Acon Digital has released version 1.5 of the Restoration Suite, a plug-in bundle designed for audio restoration tasks.
The Restoration Suite includes DeNoise (picture above), DeHum, DeClip & DeClick.
The visual appearance has received a facelift and the workflow has been improved with undo and redo support, A/B comparisons and a new preset manager that allows presets to be exported and imported from XML files.
The adaptive mode in DeNoise can now be set to target either broadband noise only or a combination of broadband and tonal noise. The combined mode allows adaptive de-noising of stationary noise with tonal components such as engine noise, AC noise and similar. The Pro Tools integration has been improved with support for highlighted controls when using automation and automation menu keyboard shortcuts that simplifies the workflow.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.5
- New visual appearance.
- Support for visual themes.
- Additional ‘combined’ mode in the adaptive denoiser that targets tonal components as well as broadband noise.
- New preset manager with XML export and import.
- Unlimited undo and redo history.
- A and B settings for quick comparisons.
- Control highlighting in Pro Tools.
- Keyboard short-cut for the automation menu in Pro Tools.
- Further bug fixes and minor improvements.
The Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all previous Restoration Suite customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Related: Acon Digital
, Bernie Maier
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Ignite Amps
, Rhythmic Robot
Posted in news
on Aug 27, 2014 - 0 comments
KVR Audio has announced that the Multiply chorus effect plug-in by Acon Digital has won the Developer Challenge 2014.
In first place is Acon Digital with their chorus effect plugin, Multiply, an Audio Unit, VST Plugin and AAX Plugin for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X.
Being both Mac & Win compatible Acon Digital win 60% of the KVRDC14 prize fund! Of course they also win the fantastic A3E prize giving them the opportunity to present their entry at the A3E show in Boston, September 23-24, 2014! Congratulations to them.
The Nova-67P equalizer/compressor plug-in by vladg/sound takes 2nd place, while 3rd place goes to the Emissary dual channel guitar tube amplifier effect by Ignite Amps.
The winner in the Soundware category is NanoMod #7: 8-bit, a collection of vintage 8-bit digital synths for Kontakt by Rhythmic Robot. The Fifth Degree MIDI sequencer for iOS by Bernie Maier takes the Wildcard prize.
More information: KVR Developer Challenge 2014
Acon Digital has released Multiply, a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist.
Each simulated voice is processed with a phase randomizing filter so that unpleasant comb filter effects are avoided. The effect can be used to simulate the effect of several performers playing the same tones simultaneously, to widen the spatial image or to create special effects for sound design.
Multiply can simulate up to 6 additional voices and both the pitch and the loudness of the voices can be modulated. There is also an integrated equalizer consisting of low cut, low shelf, high shelf and high cut filters that can be applied to the effect signal. An integrated pre-delay section makes it possible to create modulated and diffuse echo effects.
- Chorus effect with up to six separate voices.
- Randomized phase filters in order to avoid comb filtering effects while keeping delay times short.
- Amplitude modulation.
- Frequency modulation.
- Adjustable pre-delay.
- Integrated equalizer for the effect signal.
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response.
- Undo and redo parameter changes.
- A/B comparisons.
- Preset manager.
- Save, load and categorize user presets.
Multiply is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). It is part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: Acon Digital / Multiply
Plugin Boutique has launched a sale on Acon Digital products, offering 30% off its reverb, deverb, and noise reduction plug-ins for a limited time.
We welcome Acon Digital to Plugin Boutique with an exclusive 30% off introductory price on all their software for two weeks!
The sale ends June 12th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Acon Digital
Acon Digital has announced Verberate Surround, a surround capable edition of the Verberate plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with a new degree of realism.
Verberate Surround supports all common surround formats, including quadraphonic audio, 5.1 and 7.1 surround. Dense and realistic early reflections are simulated independently for each input to output channel pair.
The late reverberation network uses up to four channels in a quadraphonic setup to simulate energy fluctuations on both the left to right and the front to back axis. Proprietary and novel methods ensure that all output channels are uncorrelated.
Verberate Surround features
- Support for all common channel formats up to 7.1 surround.
- Highly realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces.
- Separate early reflections for each input to output channel pair.
- Quadraphonic processing of late reverberation that simulates energy fluctuations in the room.
- Completely uncorrelated output channels (with maximum stereo spread).
- Uncluttered user interface.
- Sensible set of parameters.
Verberate Surround for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate Surround
Acon Digital has released version 1.2 of Verberate, an algorithmic reverb plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Verberate offers a highly realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces.
This is the reverb for those who like clean and realistic reverbs like convolution reverbs, but are in need of more flexibility and tweaking possibilities without sacrificing realism.
Changes in Verberate v1.2
- Improved stereo image.
- Less coloration and more lively late reverberation tails.
- Pro Tools Audio Suite support.
- CPU optimizations.
- New presets.
- Fixed rare issue with truncated early reflections.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Verberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Verberate customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate
Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of its DeVerberate, a plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation present in recorded material.
Along with quality and user interface improvements, the new version also supports the AAX plug-in interface, thus allowing Acon Digital DeVerberate to be used in the AVID Pro Tools product family.
Changes in DeVerberate v1.1
- Improved reverb reduction with less artifacts.
- New spectral smoothing setting.
- AAX support (including AudioSuite).
- On / off toggles for the estimated dry and reverberation signals.
- Difference monitoring.
- Knobs with linear movement.
- OS X 10.6 support.
- Flat package format with certificate to avoid Gatekeeper alerts on Mac.
DeVerberate for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all DeVerberate customers.
More information: Acon Digital / DeVerberate