Rabbit Ears Audio has introduced its Jet Turbines sound fx sample library.
Raw power and thrust is what REA_011 Jet Turbines is all about. We sought out a series of hard-to-find and unique sounding turbines. We stood dangerously close to afterburners and jet wash so you wouldn’t have to. The collection includes the L39 Albatros (Soviet-era Mig Trainer), home-built Jet Motorcycle, home-built Jet Utility Cart, and several radio-controlled model jet airplanes.
Did I mention the Jet Utility Cart? The L39 was not air worthy, but its turbine was pushed at various levels of thrust on the tarmac. The Jet Motorcycle, Jet Utility Cart, and radio-controlled planes were all pushed during stationary runs and fly bys. This library is a diverse collection of thrusters ready for space travel, other-worldly bys, whines, and low-end raw power ready to be stretched into drones and other design elements.
The sound library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $115 USD).
More information: Rabbit Ears Audio / Jet Turbines
New Sound Lab has released NSL002 LAX Aircraft, a new sound fx sample library.
This library features descending aircraft flyovers at Los Angeles International Airport. One unique aspect of LAX is that it’s nestled in the city, making it easy to stand directly under very low flying airplanes to capture a great sound.
A range of aircraft were recorded for this release, including the Airbus A330, Boeing 737, 747, and Bombardier 800.
Two different microphone positions were used: One facing the oncoming aircraft, and the other pointing in the opposite direction to capture the flyover and further decent as the aircraft lands.
Sounds were captured with a Sanken CSS-5 Stereo Shotgun mic in 120 degree stereo mode. The microphone was mounted in a full Rycote windshield kit and connected to a Sound Devices 702 recorder.
All sounds in this release are in 24bit 96khz Broadcast Wave format. Files are in a zip file, which includes a PDF with metadata. Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to instantly download the library.
NSL002 LAX Aircraft features
- 44 stereo Broadcast Wave files at 24bit 96khz.
- Library size is 625 MB.
- All files are organized and tagged with metadata, compatible with Pro Tools, Audiofinder, Soundminer and other sound library management software.
- Metadata PDF included.
NSL002 LAX Aircraft is available to purchase for $25 USD.
More information: New Sound Lab / LAX Aircraft
, Nathan Willis
, R2 D2
, random posts
, Red Bull
, Star Wars
Posted in random posts
on Feb 05, 2008 - 0 comments
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on February 4th, 2008:
- Pocket Electronic – An universal electronics DIY kit to build your own MIDI control box. Up to 16 controlling elements can be connected to PE transmitting 16 different MIDI messages on different (or even the same) MIDI channels.
- Our daily bread – A film about where your food comes from in this age of globalization.
- gaussmarkov: diy fx » Fuzzy Logic – A unique circuit for guitar effects builders. It uses readily available SIP sockets to allow easy transistor swapping.
Fuzzy Logic by Gaussmarkov
- Remove shake and motion blur from photos – Nathan Willis dissected three applications for removing the effects of camera movement from your photos.
- Mythbusters, airplane on a conveyor belt – Kottke’s liveblogging account of the Airplane on a conveyor belt myth.
- Red Bull Art Of Can – Red Bull Art of Can is a national juried exhibition featuring artwork in a variety of media that have one thing in common?they are all inspired by Red Bull or crafted from the iconic blue and silver cans.
- Star Wars R2-D2 Peppermill – Not that you’ve noticed… but all fine restaurants on Tatooine feature R2-D2 pepper grinders. Usually after you order your salad of Dagobah greens a Wookie will come around and offer you some fresh ground pepper from one of these handy droid-based mills.
The Online Paper Airplane Museum is trying to preserve the many different designs of paper airplanes.
F/A-18 Hornet – one of my favorite planes
The museum is basically one big links directory of paper airplanes. Currently there are more than 810 designs available already!
Link via Make:Blog