Acoustica has announced a public beta of version 7 of its Mixcraft music production software for Windows.
Welcome, Mixcraft Beta Tester! Here’s a quick look at some of the new features in Mixcraft 7, including a 64-bit version (with support for 32-bit plug-ins!), the live performance panel, two new samplers, plug in management, searchable drop-downs, audio warping and quantizing, a new look, and much more!
As a beta tester, we need your help to ensure that Mixcraft 7 is solid, bug-free, and works well. Download the latest beta and log any bugs that you find!
Beta testers can now apply.
More information: Mixcraft / Public beta
Acoustica has announced the release of AeroMIDI, a new 3D MIDI controller software for Windows and Mac.
AeroMIDI allows users to trigger notes and MIDI continuous controller messages with hand and finger movements in 3D space.
AeroMIDI enables control of six expression parameters using only one hand, or use both hands and control up to 12 simultaneous expression parameters. User-defined virtual spaces called “cubes” and “zones” allow easy triggering of events, beats or notes. Perform a gesture, such as a two-fingered swipe to the left, and suddenly you’ve enabled a whole new mode or set of expression controls and MIDI actions.
Simply plug a Leap Motion Controller into a USB port, load and install the AeroMIDI software, and start your MIDI software or external synthesizer. AeroMIDI then sends controller data and notes to MIDI software or external hardware. Control synthesizers, lighting rigs, visualizers, DAWs, effects, virtual instruments, and any other MIDI-capable hardware or software with AeroMIDI.
- Gestures translate hand movements with very low latency.
- Translate hand & finger movements and rotation to MIDI controller data with very low latency.
- Play notes by moving or rotating hands.
- Configurable virtual 3D cubes let you build your own custom controller interface.
- Simultaneously control MIDI expression parameters in three dimensions, including hand rotation.
- Windows- and Mac-compatible (Windows 7+ and Mac OS X 10.6+).
- Requires the Leap Motion Controller (Support for other 3D input devices coming soon).
- Works with all MIDI software, hardware and DAWs, including Acoustica’s Mixcraft 6.
AeroMIDI is available to purchase for $29.99 USD. Acoustica will demonstrate the software at the Winter NAMM at Booth 6428, Hall A.
More information: Acoustica / AeroMIDI
Acon Digital has announced the release of Acoustica 6, a major new version of the audio editor for Windows.
Acoustica is a comprehensive audio editor for recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The intuitive user interface was designed with speed, accuracy and ease-of-use in mind and offers a large set of high quality processing tools to make your recordings sound the best. The consistent workflow simplifies your audio production work and batch processing, powerful audio restoration tools as well as Red Book compatible CD burning is also included.
Acoustica 6 introduced multitrack editing.
Changes in Acoustica 6
- Multitrack Editing (Standard and Premium Edition only)
- Create as many audio tracks as you want.
- Apply effect chains to tracks or master track.
- Clips can easily be looped and stretched.
- Add transitions between clips by simply overlapping them in the time line. Several transition curves are available.
- Double click a clip to open and modify the content in an audio editor window.
- Mix-down to 5.1 and 7.1 surround formats (Premium Edition only).
- New Phase Linear Equalizer (Premium Edition only)
- Phase linear six band parametric equalizer.
- Six different filter types.
- No frequency warping when close to the Nyquist frequency.
- Variable bandwidths and filter slopes (from -3 to -120 dB / oct.).
- New Audio Restoration Tools (Premium Edition only) – Acoustica Premium Edition now includes the same tools as found in the Restoration Suite:
- DeNoise is a plugin designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise.
- DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
- DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle.
- DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
- Upgraded Processing Tools (Standard Edition only) – Acoustica Standard Edition 6 includes several of the high quality processing tools that were earlier only available in the Premium Edition:
- Superb quality time stretching.
- Transpose tool (pitch shift) based on the new time stretching engine.
- New reverb with much better control over the room and filter parameters.
- The parametric equalizer now offers six different filter types – low shelf, peak, high shelf, high pass, notch and low pass.
- Other Improvements
- Improved VST preset handling which is more consistent with how presets are managed for the internal processing tools.
- Automatic recovery of recording audio if the computer shuts down unexpectedly during recording.
- WAVE64 – support for files bigger than 4 GB now also in the Basic and Standard Edition.
- The Basic Edition now includes MP4 and AAC import and export filters (only on Windows 7 or higher).
Acoustica 6 for Windows is available to purchase for $39.90 USD (Standard) / $119.90 USD (Premium). A free Basic version is available to download at no cost.
More information: Acon Digital / Acoustica 6
Acoustica has updated its Mixcraft 6 music production software for Windows to v6.1 build 204.
Mixcraft enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with MIDI and virtual instruments, add effects, score and edit video, and mix and master your tracks to create polished, professional compositions. Mixcraft is your music production dream come true, instantly turning your computer into a fully-stocked professional recording studio.
Changes in Mixcraft 6.1 b204
- New loops – 4 new loop kits.
