Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Skylife has launched a pre-order for the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X.
Forthcoming is the new release of the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X. For the first time all Mac users can benefit from the professional sample converter Awave Studio in combination with SampleRobot and Alchemy Player. Create, convert, play and edit complex multi-samples and instruments with ease.
With the SampleRobot Sampling Suite Mac users can master all kinds of sampling challenges. It is a complete software package that should be part of every studio.
SampleRobot Sampling Suite features
- Turn acoustic and electronic instruments, voices and noises into virtual instruments fast.
- Fully automated sampling.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated auto-loop processing and editing.
- Alchemy Export Bridge.
- Sampling of virtual instruments.
- Play your samples directly after export, edit effects, modulation and envelopes.
- Convert about 290 audio and multi-sample formats.
- Import formats like AKAI S1000, MPC, Kurzweil K2xxx, Roland S, Ensoniq and MIDI Sample Dump.
- Extract samples from sampling CDs.
- Audio batch processing, auto-loop for all, resampling, normalizing, gaining, fading.
- Export samples directly to Steinberg HALion 4, Logic Pro EXS24, NI Kontakt 4, Reason NN-XT, Waldorf Blofeld, Soundfont2 and many others.
- Import and export for Yamaha Tyros 2+3, Motif XS+XF.
- Full MIDI remote control, incl. program and bank changes, multi-velocity layering.
- Release-sample editing.
- Optimum loop handling incl. forward-backward loop with 2 independent crossfades and auto-gain functionality.
- Sample and export whole synthesizer sound bank in one go (Instrument Copier).
- Premium multi-samples from classic synthesizers included.
The SampleRobot 4 Sampling Suite for Mac OS X is available to pre-order for $349 USD (regular $399 USD). The suite is scheduled for delivery in the last week of June, 2013.
More information: SampleRobot
, group buy
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
, sound design
Posted in news
on Jun 12, 2013 - 1 comment
Patchpool has announced the launch of a Summer Group Buy for its sounds and presets.
In this group sale every participant pays the fixed sum of € 40 Euros and chooses from the products available for that group sale level. The more buyers join the group buy the more products can be obtained.
You can either wait until the sale is over to choose your products and SoundPacks, or you can immediately choose your products once you’ve joined this sale. Whenever the sale reaches the next level, I will send out group mails to notify you about the current level.
Choose from soundsets and preset expansions for Alchemy, Kontakt, Absynth, Reaktor, Zebra, MFM2, Filterscape, Iris, Stutter Edit, Diversion, Chromaphone, ElectraX, Padshop Pro and Tremor and from SoundPacks and LoopPacks for post production and sound design.
The Group Buy ends July 15th, 2013.
More information: Patchpool / Summer Group Buy
Patchpool has announced the release of Flagolet Guitar and Surreal Snippets, two Kontakt sample libraries created from excerpts from previously released soundsets for Camel Audio’s Alchemy.
Flagolet Guitar for Kontakt is taken from the Warped Strings soundset.
This soundset contains 4 guitar flagolet patches played on an acoustic western guitar and sampled in L-C-R using 3 high quality Neumann microphones. These samples and their electronic derivatives were originally produced for my Alchemy Bank Warped Strings.
Flagolet Guitar features
- Kontakt 4, 66.6 MB unzipped, 48Khz/24Bit/stereo.
- Includes 4 nkis/Instruments.
- 38 Samples compressed using Kontakt’s ncw format.
- 2 Impulse Responses.
The Flagolet Guitar for Kontakt costs 7.50 EUR.
Surreal Snippets is the first excerpt from Alchemistry Beyond for Alchemy.
This patch uses 5 instrumental snippets recorded during an improvisation wih several musicians and originally belongs to my Alchemy Bank Alchemistry Beyond. These snippets were later processed with various tools and all are split across the keyboard.
Surreal Snippets features
- Kontakt 4, 33.2 MB unzipped, 48Khz/24Bit/stereo.
- 1 nki/Instrument.
- 5 Samples compressed using Kontakt’s ncw format.
Surreal Snippets costs 4.50 EUR.
Customers who bought Warped Strings and/or Alchemistry Beyond can get the respective Kontakt packs at no cost.
