Amazing Noises has released Pulsor, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Max for Live.
It is essentially a monophonic synth that produces glitching/pulsing sounds and complex rhythmic soundscapes thanks to its odd circuitry.
It can also create evolving lead synth sounds, monophonic bass timbres and many other unexpected noises.
Pulsor is available for purchase for the introductory price of 15 EUR until July 20th, 2014 (regular 20 EUR).
More information: Amazing Noises / Pulsor
Amazing Noises has released GliderVerb, a free Max for Live device.
GliderVerb is a “reverberator with glissandos” simulating a room gradually changing its shape. It is an expanded version of an algorithm created by James McCartney for his Supercollider 2 programming language.
The original algorithm had no user-variable parameters: this device adds a series of parameters to create a wide palette of effects; from evolving reverberations to granular disintegration to smooth resonances.
GliderVerb is available to download at no charge. Requires Live 9 and Max for Live.
More information: Amazing Noises / GliderVerb
Amazing Noises has launched Dark Synth, an additive synthesizer for Ableton Live and Max for Live.
Dark Synth is an highly innovative new Max for Live synthesizer that marries the vast possibilities of additive synthesis with a super-intuitive interface.
As a great starting point for immersive sound-shaping, Dark Synth will introduce you to new horizons in sound design.
Dark Synth features
- Define a waveform of up to 2048 partials (sine waves) for its main (additive) oscillator, using presets waveforms, spectral processing algorithms and freehand drawing.
- Add up to 128 copies of the Additive oscillator, and each copy (generator) can be detuned and phase-shifted with respect to the others. This creates a sort of chorus which is very natural and deep, because it is not realized with modulated delay lines, but using an actual “choir” of generators.
- Sub oscillator which can play classical band limited waveforms, and also noise tones.
Dark Synth is available to purchase for 49 EUR. Requires Live 9.0.1 or higher and Max for Live.
More information: Amazing Noises / Dark Synth
Ableton has announced the release of Spectrum Effects, AutoBeat and RokVid, three new Max for Live devices.
Max for Live offers the promise of unlimited sonic – and visual – explorations, within the familiar framework of Ableton Live.
Released today, three new products deliver on that promise and then some – providing a shot of inspiration that can be subtle or extreme. Coming from expert Max for Live developers, these devices extend into existing areas of sound and vision that will likely be brand new for many users.
New Max for Live devices
- Spectrum Effects by Amazing Noises — Spectrum Effects includes two radical spectral processing devices capable of a range of effects. Warp and mangle your audio into mayhem, or add subtle harmonic touches – you decide which. In the studio and at the gig, Spectrum Effects adds an instant dynamic catalyst to your Live set.
- AutoBeat by K-Devices — Set the rules in AutoBeat and discover endless rhythmic rearrangement possibilities. AutoBeat integrates seamlessly with Drum Racks, and can also function as a flexible phrase creator for melodic instruments.
- RokVid by Adam Rokhsar — RokVid is a powerful video solution for live music performers. Designed with simplicity in mind, RokVid makes easy work of generating captivating video that dynamically reacts to your sound.
Spectrum Effects and AutoBeat are available to purchase for 29 EUR each, RokVid is 19 EUR.
More information: Ableton