After two years running its Secrets of House Music Production weekend course, Sample Magic has announced the first ever Summer School, a five-day music production class for producers of all electronic genres, from house and techno to dubstep and beyond.
This in-depth course covers every aspect of electronic music production – from beats to bass, synths to vocals, FX to arrangement and mixdown to mastering – guided by expert Sample Magic tutors and sound-designers in the facilities of Alchemea College in the heart of London.
Led by producer, lecturer and Future Music regular
Bruce Aisher and with guest sessions from leading music industry professionals – including mastering engineers, music lawyers and Sample Magic co-founder Sharooz – attendees will leave with a greater understanding of the tools and techniques used to create cutting-edge dance music, as well as insights into the wider workings of the electronic music industry – from recording contracts and publishing to copyright and business know-how.
Hands-on learning is fundamental to the course, with plenty of time allocated to refine individual skills with tutors on hand to answer questions. Not only does every attendee use their own music workstation, they will also get our hands dirty with classic outboard and learn studio techniques for recording vocals.
Attendees also receive:
- A copy of The Secrets of House Music Production.
- A copy of Paul White’s The Producer’s Manual.
- £150 Sample Magic gift voucher.
- Alchemea course credit voucher.
- Free mastering of a track of their choice at one of the world’s leading mastering houses.
- Continental breakfast each day.
- Tea and coffee throughout the day.
The Sample Magic summer school costs £540 GBP and takes place Monday 3–Friday 7 Sept 2012.
More information: Sample Magic / Summer School
Sample Magic has announced its Summer School music production class.
Summer School: Led by producer, lecturer and Future Music regular Bruce Aisher, with guest sessions from leading music industry professionals incl. Sample Magic co-founder Sharooz.
After two years running our Secrets of House Music Production weekend course and countless requests, we’re delighted to announce the launch of the inaugural Sample Magic Summer School – a five-day music production class for producers of all electronic genres, from house and techno to dubstep and beyond. And for a limited time we are offering an early-bird 10% discount.
This in-depth course takes you through every aspect of electronic music production – from beats to bass, synths to vocals, FX to arrangement and mixdown to mastering – guided by expert Sample Magic tutors and sound-designers in the award-winning facilities of Alchemea College in the heart of London.
The Summer School will take place Monday 3 September – Friday 7 September, 2012. Tickets are now available to purchase for £540 GBP (10% off regular).
More information: Sample Magic / Summer School
, Bruce Aisher
, Dizzee Rascal
, Marc Adamo
, Sample Magic
, The Nextmen
Posted in news
on Jan 03, 2012
Sample Magic has announced the full line-up for the first ever London Electronic Music Event, with appearances from Ben Watt, Toolroom Records, Dom Betmead (The Nextmen), SoundCloud, Hal Ritson (Dizzee Rascal), DJ Magazine and more.
The London Electronic Music Event, 18-19 Feb 2012, is a weekend of production and business masterclasses incorporating hands-on tutorials, Q&As, round-table discussions and networking. It takes place at the award-winning Alchemea College, Angel, London.
- Toolroom Records > Building an electronic music brand.
- Ben Watt > In conversation.
- DJ Magazine > How to survive and thrive in today’s music industry.
- Production workshops > Synth programming with Massive, Mastering alchemy: The gold standard, Bass and kick: A pivotal relationship, Mix bus processing, Taking dance music live, Songwriting and producing for the stars, Drum programming. Hands-on tutorials from author of The Secrets of House Music Production Marc Adamo and lecturer and journalist Bruce Aisher.
- Business & Marketing sessions > Music business for the freelance musician, Working the blogs: The PR machine, Getting more from SoundCloud, 10 things to look for in a record contract, The perfect team for the solo producer, Six ways to make money in the industry, Identity & branding 101.
- PLUS… > Demo doctor, exclusive goodie bag, discount shopping, licenced bar, breakout networking sessions and much more.
The event takes place Sat-Sun 18-19 Feb 2012, 9.30am-9pm, at Alchemea College, London. The event costs £140 GBP for the weekend.
More information: London Electronic Music Event
Sample developers Sample Magic and music college Alchemea have announced a new season of music production and music business weekend courses in London, UK.
Following the sell-out success of their Secrets of House Music course in 2010, the team are returning with four new courses run across six weekends. Courses include The Secrets of House Music Production, The Business of Music, Ableton for Dance Producers and First Steps in Logic. The courses are delivered by high-profile Sample Magic tutors with guests including DJ and producer Sharooz (Moby, Mylo, Robyn, Kings of Leon).
- The Secrets of House Music Production: Intensive course that reveals the tips, tricks and techniques of the pros to take your house tracks to the next level.
- The Business of Music: How do you set up a label? What revenue streams should be tapped? Who do you need in your team? We survey the whole music business landscape in this interactive course for anyone working in the industry.
- Dance Track in a Weekend: First Steps in Logic: In this weekend blitz course we introduce you to everything you need to know about making music in Logic by guiding you through the creation of a full original track.
- Ableton for Dance Producers: Aimed at newcomers to Ableton Live and those who want to build their skills, this course outlines how to get the most from Live as a studio tool and outlines its powerful uses on the live circuit.
The courses are being held during May and June 2011, priced between £320 GBP an £340 GBP for the weekend.
More information: Sample Magic