Ignite Amps has launched NadIR, a convolver cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual Impulse Response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar & bass (pre)amplifiers (VST/AU or even hardware).
It has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being light on the CPU and easy to use, providing advanced built-in filters and delay controls to let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease, without the need to be professional audio engineers.
NadIR is meant to be used as a cabinet simulator for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Zero Latency.
- Low CPU usage.
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo.
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.185 seconds).
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates.
- High-quality analog shaped filters.
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs.
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs.
- Global input level and single IR level controls.
- Fully automatable controls.
NadIR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Ignite Amps / NadIR
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.25 of S-Gear, the collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
The really special thing about S-Gear is the amazing high quality of guitar amp tones achieved simply by plugging your guitar into a computer via an audio interface. S-Gear gives you a professional guitar sound without the expense and hassle. We are talking about the sound of a high quality tube amp, turned up loud, and mic’d up professionally in a suitable acoustic space. S-Gear’s four boutique designed amps, coupled with accurate convolution based speaker cabinet emulation, provide a massive range of guitar tones.
Changes in S-Gear v2.25
- AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in format for ProTools 10 and ProTools 11.
- ProTools 10 users must upgrade to version 10.3.6 or later.
- [v2.24] Fix problems with 32-bit S-Gear versions on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- [v2.24] Fix bug where IMPULSES UI minimises after importing a custom impulse response.
- [v2.24] Assert correct mouse gesture notifications when adjusting Wayfarer Graphic EQ slider.
- [v2.22] Fix problem where GUI loads incorrect settings under Sonar X2.
- [v2.22] Fix problem where bottom of plug-in window is cut-off under Ableton Live.
- [v2.22] Fix bug where IMPULSES UI minimises after importing a custom impulse response.
- [v2.22] Assert correct mouse gesture notification when adjusting Wayfarer Graphic EQ slider.
- [v2.21] Fix crash under Sonar X1.
- [v2.21] Fix crash under Tracktion 3 & 4.
- [v2.21] MIDI Controller settings configured in v2.1 now load correctly in v2.2.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD excl. tax.
More information: Scuffham Amps
Kuassa has released a Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Creme, a guitar amp simulation.
It features a digitally engineered head and matching cabinet with built-in overdrive sections, based on three legendary overdrive pedals, giving you full control of intense, dynamic, harmonically-rich distortion.
Kuassa Amplifikation Creme is a definite must-have addition for fans of the Amplifikation Vermilion. Distinguished by its darker, fuller, and heavier tone, akin to high-end high-gain tube guitar amplifiers, Creme’s three amp types and channels will bring you closer to the end of your search for the perfect tone.
Amplifikation Creme features
- Built-in overdrive section with 3 selectable types.
- 3 amp types: Sharp FMV, Full Midtone Baxandall, and Big Heavy.
- 3 selectable channels: Clean, Lead I, and Lead II with a fuller bottom-end.
- 5 types of 4×12 cabinets with 4 microphones.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- CV inputs for Global input-output, noise gate, FX, and amp.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
The Amplifikation Creme Rack Extension costs 32 EUR.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Creme
Aegean Music has released version 1.2 of Amp Vision, a guitar amp modeling and effects suite effect plug-in for Windows.
Amp Vision represents a new concept in guitar tone customization providing realistic amplifier simulation, effects, cab sims, preset management, and a user friendly interface. Handle all your guitar processing in one package. It works with any VST compatible application.
Version 1.2 of Amp Vision includes the new Rackham amp model.
Changes in Amp Vision v1.2
- Now available in 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins.
- Tone stack simulation and many other amp adjustments and improvements.
- New Rackham amplifier model.
- Setting for full stereo processing.
- Automation of controls with MIDI or VST parameters.
Amp Vision for Windows (VST) is on sale for $28 USD.
More information: Aegean Music / Amp Vision
Lostin70s has updated the JAMP MK1 virtual guitar amp effect for Windows to version 1.3.
JAMP is a new versatile VST amp based on real tube emulation.
Changes in JAMP v1.3
- New convolution engine for spring reverb (2x less CPU).
- Works at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
- Available in 64-bit and 32-bit.
- Available with and without GUI.
- New GUI.
JAMP is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: Lostin70s / JAMP
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.2 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects implemented in software for Windows and Mac.
As well as the new Wayfarer amp, this release also brings loads of other improvements and several bug fixes.
The new Wayfarer amp is easily the most versatile amp we have designed to date. It feels like having a selection of vintage Brown and Blackface Fenders, along with a MK series Boogie all rolled into the same easy to drive amp. We hope you have a lot of fun getting to know this amp, and hopefully it might inspire some new music too.
Changes in S-Gear v2.2
- Wayfarer Amp.
- Tap and Tempo Sync in DelayThing.
- Two Amp configurations per preset.
- Improved Noise Gate.
- Phase switch on Convolver channels.
- CPU utilisation improvements (approximately 10% reduction for amps).
- Various UI improvements.
- Various bug fixes (listed in release history).
S-Gear is available to purchase for $99 USD ex. VAT.
More information: Scuffham Amps / S-Gear
Lostin70s has released version 1.2 of JAMP MK1, a free guitar amp effect plug-in for Windows.
JAMP MK1 is designed to be a versatile VST guitar amp based on real tube emulation.
JAMP MK1 features
- 4 channels: clean, crunch (light), overdrive, distortion.
- Pre gain (overdrive) to adjust the amount of drive.
- 1 Stack equalizer.
- 2 included spring reverb models with adjustable reverb level.
- 5 cabinets emulations. Cabinet simulation can be turned off.
JAMP MK1 for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Lostin70s / JAMP MK1