IK Multimedia has announced the newest release of AmpliTube Custom Shop for Windows and Mac, including top models from the innovative high-gain German amplifier manufacturer ENGL.
These new models give metal and classic to modern hard rock players new high-end power tools to perfectly sculpt their tones in their DAW.
ENGL models in AmpliTube Custom Shop
- ENGL E650 – The E650 all-tube amp head is an ENGL signature model that brings an incredible range of rhythm and high-gain lead tones from a dual mode amp. It delivers a vast array of tones from sparkling clean to bone-crunching distortion, and everything in between thanks to its two switchable channels with different gain ranges, a shared EQ section and a separate contour button and bright switches for fine-tuning the midrange and top-end response. The ENGL E650 conjures up classic rock-god tones from the 80s and 90s as well as heavy crunch and distortion for tomorrow’s tone connoisseurs.
- ENGL Powerball – The ENGL Powerball model is based on one of the most powerful modern high-gain amplifiers. It is highly regarded for heavy rhythm tones and its many sound-sculpting options. The Powerball model has two main channels, and then each channel has two different modes. Channel I offers “Clean” and “Crunch,” and Channel II has “Low Lead” and “High Lead.” It has the power and flexibility to create everything from modern super high-gain leads to heavy crunch rhythms to ultra-clear clean tones.
- ENGL Cabinets – The new AmpliTube CS release also features two matched ENGL speaker cabinets: the E412 Standard and the E412 Pro XXL. These perfect companion cabinets are capable of rendering the complex harmonic structure, razor sharp attack and massive low end thump of the amplifiers at their best, without losing anything in the midrange frequencies.
The new ENGL models are available in the AmpliTube Custom Shop to users of AmpliTube version 3.12, which is also a free update for current AmpliTube owners. The gear models in the Custom Shop are sold using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 30 credits each.
More information: IK Multimedia
Lars Rüetschi aka TheSessionGuitarist has announced the release of Grooving Tubing, a new tube guitar amp library featuring 17 programs for Acustica Audio’s Nebula.
This virtual amp doesn’t feel and sound like playing just an amp simulation. It feels and sounds like playing through a real amp reacting on your dynamic playing. Close your eyes and you feel the air between the microphones and your cabinet!
The amp was sampled with high quality Sommer Cables, the king of amp recording microphones: The Sennheiser e906 and the full and rich sounding Audio Technica 4050 as a spot microphone. Each of them sounds fantastic on its own. Copy your guitar track, mix and pan the 2 microphones and you’ll have a full, wide stereo guitar sound, larger than life!
Grooving Tubing is available for the introductory price of $24.90 USD until April 23rd, 2014 (regular $29.90 USD).
More information: TheSessionGuitarist / Grooving Tubing
Audiffex has released version 2.1.0 of its GK Amplification amp and speaker effect plug-in, which now includes 64-bit versions and VST3 and AAX support.
GK Amplification plug-in includes exact models of Gallien-Krueger amps and speakers. All the functions of the original amps (Bi-Amp, filters) are available. All controls do the same as their hardware counterparts.
Changes in GK Amplification v2.1.0
- 64-bit plug-in versions added.
- VST3 and AAX plug-in formats added.
- User presets handling improved for better portability.
- GUI functionality improved.
- Standalone version is completely rewritten and includes metronome, recorder and advanced audio file player.
The new versions are available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / GK Amplification
Toontrack has announced the release of the Classic Amps EZmix Pack, an expansion pack for the EZmix 2 multi-effect mix tool.
The Classic Amps EZmix Pack presents 50 complete signal chain presets including amps, stomp boxes, speakers and various effects. The speakers were modeled using custom impulse responses, capturing the essence of several premium vintage cabinets and combos. The settings express a wide variety and cover anything from clean and muffled rhythm sounds to rich and saturated leads.
“We wanted to model the most influential amps of the past 50 years and put together a collection of tones that could work for any kind of guitar oriented music. We ended up with settings spanning anything from blues to British Invasion, punk, grunge and pop”, says Toontrack sound designer Ulf Edlund.
This collection is a testament and homage to the amps that managed to survive and seep through several decades of musical progression. The inspiration to your next riff is just a mouse-click away. Make sure it sounds great – add some of that warm tube sizzle, subtle speaker rattle or warm fuzz to it!
Some say the tone is in your fingers. We beg to differ.
The pack is available for purchase for $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Classic Amps EZmix Pack
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Orange for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Officially licensed and developed in close partnership with Orange Amplification, the new AmpliTube Orange for iPad and for iPhone/iPhone Touch is a real time mobile Orange Amplifier and effects studio featuring digital models of 5 classic and modern Orange guitar amplifiers and one Orange bass amplifier.
Each amp and cab model has been meticulously recreated in both looks and sound to deliver spot-on Orange tone any time, everywhere.
AmpliTube Orange for iOS features
- Real-time Orange amp and effects guitar/bass suite.
- 5 Classic and modern officially certified Orange guitar amps: OR50, Rockerverb 50, Thunderverb 200, Tiny Terror, AD 30, AD 200 MK 3 Bass Amp.
- Matching speaker cabinet models can be mixed & matched.
- Selectable speaker mic choices: passive & condenser.
- 4 Stomps: Echo Trip delay, Highway Drive overdrive, Shaker tremolo, Noise filter.
- Built-in tuner, metronome.
- 4 (iPad)/3 (iPhone) slots for daisy chained stompbox effects.
- Single track recorder included (expandable to 8 (iPad)/4 (iPhone) tracks with bounce feature, master effects via in-app purchase).
- Song section for importing device library music and play-along.
- MIDI controllable via iRig PRO or iRig MIDI.
- Create and save presets.
- Works with all IK Multimedia mobile interfaces like iRig PRO, iRig HD or iRig Stomp.
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPad/iPhone.
- Full production music suite for your iPad.
- Designed and engineered in Italy.
AmpliTube Orange for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch is available for purchase for $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR each. The 4–Track recorder and 8-Track recorder with master effects section are an in-app purchase for $9.99 USD/8.99 EUR and $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR respectively.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Orange for iPad
Audio Assault has updated its GrindMachine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.2, which includes the release of RTAS/AU/VST/VST3 versions for Mac OS X.
Grind Machine is the ultimate metal tone monster. No need to tweak, just plug Grind Machine into your track and enjoy instant mix ready tones that cut through your mix effortlessly.
Changes in GrindMachine v1.2
- GUI overhaul.
- Noise gate.
- DJENT pedal.
- 2 new amps.
- Multiplatform plugin formats.
The plug-in is available to purchase for $29.99 USD. A free version is also available.
More information: Audio Assault / GrindMachine
AXP has released SoftAmp FM25, a free virtual-analog model of the Fender Frontman 25R solid-state combo amp.
The Frontman is a versatile solid-state practice amplifier for electric guitar. It’s equipped with 10″ speaker, has 2 channels that share a 3-band equalizer, and a spring reverb. The current issue sports a classic “Blackface” look.
“Huh, a solid state Fender practice amp model. Now that is an interesting choice” – was the initial response from one of the beta testers. The reason for that choice is simple: Frontman 25R was the first guitar amp I’ve ever owned. To my best knowledge its digital model did not exist, so I decided to fill the gap. And after all, who needs yet another incarnation of say, JCM800? :)
This VST model is a tribute to the original design and faithfully models all its essential features. It is mainly intended for quick and simple recording of draft tracks as well as for some live jamming whenever you don’t feel like setting up a more sophisticated amp simulator.
The SoftAmp FM25 effect plug-in is available to download as a VST plug-in for 32- and 64-bit Windows.
More information: AXP / SoftAmp FM25