, PinkNoise Studio
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 28, 2011 - 0 comments
PinkNoise has released Analogue Monsters Kontakt Edition, a sample library featuring sounds of 10 analog synthesizers.
Analogue Monsters is our biggest Kontakt sound library ever, based on the best sounds of 10 legendary synthesizers – from the 70′s up to the present:
- Alesis Andromeda A6
- Korg MonoPoly
- Korg MS-20
- Korg Poly800 MKII
- Moog Prodigy
- Oberheim Matrix-1000
- Roland Juno-60
- Roland Jupiter 4
- Studio Electronics SE-1X
- Waldorf Microwave XTk
Ten great synthesizers, hundredweights of hardware! You could probably hardly find enough room for them in your studio, but still: Analogue Monsters can hold in any notebook’s hard disk. You can play them in your room, take it to the studio or these monsters can be with you even if you are on the road – with no compromise in sound quality.
Analogue Monsters Kontakt Edition features
- 1268 Kontakt instrument patches (in 8 categories).
- 5 GB of 44kHz/24 bit samples (6965 perfectly looped wav files).
- 12 midi controllable knobs for realtime tweaking and for automation of the most important synth parameters.
- Extensive editing techniques: multiple velocity layers, random and round-robin triggering, alternate sample starts to achieve fat, lively and realistic analogue sounds.
- Exclusive IR sample collection for the convolution reverb of Kontakt.
- Requires full retail version of Kontakt 3.5 or higher.
Analogue Monsters Kontakt Edition is available to purchase for the introductory price of 64.80 EUR until November 1, 2011 (regular price 81 EUR).
More information: KontaktBanks / Analogue Monsters Kontakt Edition
HyperSynth has updated Ion-editor, a software editor for the Alesis ION and Micron analog modeling synthesizers.
Ion-editor offers intuitive user interface and it emulates ion LCD display graphics for parameters that need more descriptive information like envelope curve, filter balance, mod matrix and tracking generator.
Changes in Ion-editor v2.1
- New registration method that is based on username instead of machine-id.
- Added readout for all parameters.
- Added option for disabling graphical readout.
- Added dedicated zoom level in settings menu with save option (standalone version).
- Added full-screen button (standalone version).
- Added “reset to default” for m1 and m2 wheel.
- Enhanced m1, m2 and pitch wheel graphics and movement.
- Enhanced Filter Freq, Porta time and ENVs readout format.
- Now for all parameters “reset to default” responds to “Double Click” besides “Ctrl + Click” for more flexibility.
- Fixed OSCs and ENVs LED selectors malfunction after requesting patch.
- Fixed bug in Cubase 5 which caused to block MIDI out after adding plug-in in project.
- Fixed crash after opening a project with multiple instances of the same plug-in in Cubase.
- Fixed problem that caused “Rename” window to be displayed wrongly after manually sending a SysEx patch to editor from micron/ion.
- Fixed problem that blocked auto sysex listening in some circumstances.
- Improved compatibility with VST hosts.
ION-editor is available to purchase as a VST plug-in for Windows for $38 USD.
More information: HyperSynth / ION-editor
Elemental Arts has released Analog Universe – Memories, the first in a series of “sound source” style sample library products made using legendary and unique real analog synthesizers.
Memories is a tribute to the memory of the legendary Alesis A6 Andromeda, a now discontinued but feature-wise unparalleled analog beast whose phat analog sound many synth lovers will no doubt miss sourly.
With this painstakingly produced sound source sample library you have a easy way to conjure the unique Andromeda signature sound in your productions. Long live the A6 Andromeda!
Analog Universe – Memories features
- 291 multi-sampled sfz instruments: Brass 18, Bass 19, Drums 68, Keys 6, Lead 72, Pad 21, Pluck 55, String 22, Sweep 10.
- Total of 6202 .wav files, 48kHz, 24-bit, mono.
- Includes 2425 presets:
- Alchemy: 313 + 313 no fx versions. All Alchemy presets also include 8-performance variations.
- Dimension/Pro: 606 (no synth fx used).
- Rapture: 606 + 587 no fx versions.
- Total content of 2.03 GB.
Analog Universe – Memories is available to purchase for $79.99 USD.
More information: Elemental Arts
Alesis has announced the 3632 Compressor, a dual-channel compressor, limiter, and gate unit.
The Alesis 3630 Compressor™ is the most popular dynamics processor ever made. Its successor, the 3632 Compressor, builds on the 3630’s popular design and features. The single rack-space unit provides two independent, fully featured compressor and limiter units with excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
3632 Compressor features
- Stereo compressor/expander/limiter/gate.
- Minimized signal path for optimal sound quality.
- Intelligent Knee for musical performance with soft and hard-knee envelopes.
