- Manual mappings for the APC40′s Device Bank buttons would not work any more after pressing the device’s Shift button.
- Fixed an issue on the Mackie Control Pro where the display would not show the parameter’s values correctly, after previously enabling the level meters.
- Fixed a graphical glitch which could occur when changing an Arrangement track’s vertical zoom level via the Mackie Control or a Max for Live device. Under certain conditions, this could also lead to a crash.
- Importing a Session View clip containing automation for a Max for Live device into another Live Set would create automation breakpoints in the Arrangement View.
- When loop is activated in the Arrangement View, MIDI sustain messages and other CC# messages would not be recorded reliably after the first loop iteration.
- Live would allocate an unusually high amount of RAM when rendering video with the 64-bit version on OS X.
- When configuring plug-in parameters, some sliders in Live’s plug-in panel would not match the position of the respective parameter in the plug-in GUI.
- After installing a newly purchased Pack, Live would show an error message and the Pack couldn’t be used until Live was authorized manually again.
- Text in deactivated clips was not readable with certain skins.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the plug-in window of a UAD Audio Unit by pressing the [ESC] key.
- Fixed a crash which might occur when renaming a Drum Rack pad while triggering another pad.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when running as a ReWire slave and creating a new Live Set without saving the previous Set.
- Under certain circumstances, Live would delete send automation or modulation envelopes from clips when exporting clips or tracks to the browser. Additionally, Live could crash when using the undo feature after such an export operation.
- Changes for Push:
- Certain Max for Live devices which accessed the Push Touch Strip would not work properly.
The update is now available to download.
More information: Ableton
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of Summer Bundle 1, a limited time offer on its Push/VST integration packs.
For a limited time only, get over 40% off on our full range of Push/VST integration packs to date.
Over 20,000 fully configured racks which will allow you instantly to:
- Browse and load VST factory presets from Push as with Ableton’s own instruments.
- Control and automate the knobs and sliders on the VSTs using Push’s encoders.
- Unlock Push’s full capacity for VSTs (step sequencer, exotic scales, etc.
The VSTs covered in this bundle are as follows:
- Arturia V Collection (10 synths).
The Summer Bundle 1 is available for purchase for 39.99 GBP. Integration packs for u-he’s Zebra and Zebralette are available as free downloads.
More information: Crafted Sound / Summer Bundle 1
Spektro Audio has released version 1.1 of Komplex, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument inspired by the Buchla 261e module.
The 1.1 update fixes a couple of issues that we had with the 1.0 version and brings many new features such as polyphony, envelope curves and new waveforms for the Mod LFO.
Changes in Komplex v1.1
- Major sound engine improvement – We re-designed the sound engine to make Komplex sound a lot better!.
- Polyphony – Komplex can now play up to 8 voices! You can now use Komplex to create some beautiful FM keys.
- Improvements to the Wave Morph section – morphing between the 3 waveforms sounds a lot smoother.
- Improvements to the 3 ADSR E.G.s – adjustable curves (Log – Lin – Expo) and equivalent ranges to all 3 E.G.s.
- New “Vel” buttons let’s you enable or disable velocity control for the FM and Morph / Shape envelopes independently.
- Improved FM section – we’ve fixed some issued related to the FM section and the modulating wave’s phase.
- You can now choose from 6 different waveforms for modulation: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square and S&H.
- Minor design improvements to improve usability.
- Fixed Shaper control range.
- New preset bank.
Komplex is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / Komplex
Puremagnetik has released Kardoni, a sample library of programs that delivers the legendary ARP Omni Mk2 right to your desktop.
As one of the most prolific and versatile “stringers” of the late 1970s, the ARP Omni has polyphonic Violin, Viola, Bass and Cello waveforms. It is split into 3 sections: Strings, Synthesizer and Bass synth – all simultaneously available.
To emulate the original synthesizer, a restored ARP Omni was expertly recorded, voice by voice, and reverse engineered for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic. It even includes the famous chorus, phaser and hollow waveform sounds.
The Ableton Live and Logic versions come with individual “Voice Modules” libraries alongside sound designed programs. The Live version gives you additional controls to shape and construct the individual voices, hollow waveform and chorus/phaser selections – just like on the original.
The Kontakt version of Kardoni includes a completely reverse engineered Omni emulation. All from within the Kontakt UI, the string voicings, hollow waveform, phaser, chorus, bass and synth can be tweaked to complete your retro synthesizer satisfaction!
Kardoni is available in Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic formats, priced at $15 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik / Kardoni
Wave Alchmey has announced Ableton Live and Native Instruments Maschine support for its Transistor Revolution MKII drum machine sample library for Kontakt.
Our award-winning Transistor Revolution MKII for Kontakt now includes intuitive, custom built Ableton Live Drum Racks (Live 9) and NI Maschine formats as standard when you purchase the main Kontakt instrument.
All Transistor Revolution MKII customers get the new formats for free! We have re-activated all Transistor Revolution MKII downloads for 30 days, giving you plenty of time to log into your account and download.
Ableton Live Pack (compatible with version 9 and above)
- 3627 drum samples arranged and mapped in custom built, feature rich drum racks (1 drum rack for each drum machine sampled).
- Kits for both 808 and 909.
- 22 ‘Drum Modules’ which can be loaded separately into empty Drum Racks to create your own kits. Mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine.
- Each drum module includes 7 pre-assigned macros for quick, intuitive editing within each kit. Cycle through the different sound variations recorded from the selected drum machine. All variations and parameters of the original machines have been recorded, per drum voice; pitch/tune, decay and various other settings (depending on the drum machine).
- Seamlessly scan through multi-sampled drum sounds with one-knob control over parameters such as Analog Tone, Analog Delay and Analog Snappy.
- All patches work with Simpler (full Ableton Suite not required).
NI Maschine Pack (compatible with version 2.0 and above)
- 516 drum samples.
- Full kits for both 808 and 909.
- Carefully tagged kits for quick and easy loading from the Maschine Controller. Easily edit sampler voice settings including pitch/tune, filters, envelopes, LFO’s and FX per sound via the Maschine controller.
- Mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine. Each kit includes pre-assigned sample parameters for quick, intuitive editing with the Macshine controller.
Transistor Revolution MKII is available for purchase for £84.95 GBP.
More information: Wave Alchemy / Transistor Revolution MKII