, drum machine
, J Dilla
, Kev Brown
, Producers Choice
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 14, 2012
The Producers Choice has released the Boom Bap Phonetics, a drum sample pack inspired by the sounds of J Dilla and Kev Brown.
Our sound designers painstakingly mimicked the EXACT drum sounds used by J Dilla, Kev Brown & Mad Lib.
The Boom Bap Phonetics drum kit is the ‘go to’ drum library for Boom Bap drum samples. The kit captures J Dilla’s signature styled drums by using the same filtering techniques, creative EQ & compression, and drum machines as the legendary producer.
Boom Bap Phonetics features
- Over 170 drum samples, crafted using the following equipment: Akai MPC3000, SP-303 Sampler, P-505 Sampler, Technics Turntables w/ Dirty Vinyl Drums.
- MPC READY – pgm files included so you can load into your unit fast and easily.
- Each sound was recorded from vinyl record and split tested through different chains to get the perfect boom bap sound.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: The Producers Choice / Boom Bap Phonetics
Ableton has updated its Ableton Live and Suite music production software for Windows and Mac to version 8.3.
We’ve released Live 8.3, a free update introducing greater stability, automatic updating and direct SoundCloud upload from within Live.
Changes in Live/Suite v8.4
- Improvements and feature changes:
- A new “Upload to SoundCloud” option is available in the Export Audio/Video dialog. When enabled, Live will open an upload client after the file has been rendered to disk, so you can upload the rendered file directly to your SoundCloud account.
- Added automatic software updating. When enabled, Live will automatically download and install software updates in the background. Users who update to Live 8.3 from an older Live version will see a dialog box when launching Live 8.3 for the first time, where Automatic Updates can be enabled or disabled. You can always change the settings in Live’s “Licenses/Maintenance” Preferences.
- Changed the naming of the Live application. The application is now called “Ableton Live 8″ and does not include a specific revision number. The revision number can still be found in the About screen in the Help menu.
- The Windows installer has been updated to a newer version.
- The default installation path of the Live application has changed on Windows.
- Added usage data collection. When enabled, Live will send data about your Live installation and usage to ableton.com. This data will be used to help Ableton’s developers identify bugs and improve the software. Usage data collection is optional and can be enabled/disabled in the “Licenses/Maintenance” Preferences.
- Added control surface support for Akai MPK Mini.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when modulating a parameter in the Corpus device with Max for Live.
- Fixed crashes and audio dropouts that could occur when hot-swapping through AAS instruments.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing the deletion of the last warp marker in an audio clip.
More information: Ableton
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 26, 2012
Tonebuilder has launched a Tax Man Sale for Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back, offering 40% off the electronic drum and percussion sample library for a limited time.
2072 brand-new samples, of which 90% have never before been heard and the other 10% is presented in a completely new fashion.
Intended for any genre that includes electronic drum sounds. Included are a wide variety of new sounds spanning the range and expanding the boundaries of contemporary music. Club, techno, trance, dubstep, house, ambient, electro-acoustic, dnb, experimental, film-beds, pop, hip-hop, rock … sure, why not, those genres use drums. For me, the focus is making a wide variety of samples to be used as a musical instrument, transcending genre and inspiring you thru life.
Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back features
- 2072 Premium Designer Drum Samples.
- 24-Bit/96kHz WAV, 24-Bit/96kHz AIF.
- Intelligently organized and labeled for optimal creative work-flow.
- Also comes in 16-Bit/44.1kHz WAV, featuring premium dithering/SRC and 8 character names for classic samplers such as the MPC and Akai series.
- 22 NI Maschine Kits, 22 FXPansion Geist and Guru Kits.
- Logic EXS24 and Native Instruments Kontakt patches (Deluxe version only).
Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back is available to purchase at a 40% discount, priced $45 USD (Standard) / $52 USD (Deluxe) until April 15th, 2012.
More information: Tonebuilder
Image-Line has updated its FPC for FL Studio to version 22.214.171.124.
FPC (Fruity Pad Controller) is a software plugin similar to the hardware Akai MPC™ unit, coded & optimized for the FL Studio platform.
FPC is a self-contained multi-layer/velocity drum machine that makes it easy to create, edit and swap drum kits on the fly. FPC supports 16 multi-layered patches for banks A and B.
We recently made some urgent updates to FPC that fix a number of bugs causing crashes under FL Studio 10.0.9.
Changes in FPC v126.96.36.199
- Fixed: pad preset export doesn’t set file extension.
- Fixed: pad preset selection results in error on deletion.
- Fixed: pad preset default folders didn’t exist (updated paths.dat).
- Fixed crash after clicking “Save entire kit as pad presets”.
- Fixed crash dropping samples on pad that was already playing.
- Fixed freeze when changing midi presets.
Registered FL Studio users can get the FPC update at the Looptalk forum.
More information: Image-Line
Posted in news
on Jan 30, 2012
VirSyn has released updated versions of its iVoxel vocoder and Addictive microSynth apps for iPhone and iPad.
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine. iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists – one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
Changes in iVoxel 2
- Realtime pitch following.
- Automatic tuning correction to selectable scale.
- Polyphonic sequencer.
- Voxel editing.
- Hi-end Reverb.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections and Background Audio.
- Support for Korg’s Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST).
- Publish recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
- Many more things and bugfixes.
Version 1.1 of Addictive microSynth for iPhone introduces Akai SynthStation 25 support.
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops. The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical sound scapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
With Version 1.1 you get instant hardware access together with the AKAI SynthStation 25. Use the hardware buttons for scrolling through presets and arpeggios, operating the Arpeggiator and rolling our famous dice to get instant new arpeggio creations!
More information: VirSyn