Kazrog has released version 4.0.1 of its Recabinet cabinet simulator and amp modeling effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This is a maintenance update that addresses CPU usage and other issues with the initial 4.0 release.
Additionally, there is a now a free demo of Recabinet 4, allowing users to try out the new features (including amp modeling) for an unlimited time (the demo restriction is short noise bursts every 15-20 seconds.)
Changes in Recabinet v4.0.1
- Maintenance update to address numerous issues with the initial release.
- Free demo of Recabinet 4 is available as of this version.
- CPU usage reduced by 15-20% in most hosts.
- Presence control issues have been fixed.
- Bypass toggles now conserve CPU when modules are bypassed.
- Odd noise burst issues have been resolved.
Recabinet for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Recabinet
Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in for Windows and Mac.
BIAS Desktop features the most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeler and designer engine, and it can accurately capture the tone of any tube amplifier, users can then share or download amp models from BIAS’s built-in ToneCloud® amp-sharing platform.
“Instead of providing a fixed number of amp models, BIAS Desktop represents an entire new concept on guitar sound: guitar players can now virtually design their own amps, using Amp Matching Technology to capture their golden tube amplifiers,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel, “and finally they can share or download thousands of amp models on ToneCloud, also we are currently working with worldwide artists and studios to expand this platform.”
The Amp Matching™ in BIAS Desktop utilizes a collection of underlying technologies that analyze and compare a currently designed BIAS amp model with the sound of any tube amp, the corresponding cabinet and microphone. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancement needed to make this current amp model accurately match the target amplifier. For the first time in history, guitar players are free to design, modify and capture the most unique and individual soul of tone, into the digital domain and keep it ready for studio recording applications.
Built-in with BIAS, ToneCloud allows guitar players to share their custom amp models and download over thousands custom BIAS amps created by other users — including signature recording artists. Guitar players can share and download not just customized amp models only, using Amp Matching, every possible amp tone ever created becomes available. Positive Grid is currently working with worldwide artists and engineers to create professional custom amp models and studio amp matched models to expand this platform.
BIAS Desktop features
- The most complete, accurate, and versatile amp modeling software available in the world.
- 36 HD amp models included with the introductory release.
- Amp Matching captures any miced amp or recorded track and creates a matched model.
- Share and download thousands of artist- and user-created and matched amp models on ToneCloud.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel; change the name, tolex, panel and knobs..
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers.
- Included noise gate and room simulator.
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick preset facility recalls each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap.
BIAS Desktop is available for purchase for $99 USD (includes all amp design modules and access to ToneCloud to download thousands of amp models). BIAS Professional is priced at $199 USD, and adds Amp Matching Technology, Exclusive Amp Matching Models on ToneCloud, and three Amp Design Expansion Packs (Glassy Pack, Crunch Pack and Insane Pack).
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS Desktop
Positive Grid has introduced All Access, All Amps, and All Effects, three new bundle packs for the popular JamUp guitar multi-effects app.
Now iOS guitarists and bass players can get the most out of the powerful mobile multi-effects processor at a greatly reduced price.
The All Access pack offers the opportunity to own everything inside JamUp, including 40 amps and 50 studio quality effects; All Amps and All Affects packs can also be purchased separately to add more gear to the arsenal.
JamUp Bundle Packs features
- All Access Pack – $49.99 USD
A vast range of amp and effect models, you can access to everything in JamUp, including 40 amps from acoustic simulation, clean, blues, crunch, boutique to metal, and 50 studio quality effects, plus the full 8-track recorder. Get the most out of the #1 guitar amp-and-effect app!
- All Amps Pack – $29.99
Access to all authentic amp models in JamUp. It’s packed with a world-class collection of guitar amps to inspire your playing. From vintage classics to modern powerhouses, each amp delivers incredible sonic depth, character and touch nuance.
- All Effects Pack – $29.99
Access to all effect models in JamUp. It features classic stompboxes, Positive Grid’s awesome modeling, and rare and eclectic studio effects, more effects will inspire your playing in endless new ways. Explore new song ideas and riffs using a broad collection of distortions, delays, mods, filters, reverbs and more.
The JamUp Bundle Packs are available as in-app purchase on the JamUp Store.
More information: Positive Grid
MeldaProduction has released MAmp and MRecorder, two new effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
MAmp is a great sounding vintage amp. Whether you are looking for a soft saturation to enhance the harmonic content or a great sounding creative distortion, MAmp is the perfect tool for the job.
MRecorder is a simple free utility, which saves incoming input as WAV file.
