MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Balanced Audio Technology has announced it will celebrate its 20th anniversary at CES 2015 with the introduction of four new products: the VK-23SE and VK-43SE solid-state stereo preamplifiers and the VK-225 and VK-225SE solid-state stereo power amplifiers.
We cordially invite you to experience BAT’s refreshing approach to audio design and 20 years of audio engineering expertise at The Venetian during show hours at the show, taking place January 6-9 in Las Vegas.
The VK-23SE preamplifier, like all BAT preamps, features fully balanced circuit topology throughout. The VK-23SE utilizes BAT’s exclusive Unistage™ single-gain-stage, zero-feedback design, the shortest possible signal path and more to achieve superb resolution and musical accuracy. (SRP: $4,995.)
The VK-43SE is the company’s new top of the line solid-state preamplifier. It is a dual-monaural design and incorporates BAT’s Unistage zero-feedback topology and many additional refinements for extraordinary musical realism. The VK-43SE’s massive power supply delivers extremely wide dynamic capability (SRP: $8,995).
The BAT VK-225 amplifier uses a discrete bipolar output transistor design to provide exceptional clarity and dynamic authority. It delivers 150 watts per channel power output into 8 ohms, and features audiophile-grade components throughout, the shortest-possible signal paths with zero negative feedback and other attributes for superlative sound (SRP: $4,995). The VK-225SE amplifier (SRP: $6,495) adds BAT’s SUPER-PAK power supply circuit with greatly increased energy storage capacity, to convey music with effortless dynamic authority, nuance and realism.
At CES 2015, BAT is also showcasing its flagship REX II vacuum-tube stereo preamplifier and power amplifier and a host of its ultimate-performance audio components in a complete audio system featuring the AVID HiFi Diva II SP, Sequel SP and Acutus Reference SP turntables, Solidsteel’s new S3 and S5 entertainment racks and more.
The new Balanced Audio Technology components can be heard at The Venetian, Las Vegas, NV, Suite 29-122, during show hours: Tuesday, January 6th – Friday, January 9th. You may also schedule an appointment to visit the room. Geoff Poor, Director of Sales for Balanced Audio Technology; Steve Shade, Director of International Sales; and other key people will be on hand to give you the news about Balanced Audio Technology’s latest components.
More information: Balanced Audio Technology
Voxengo has announced the release of version 2.0 of Boogex, a free guitar amplifier and cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Boogex is a guitar amplifier plug-in with a variety of sound shaping features for professional music production applications. With Boogex it is possible to get a heavy distorted sound as well as slight “jazzy” saturation sound. Boogex is also able to apply any speaker cabinet impulse response (selection of built-in impulses is available).
The processing latency is close to zero making it possible to use Boogex for real-time guitar processing. Boogex also includes reverberation module derived from Voxengo OldSkoolVerb reverb.
Boogex now supports most user interface features latest Voxengo plugins offer, including undo/redo history, preset manager, user interface coloration and others. Most importantly, this updated version 2.0 features an improved guitar amplification algorithm which provides a set of processing modes.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Voxengo / Boogex
Positive Grid has released version 1.5.7 of its BIAS Desktop amp designer, modeler and processor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Now we bring BIAS to the next level – BIAS Desktop with Amp Match! Now some of the best and most requested artists amp tones are available as a free download for all BIAS Desktop users.
Positive Grid updated today the recently launched guitar amp plug-in with amp matched presets personally created and engineered by artists such as Mark Holcomb from Periphery, Ola Englund, Rusty Cooley, and other professional recording artists. All these presets we created using the same amp, cab, and mic configuration as they use in the studio for album recordings.
The update also fixes an amp selection menu freeze issue and includes other minor improvements.
BIAS for Windows and Mac is currently available for purchase for $4.99 USD (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Kemper Amps has announced the release of the free Ace of Skunk Anansie signature Rig Pack, featuring all the glorious amp tones known from Ace with Skunk Anansie from the very beginning to today.
The two day profiling session took place during summer 2014 at SX Studios north of London. All of Ace’s amps were profiled with their original sound settings and numerous variations with two cabinets utilising Delta Sontronics, Shure SM 57 and Royer 121 microphones.
The team paid extra attention to the refining process to make sure that every nuance of the sound was captured to definitely match the sound, the dynamics and playing of the original amps.
The rig pack features 26 studio profiles as well as 4 direct profiles for the use of The Profiler with standard guitar cabinets.
The Ace of Sunk Anansie Rig Pack is available to download free of charge.
More information: Kemper Amps
More posts that match this tag
Positive Grid has announced that starting on November 25th and culminating on Black Friday weekend, all JamUp, BIAS, and Final Touch will be available on sale to celebrate this Holiday Season. JAMUP and BIAS Only … read more
Kazrog has released version 4.0.1 of its Recabinet cabinet simulator and amp modeling effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. This is a maintenance update that addresses CPU usage and other issues with the initial 4.0 … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in … read more
Positive Grid has introduced All Access, All Amps, and All Effects, three new bundle packs for the popular JamUp guitar multi-effects app. Now iOS guitarists and bass players can get the most out of the … read more
MeldaProduction has released MAmp and MRecorder, two new effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. MAmp is a great sounding vintage amp. Whether you are looking for a soft saturation to enhance the harmonic content or … read more
TSE Audio has released version 2.3 of TSE X50, an amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. The X50 is a digital emulation of a famous US guitar amp. Because two almost similar amps were … read more
Kazrog has announced Recabinet 4, the upcoming new version of the speaker cabinet simulation plugin, which will feature Thermionik. Nearly 4 years after revolutionizing the world of speaker cabinet simulation with Recabinet 3, the innovation … read more
KVR Audio has announced that the Multiply chorus effect plug-in by Acon Digital has won the Developer Challenge 2014. In first place is Acon Digital with their chorus effect plugin, Multiply, an Audio Unit, VST … read more
Outbound link: KVR Developer Challenge 2014
– Related: Acon Digital
, Bernie Maier
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Ignite Amps
, Rhythmic Robot
Posted in news
on Aug 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Shattered Glass Audio has announced Ace, a free tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Ace is a faithful digital emulation of a legendary 1950s, American, all tube, tweed, 5W amp. We have added … read more
Kuassa has announced the launch of Cerberus Bass Amplifikation, a bass amp Rack Extension for Reason. Cerberus Bass Amplifikation is a three-channel bass amplifier Rack Extension/Plug-in that will deliver thundering lows straight from your computer. … read more
Peavey has announced the release of ReValver 4, an amp modeling software for Windows and Mac. Redesigned from the ground up, ReValver 4 contains amp modeling capabilities that capture the characteristics of real tube amplifiers. … read more
VST Buzz has launched a limited time deal, offering a 40% discount on the Amp Modeler Pro guitar amp modeling plug-in from Studio Devil. Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro is the ultimate guitar amp modeling … read more
Outbound link: VST Buzz
– Related: amp
, Studio Devil
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Aug 13, 2014 - 0 comments
AXP has released Flextron, a virtual-analog guitar amp effect plug-in for Windows, made for the KVR Audio Developer Challenge 2014. It’s based on a concept of the hybrid guitar distortion pedal I’ve built for myself … read more
Ignite Amps has launched Emissary, a custom tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Front and back It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, built for Ryan Huthnance (The Seer/Gaped/Chrome … read more
Positive Grid has launched a Summer Sale, offering up to 75% off the JamUp multi-effects and BIAS amp designer apps. A vast array of popular guitar stompboxes and effects, as well as vintage and modern … read more