Acousticsamples has released Percussiv’, a percussion collection for Kontakt and ASPlayer, a new sampler player plug-in for Windows and Mac.
As opposed to traditional percussions libraries, Percussiv’ is based on the detail of each instrument so that each one of them is playable and sounds realistic.
- 15 Detailed Instruments.
- 1,16Gb sample bank, around 4000 samples no loops Recorded at 24/88,2Khz downsampled to 24/44.1khz.
- 4 to 8 Round Robins.
- A lot of velocity layers.
- Detailed instruments with the most common strokes, each one is easy to play.
- Advances functionnalities to be able to change the volume, pitch and pan of each instrument (only in the kontakt version).
- Instrument list: Agogo, cowbell, berimbao, bongos, 2 claves, congas, chinese gong (tamtam), guiro, 3 shakers, cabasa, tambourine, brazilian tamborim, triangle, udu drums, 6 woodblocks.
- The Midi percussion parts of the demos are included to help you understand how to play it.
- Available for Kontakt 2, 3 and 4, and our new player: the ASPlayer (VST and Audio Unit for mac, and VST for windows) : you don’t need anything else to be able to play it.
Percussiv’ is available to purchase as a download for $85 USD (additional shipping fees for DVD version).
More information: Acousticsamples / Percussiv’
Acousticsamples has released OldBlackGrand, a virtual piano instrument for Kontakt.
Everybody keeps on sampling the best and cleanest piano ever… here is a completely different approach. We sampled an old Pleyel Grand Piano (F-71240 model from 1928) with vintage gear like a studer console and tube microphones, it has the rich and warm sound of the old jazz/blues or even classical music recordings.
- 12,89GB sample bank, no loops Recorded at 24/88,2Khz downsampled to 24/44.1khz.
- 9 velocity layers for the sustain.
- 9 velocity layers for the release.
- Two microphone positions: close (inside) and rim (singer position) that you can enable/diable and mix.
- Adjustable sympathetic resonance.
- Thumps samples and Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- True pedal action technology.
- Midi panel to let you finely control the response of the instrument (velocity remapper, sensivity).
- Advanced scripting capabilities for a real mechanical behaviour simulation and polyphony saving.
- KONTAKT 3 and 4 (optimized for Kontakt 4).
OldBlackGrand is available to purchase for $111 USD.
More information: Acousticsamples / OldBlackGrand
Acousticsamples has updated Kawai-EX Pro, a virtual concert grand piano instrument.
The Kawai-EX PRO sample Library is a fabulous 9-foot (276cm) KAWAI EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC. This Library is the result of a collaboration with Lance Herring.
Changes in Kawai-EX Pro
- Numerous voicing improvements that make releases more accurate and consistent.
- New release samples for some keys.
- Improved dynamic range.
- Improved pedal behaviour.
- More consistency when using custom controls.
- New formats (SFZ, HALION 3, EXS24, Mach5).
- Added compatibility to Kontakt 2.
- Whole new version for Kontakt 4 and the new scripting capabilities.
- New GUI for the Kontakt 4 version.
Kawai-EX Pro is available to purchase for $115 USD.
More information: Acousticsamples / Kawai-EX Pro
Acousticsamples has released Elektron, a sample library for Kontakt featuring a Godin Multiac electro-acoustic guitar with nylon strings.
- 2.06 GB of samples recorded at 24 bits, 44.1khz.
- 5 play modes: Normal, Legato, Hammers, Slides, Strumming (features Acousticsamples’ new guitar strumming engine and a harmonization feature to produce guitar-like chords).
- Strumming script that helps you play chords, hammers, legato like on a real guitar.
- 10 downstroke velocity layers and 10 upstroke (20 samples per note) played alternatively.
- 16 release samples per note.
- Hammers samples, ghost notes and various fretnoises.
- Fender Frontman 212R cabinet simulation.
- Eq with the same parameters as on the real guitar.
- Bends can be done with pitch bend and/or aftertouch.
- Easy control of the parameters (like strum speed or play modes) with any controller to be able to control everything via automation.
- Sensitivity button to adjust the response.
- KONTAKT 2 format, separate version for Kontakt 3.5 or superior (others will come). Easy to use KONTAKT interface.
Elektron is avaialble to purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: Acousticsamples / Elektron
Acousticsamples has announced the release of DrumTaste Free, a free drum sample library for Kontakt.
The DrumTaste Free is a Rick Marotta Signature Hipgig drum set with paiste cymbals
DrumTaste Free features
- 80 MB of samples recorded at 16 bits, 44.1khz.
- Custom mapping, you can assign every element to any key from the interface.
- Mappings presets: GM, V-DRUMS, IMAP, NSKIT (NDK) or default one.
- CC# controlled Hihat that features automatic closing sound.
- 2 Cycle round robins.
- Sensitivity button to adjust the response.
- Detailed instruments: 6 velocity layers per round robin.
- Kontakt 2 or higher required.
DrumTaste Free is available to download at no cost (free registration required).
More information: Acousticsamples / DrumTaste Free
Acousticsamples has announced the release of Bassysm-M, a muted bass instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Bassysm-M bass is a four strings Musicman Stingray bass with roundwound strings recorded at 24bits 44.1khz from the direct output of a tube preamp (the same as the bassysm-S and Bassysm-J)
- 260MB sample bank, no loops.
- 11 velocity layers.
- 10 velocities for the release.
- slide samples.
- hammers samples.
- advanced legato/slide/hammers script.
- Additional frets noises, Multi velocity Ghost notes.
- 4 different play modes: normal, legato, hammers, slides.
- Playable instrument, everything can be controlled from the keyboard.
- KONTAKT 2 or superior (separate versions for kontakt 3.5). Easy to use KONTAKT interface.
Bassysm-M is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
Acousticsamples has also released Bassysm-Pack, a bundle of 3 bass libraries: Bassysm-J (fingered), Bassysm-S (slapped) and Bassysm-M (muted). This bundle is available to purchase for 89 EUR.
More information: Acousticsamples / Bassysm-M