- The most advanced user interface on the market – stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated.
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs.
- 2 exceptionally versatile modulators.
- Adjustable oscillator shape technology.
- 2 multiparameters.
- Tube saturation.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing…
- Smart randomization.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC).
- Safety limiter.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE/SSE2/SSE3 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- No dongle nor internet access is required for activation.
- Free-for-life updates.
MAmp is available for the introductory price of 19 EUR (regular 39 EUR).
MeldaProduction has also updated all its effect plug-ins to version 8.06, a big update providing several new features, performance and workflow improvements, fixes and more.
More information: MeldaProduction
TSE Audio has released version 2.3 of TSE X50, an amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The X50 is a digital emulation of a famous US guitar amp. Because two almost similar amps were made both red channels are modeled. The green channel is modeled after the first amp.
Changes in TSE X50 v2.0
- New plugin that will be expandable with future enhancements, such as amps, pedals, rack units, etc.
- Redesigned user interface for better workflow.
- Customizable and completely redesigned pedal board.
- Added a new IR pack from Kalthallen Cabs.
- Completely new and redesigned Dual IR loader with EQ filters.
- New customizable fx rack.
- Mac is now supported in 32-bit as well.
- 32/64-bit AU/VST support (AAX later this fall).
- Overall better CPU efficiency.
- Improved X50 modeling further.
- Every processing stage is bypassable.
- Input learn function can target passive pickups.
The plug-in is available for purchase for 29.99 EUR. The v2.3 update is a free upgrade for all 2.0/2.0.1 registered users.
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50
More posts that match this tag
Kazrog has announced Recabinet 4, the upcoming new version of the speaker cabinet simulation plugin, which will feature Thermionik. Nearly 4 years after revolutionizing the world of speaker cabinet simulation with Recabinet 3, the innovation … read more
KVR Audio has announced that the Multiply chorus effect plug-in by Acon Digital has won the Developer Challenge 2014. In first place is Acon Digital with their chorus effect plugin, Multiply, an Audio Unit, VST … read more
Outbound link: KVR Developer Challenge 2014
– Related: Acon Digital
, Bernie Maier
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Ignite Amps
, Rhythmic Robot
Posted in news
on Aug 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Shattered Glass Audio has announced Ace, a free tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Ace is a faithful digital emulation of a legendary 1950s, American, all tube, tweed, 5W amp. We have added … read more
Kuassa has announced the launch of Cerberus Bass Amplifikation, a bass amp Rack Extension for Reason. Cerberus Bass Amplifikation is a three-channel bass amplifier Rack Extension/Plug-in that will deliver thundering lows straight from your computer. … read more
Peavey has announced the release of ReValver 4, an amp modeling software for Windows and Mac. Redesigned from the ground up, ReValver 4 contains amp modeling capabilities that capture the characteristics of real tube amplifiers. … read more
VST Buzz has launched a limited time deal, offering a 40% discount on the Amp Modeler Pro guitar amp modeling plug-in from Studio Devil. Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro is the ultimate guitar amp modeling … read more
Outbound link: VST Buzz
– Related: amp
, Studio Devil
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Aug 13, 2014 - 0 comments
AXP has released Flextron, a virtual-analog guitar amp effect plug-in for Windows, made for the KVR Audio Developer Challenge 2014. It’s based on a concept of the hybrid guitar distortion pedal I’ve built for myself … read more
Ignite Amps has launched Emissary, a custom tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Front and back It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, built for Ryan Huthnance (The Seer/Gaped/Chrome … read more
Positive Grid has launched a Summer Sale, offering up to 75% off the JamUp multi-effects and BIAS amp designer apps. A vast array of popular guitar stompboxes and effects, as well as vintage and modern … read more
Acoustic Amplification has introduced its upcoming Model A20 Acoustic Instrument Amplifier. More than just a guitar amp, the Acoustic A20 is a complete performance solution for today’s versatile acoustic-electric musician. Its full-range 8-inch studio-quality coaxial … read more
Audio Assault has released version 1.55 of GrindMachine, a metal tone effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. No need to tweak, just plug Grind Machine into your track and enjoy instant mix ready tones that … read more
Outbound link: Audio Assault
– Related: AAX
, Audio Assault
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jul 29, 2014 - 0 comments
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.4 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac. S-Gear 2.4 includes the new Custom ’57 amp, an updated ProConvolver offering new cabinet … read more
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad. Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app. Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp … read more
db audioware has released version 1.1 of its Flying Haggis Guitar Amp app for iPad. Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense … read more
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android. Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any … read more