More information: Patchpool
, Camel Audio
, Electric Himalaya
Posted in news
on May 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has updated its Alchemy Mobile virtual synthesizer app for iOS to version 2.0.18.
Alchemy Mobile v2 is the latest update to Camel Audio’s popular iOS sample manipulation synthesiser for your iPhone/iPad.
The 2.0.18 update provides support for the general pasteboard so you can easily paste audio into Garageband and other non-ACP apps. Also included are a new manual to help you get the most from all its features both old and new, as well as additional improvements.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.0.18
- Copy/Paste to Garageband and other non-ACP apps.
- New Manual makes learning easy – see Extra->Help.
- New ‘Himalaya: Vintage’ Sound Library available – authentic classic synths.
- Improved handling of looped audio.
- Improved background rendering.Various other improvements and fixes.
Camel Audio has also announced Himalaya: Vintage for Alchemy Mobile.
It offers an authentic vintage vibe and playability with squelchy basses, rich multi-layered pads, cutting synths and shimmering strings. Classic synths include the Mellotron, Solina and Oberheim.
It’s out now as an in-app purchase for just 4.99 USD / 3.99 EUR / 2.99 GBP.
Alchemy Mobile Free is available to download for iPhone/iPad from the iTunes app store. Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available as an in-app purchase for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio
Yuroun has introduced Pure Pads, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
Pure Pads is a small Alchemy soundset with 30 pad sounds. All the sounds where made with the Alchemy’s Virtual Analog engine, so the sounds are Pure Alchemy. The pad sounds are Warm, lush, deep, dreamy, drone’ish. Listen to the demo’s.
Each of the 30 presets makes full use of Alchemy’s remix pads, offering a total of 240 sound variations. Use the remix pad and tweak knobs to find sounds that inspire you, or just fit well into your mix. As a bonus we’ve included the midi files and FL Studio 11 project files used by the demo sounds.
The sound library costs 6.50 EUR inc. VAT.
More information: Yuroun / Pure Pads
Camel Audio has introduced Alchemy Mobile v2, the synthesizer app for iPad and iPhone.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality.
Alchemy Mobile v2 is a major update to Camel Audio’s iOS synthesiser for your iPad/iPhone. It features drum pads and a new 4-Track Sequencer for intuitive song creation. Camel Audio have also added Audiobus support so you can integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
Alchemy Mobile v2 features
- 4-Track Sequencer – Intuitive song sketch pad with mixer and solo/mute.
- Audiobus Support – Integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
- Drum Pads – Create your own beats.
- New Presets – Improved sounds including piano, strings, guitar and drum kits.
- Improved Recording – Overdubbing, song position indicator and adjustable track length.
- iCloud – Backup and transfer your songs.
- 8 Demo Songs – Hear what Alchemy Mobile can do.
- Tutorial – Learn fast.
- Improved Graphics – Now sharper and clearer.
- Lower Latency – Snappier performance on iPad3/iPhone 5.
- Simplified Account Signup – get 35 free presets by entering an email address and password.
Alchemy Mobile is a free app for iOS. The Pro Upgrade includes saving of your songs, and extra sounds and songs to remix. It is available as an in-app purchase for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Patchpool has announced the release of The Vase, a sound library for Camel Audio Alchemy, containing 15 patches made entirely from a multisampled vase using unprocessed samples for beautiful and delicate mallet-like instruments and processed, spectralized and metasynthed samples for pads, synths, soundscapes and otherworldly noises.
The vase was played with soft mallets, hitting it at the top, bottom and side, recording 10 variations for each hit (10x Round Robin). It was also played with the hand for claydrum-like sounds (9xRR), it was rubbed with a drumstick, it was filled with water for nice drips and drops and it was resynthed to create keyboard-like instruments.
All vase samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
As in all my soundsets for Alchemy I make extensive use of Alchemy’s complex modulation possibilities and filters, often intermodulating LFOs/MSEGs/Sequencers with each other and assigning numerous parameters to a single Controller. This enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds and shape it according to his needs and preferences. Also the patches can serve as a starting point for the user’s own creations when loading new samples into them and then using the pre-assigned Controllers and Snapshots in the Remix Pad.
The Vase for Alchemy is available to purchase for 11 EUR. Requires the full version of Alchemy.
More information: Patchpool / The Vase