- Major Time Signature Marker Repairs.
- Can no longer move track markers with time sigs via drag and drop.
- Bullet proofing.
- Japanese Language Support.
- Mute button on clips working better.
- Got rid of right click menu on control surface dialog.
- Autoscroll was not working starting from Submix track.
- Changing selected track with keyboard now skips hidden tracks.
- Changing track color now works from main menu.
- Now syncing drum map when an instrument changes.
- Fix for auto track name customization garbage.
- Fix for the ‘reverse’ checkbox not sticking on automation controllers.
- Now hiding name edit box when scrolling horizontally.
- Improvements & fixes in the logic for lanes.
- Auto-rewind now goes back to the position of the last playback.
- Fixes & improvements for merging clips.
- Fixes to the recording count-in.
- New preference for sending pedal-off messages at the end of clips.
- Fix for Mixcraft playing clips beyond the Loop End marker.
- Fix for Mixcraft not obeying MIDI input settings when loading a project.
- Output track effect automation information now saved and loaded properly.
- Fix for freezing submix child tracks.
- Fix for solo button on duplicate track not working.
- Can now control audio effects from a MIDI source on Virtual Instrument tracks.
- Library now can sort numbers such as # of bars intelligently.
- Fix for slow shutdown of Mixcraft.
- Added loop to check for and remove NAN in Elastique output (rare).
- Resizing message box for horizontal text.
- Fix for some VSTs not getting key strokes.
- Fix for recording while preview sound is playing.
- Merging cross faded clips now produces clip with the crossfading included.
Mixcraft 6 for Windows is available to purchase for $74.95 USD.
More information: Acoustica / Mixcraft
Soundtrack Loops has announced an Acuna Boyz Remix Contest sponsored by Acoustica Mixcraft 6.
Remix Acuna Boyz Dirty Hands featuring singer Marie Lousie for a chance to win Acoustica’s Mixcraft 6 music production software, a record contract with Acuna Digital, and tens of thousands of loops from Peace Love Productions.
Remix Contest Prizes
- Top 5 tracks will get signed to Acuna Digital and will go out initially on Acuna Boyz Productions as an EP and then out onto compilations on a wide variety of labels.
- First place wins Mixcraft 6, a VIP producers vault from Peace Love Productions (access to over 30,000 loops and samples for 1 yr), and goodies from Acuna Digital.
- Second place goodies from Acuna Digital, and a Soundtrack Loops VIP pass for 1yr (access to thousands of loops and samples).
- Third place goodies from Acuna Digital, and a $50 credit with Soundtrack Loops.
All entries must be fully uploaded by midnight US CST on September 27th, 2012.
More information: Soundtrack Loops
More posts that match this tag
Acoustica has updated its Mixcraft 6 music production software for Windows to v6.0 build 191. Mixcraft enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with MIDI and virtual instruments, add effects, score and … read more
Acoustica has released its Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, the latest version of its Mixcraft audio production workstation software bundled with additional virtual instruments and powerful new effects. Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 expands Mixcraft 6’s already-powerful … read more
Acoustica has updates its Mixcraft 6 music production and multi-track recording workstation for Windows to build 185. Mixcraft enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with MIDI and virtual instruments, add effects, … read more
Acoustica has announced the release of Mixcraft 6, the latest version of the powerful music production and multi-track recording workstation that comes packed with thousands of music loops and dozens of audio effects and virtual … read more
iZotope has announced Mastering Essentials, a new tool designed specifically for Acoustic Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. By licensing elements from Ozone, iZotope’s flagship mastering suite, Acoustica is delivering a basic mastering solution approachable for musicians … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
– Related: Acoustica
, compressor and limiter
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2012 - 0 comments
Acoustica has released a public beta of Mixcraft version 5.2 build 150. Mixcraft 5 is a powerful yet easy-to-use multi-track recording studio that enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with virtual … read more
Acoustica has recently released Mixcraft Pro Studio 5, a multi-track recording studio software for Windows. Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 improves on Mixcraft 5’s already impressive line-up by adding three incredible virtual instruments and four powerful … read more
Outbound link: Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio 5
– Related: Acoustica
Posted in news
on Jan 28, 2011 - 0 comments
Acoustica has released Mixcraft 5, a multi-track recording studio for Windows. Mixcraft 5 is a powerful yet easy-to-use multi-track recording studio that enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with virtual instruments, … read more
Acoustica has released Pianissimo, a virtual grand piano, delivering the rich, warm sound and expressiveness of a classic grand piano. Pianissimo uses a combination of sample playback and advanced physical modeling to create a stunning … read more
Acoustica has released build 98 of Mixcraft v4.1, a multi-track audio recorder that enables you to record your band, create a podcast, create mash-ups or remix a song. Changes in Mixcraft v4.1 build 98 Added … read more
Acoustica has released a new beta of Mixcraft 4, a multi-track audio recorder that enables you to record your band, create a podcast, create mash-ups or remix a song. Changes in Mixcraft 4 Support for … read more