Toontrack has announced the release of Metal Amps EZmix Pack, a new expansion library for the EZmix multi-effect mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This collection comes with 50 guitar and bass tones based on IRs and modeling of some of the most well known high gain amps and speaker cabinets of the past decades. All presets were custom-made by renowned engineer Jocke Skog and designed to cater to a broad use spanning all the fragmented genres in classic and modern metal.
“After having spent 20 years looking for the perfect guitar tone and recorded IRs for as long as I can remember, I have a pretty good idea where to start, what to avoid and what to look for. I am confident that anyone into thrash, death, black, djent or any type of metal in between will find several tones that sound absolutely right.”
The pack focuses primarily on rhythm guitar and bass tones. Each setting comes with a set of user-adjustable parameters, allowing you to add more or less of its unique characteristics to tweak and customize the preset into your own custom sound.
The EZmix pack is available to purchase for $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Amps EZmix Pack
Ignite Amps has launched NadIR, a convolver cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual Impulse Response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar & bass (pre)amplifiers (VST/AU or even hardware).
It has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being light on the CPU and easy to use, providing advanced built-in filters and delay controls to let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease, without the need to be professional audio engineers.
NadIR is meant to be used as a cabinet simulator for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Zero Latency.
- Low CPU usage.
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo.
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.185 seconds).
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates.
- High-quality analog shaped filters.
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs.
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs.
- Global input level and single IR level controls.
- Fully automatable controls.
NadIR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Ignite Amps / NadIR
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.25 of S-Gear, the collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
The really special thing about S-Gear is the amazing high quality of guitar amp tones achieved simply by plugging your guitar into a computer via an audio interface. S-Gear gives you a professional guitar sound without the expense and hassle. We are talking about the sound of a high quality tube amp, turned up loud, and mic’d up professionally in a suitable acoustic space. S-Gear’s four boutique designed amps, coupled with accurate convolution based speaker cabinet emulation, provide a massive range of guitar tones.
Changes in S-Gear v2.25
- AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in format for ProTools 10 and ProTools 11.
- ProTools 10 users must upgrade to version 10.3.6 or later.
- [v2.24] Fix problems with 32-bit S-Gear versions on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- [v2.24] Fix bug where IMPULSES UI minimises after importing a custom impulse response.
- [v2.24] Assert correct mouse gesture notifications when adjusting Wayfarer Graphic EQ slider.
- [v2.22] Fix problem where GUI loads incorrect settings under Sonar X2.
- [v2.22] Fix problem where bottom of plug-in window is cut-off under Ableton Live.
- [v2.22] Fix bug where IMPULSES UI minimises after importing a custom impulse response.
- [v2.22] Assert correct mouse gesture notification when adjusting Wayfarer Graphic EQ slider.
- [v2.21] Fix crash under Sonar X1.
- [v2.21] Fix crash under Tracktion 3 & 4.
- [v2.21] MIDI Controller settings configured in v2.1 now load correctly in v2.2.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD excl. tax.
More information: Scuffham Amps
Kuassa has released a Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Creme, a guitar amp simulation.
It features a digitally engineered head and matching cabinet with built-in overdrive sections, based on three legendary overdrive pedals, giving you full control of intense, dynamic, harmonically-rich distortion.
Kuassa Amplifikation Creme is a definite must-have addition for fans of the Amplifikation Vermilion. Distinguished by its darker, fuller, and heavier tone, akin to high-end high-gain tube guitar amplifiers, Creme’s three amp types and channels will bring you closer to the end of your search for the perfect tone.
Amplifikation Creme features
- Built-in overdrive section with 3 selectable types.
- 3 amp types: Sharp FMV, Full Midtone Baxandall, and Big Heavy.
- 3 selectable channels: Clean, Lead I, and Lead II with a fuller bottom-end.
- 5 types of 4×12 cabinets with 4 microphones.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- CV inputs for Global input-output, noise gate, FX, and amp.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
The Amplifikation Creme Rack Extension costs 32 EUR.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Creme