- Intelligent Ratio adjusts expansion based on input signal.
- Intelligent Gain auto-adjusts output.
- Adjustable attack and release time.
- Couple switch for true stereo operation.
- Auto attack and release times based on signal analysis, plus full manual control.
- Couple Switch engages enables Channel One controls to affect both channels.
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop.
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum.
- Gain-reduction LEDs.
- Switchable input/output-level LED meters.
- Bypass switches on both channels.
The 3632 Compressor will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers in Q3 2011.
More information: Alesis / 3632 Compressor
Alesis has announced the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX, an eight-channel audio mixer with digital effects and a built-in high-resolution, multi-channel recording interface.
Musicians and engineers will find the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX to be designed for easy integration into computer-based recording environments. Whether they are mixing a band or sub-mixing a group of inputs such as a drumset, musicians will find the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX to be easy to use, rugged and feature-packed.
Users can employ the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX’s four XLR inputs with independent gain pots on channels one through four and switchable phantom power supply for condenser microphones. They can also use the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX’s eight 1/4-inch inputs for instruments, and pairs of RCA jacks for line-level audio sources. Guitar players will enjoy a guitar-direct input, enabling them to plug their instruments directly into the mixer for amp-free recording.
MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX features
- Eight-channel mixer with mic, line, and guitar-level inputs.
- 24-bit, 96 kHz 10×2 USB interface for single-cable recording and playback with your Mac or PC.
- XLR inputs with gain trim, switchable high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power.
- 1/4-inch line-level inputs for instruments and high-impedance guitar input for direct-connecting guitars.
- Powerful EQ: three-band with sweepable parametric mids on channels 1 and 2, three-band on 3 and 4, two-band on 5 – 8.
- Built-in DSP effects with footswitch bypass control and Aux buss for external processing.
- Multicolor LED metering for visual level feedback.
- Main and headphone outputs with independent level controls.
- Optional 16-bit depth and 44.1 or 48 kHz resolutions via USB.
- Includes Cubase LE software for tracking and editing on your Mac or PC.
The MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers in Q3 2011.
More information: Alesis / MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX
Alesis has announced the NanoVerb 2, a compact digital effects processor for musicians, sound engineers, recording artists and more.
The NanoVerb 2 is an audio DSP processor that features 256 musical effects algorithms in a compact, easy-to-use and affordable package. The NanoVerb 2’s large palette of options includes lush hall, plate and room reverbs, rich and true stereo chorus, flange, delay and rotary speaker emulation. In addition, the NanoVerb 2′s 52-bit DSP resolution ensures sonic quality that allows it to easily be used for any effects application from guitar rigs to studio recording.
The NanoVerb 2′s front-panel Mix knob allows blend adjustments until the effects are just right, while the Input and Output controls ensure proper gain staging for a wide variety of applications.
NanoVerb 2 features
- 16 programs, with 16 variations each, for a total of 256 presets.
- Analog wet/dry mix control.
- Adjustable input and output gains.
- Stereo inputs automatically switch to dual mono when signal is only present on the left jack.
- Minimized signal patch for optimal sound quality.
- Signal/clip LED control for easy visual monitoring.
- Rugged, compact design for years of reliable performance.
- Bypass control with footswitch, sold separately.
Alesis will unveil the NanoVerb 2 at the Frankfurt Musikmesse show, Hall 5.1 Stand #B45, from April 6-9 in Frankfurt, Germany. The NanoVerb 2 will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers in Q2 2011.
More information: Alesis / NanoVerb 2
MTBM.NET has released E|Drums 3.0, a new free drum sample library by Multiples.
We are proud to announce the third incarnation of our flagship drum series E|Drums, is now available to download fully for free.
Eclectic is the word for this pack as we have trawled through our collection of outboard gear as well as software effects to provide you with a cutting edge samplepack that will fit into any genre of music.
E|Drums 3.0 features
- Synthesised – Samples covering Kick, Snares and Hats created using MDrummer, KickMaker and Reaktor to synthesise the sounds.
- Alesis Performance Pad – This is the main output of the pack and the hardware the samples were built from. The Performance Pad was routed through a Line 6 POD and ModPro pedal to provide the phattest samples. They were then processed with Frohmage, Roughrider and Guitar Rig to create the most eclectic and weird sample set.
- Loops – These were all of the above samples rinsed through the Reaktor ensembles Massive and GoBox. Reaktor sample maps are also provided within the downloads to allow you to add them to your own devices in Reaktor.
- Note: for those who do not have access to Kontakt 4.2+, the patches included with this download use the Drum Computer script within Kontakt to create loops playable from c3-b3. All of these were sampled and added to the loop download.
E|Drums 3.0 is available as a free download.
More information: MTBM.NET / E|Drums 3.0