Positive Grid has announced the launch of its Custom Amp Competition, a chance to win an iPad Air.
Positive Grid announces the first amp creation competition as a celebration of their over 1 million ToneCloud views for its BIAS amp designer app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Simply by submitting a short video demoing your custom BIAS amp between March 18 and April 18 you can win an iPad Air + $25 iTunes Cards!
Positive Grid will select the best tones and will pick one winner for the iPad Air and four winners for the iTunes Gift Cards. Winners will be announced on April 23rd on Positive Grid’s Facebook wall.
More information: Positive Grid / Custom Amp Competition
db audioware has announced the release of Flying Haggis for iOS, the distinctive guitar amp for discerning guitarists.
Simply plug in your guitar via any iOS compatible interface (eg IK Multimedia iRig, Apogee Jam) and start playing. Or, connect via Audiobus for additional multi-fx possibilities!
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Flying Haggis for iOS is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
Audio Assault has announced a 64-bit version of the GrindMachine guitar amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, featuring 10 realistic high gain amps and 20 dynamically modeled cabs.
So I have finished porting my plugin to 64x and Improved the 32bit version as well (AU version coming real soon!)
Changes in GrindMachine
- Improved Modelling Algorithms.
- Lower CPU Usage (700%).
- New Interface.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST), priced at $29.99 USD. A free version with 1 German amp and 3 cabinets can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: Audio Assault
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014 - 0 comments
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
Audio Assault has introduced GrindMachine, an upcoming guitar amp effect plugin.
GrindMachine, The most agressive guitar amplifier to date!
GrindMachine includes 10 ultra realistic, ultra high gain amplifiers and 20 Dynamically modeled speaker cabinets. 11 amps with the included clean amp!
No pedals or other boosters needed, no post processing just plug GrindMachine into your FX Slot and enjoy pure high gain tones that easily fit into any mix.
GrindMachine can also load your favourite speaker cabinet impulses but trust us, you’ll find keep going back to the dynamic cabs.
GrindMachine will be available soon. 64-bit VST, RTAS, and AU are in development.
Grindmachine Free for Windows (32-bit VST) is available to download now. This free download includes 1 German amp model and 3 cabinets.
More information: Audio Assault
Positive Grid has released version 1.1.0 of BIAS, introducing the ToneCloud sharing platform that allows BIAS users to interact with each other and share their custom amps.
The recently released BIAS (#1 paid music app in 118 countries) brought a whole new level of tone customization to guitar and bass players through a game changing, intuitive amp modeling and designer app. Today, Positive Grid added an new feature to raise the bar again: ToneCloud – the world’s first custom amp sharing platform.
“ToneCloud is an amp sharing platform with all the amp models you can imagine,” notes Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid. “The ToneShare in JamUp allows musicians to create, share, and download user and artist presets. With ToneCloud, musicians can now explore and get inspired by the whole world’s custom amp models in just seconds. The possibilities are infinite.”
ToneCloud is a sharing platform that allows BIAS users to interact with each other and share their custom amps right inside BIAS. Users can now explore popular and latest custom amp models, and can further search by music genres or keywords. Also, sharing is more intuitive than ever: an upload button is always visible in BIAS no matter in what stage of the amp creation process, this makes sharing much easier and faster.
With ToneCloud, BIAS users will be part of a tone community with social utilities that allow them not only to create and share custom amps, but also interact with other musicians. With ToneCloud, BIAS will deliver much more than 36 amp models: it has the whole world of tone, on the cloud.
- Explore and get inspired by the world’s first custom amp sharing platform.
- Find popular and latest custom amp models, and search by genre or keywords.
- “Preview,” “Like,” “Comment,” and “Download” artists and users custom amps.
- Log in with Facebook for quick access.
BIAS for iOS is currently available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Toontrack has announced the release of Metal Amps EZmix Pack, a new expansion library for the EZmix multi-effect mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This collection comes with 50 guitar and bass tones based on IRs and modeling of some of the most well known high gain amps and speaker cabinets of the past decades. All presets were custom-made by renowned engineer Jocke Skog and designed to cater to a broad use spanning all the fragmented genres in classic and modern metal.
“After having spent 20 years looking for the perfect guitar tone and recorded IRs for as long as I can remember, I have a pretty good idea where to start, what to avoid and what to look for. I am confident that anyone into thrash, death, black, djent or any type of metal in between will find several tones that sound absolutely right.”
The pack focuses primarily on rhythm guitar and bass tones. Each setting comes with a set of user-adjustable parameters, allowing you to add more or less of its unique characteristics to tweak and customize the preset into your own custom sound.
The EZmix pack is available to purchase for $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Amps EZmix Pack