Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope
IK Multimedia has released version 2.2 of its ARC advanced room correction system, adding 64 bit AAX compatibility.
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution The latest update to ARC System 2 adds AAX 64-bit compatibilty with Avid Pro Tools 11.
Please note: For compatibilty reasons, this is a mandatory update for T-RackS 4.5 users. ARC 2.2 is the only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.
ARC System 2 is available to purchase for 249.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / ARC System 2
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, loudness war
Posted in news
on Feb 26, 2014 - 0 comments
MeterPlugs has announced that its audio plugins are now compatible with Pro Tools. The plugins, K-Meter and LCAST Loudness Meter, were previously available in Audio Unit and VST 2.4 formats for Mac and Windows. Now users can download AAX versions of the plugins for use with Pro Tools 10.3.6 or greater. The update is free for existing users.
K-Meter and LCAST help you take loudness and true-peak measurements. K-Meter is built around Bob Katz’s K-System, an integrated metering and monitoring system that helps you target commonly used loudness levels in a variety of genres. It stands in opposition to the hyper-compressed recordings of the loudness wars era. Instead of focusing on maximizing peak levels, K-Meter places emphasis on dynamic range and sensible loudness levels.
LCAST helps you ensure that your audio is broadcast-ready. It is aimed at content creators who need to comply with precise loudness and peak level requirements. It includes presets for North American broadcasters (ATSC A/85), European broadcasters (EBU R128) and more. LCAST features a graphical history view of integrated, short-term and momentary loudness levels. You can pan and zoom the view to isolate areas of interest and make comparisons.
Both plugins are available for Mac and Windows in 32/64-bit Audio Unit, VST 2.4 and AAX formats. K-Meter costs $49 USD, LCAST Stereo is $199 USD and LCAST Surround is $399 USD.
More information: MeterPlugs
TC Electronic has announced that RTW’s LQL (Loudness Quality Logger) is also compatible with the TC Electronic TM7 and TM9 TouchMonitors.
LQL is a new tool for logging, true-peak data analysis and reporting, which is a natural extension of the innovative software options available for TouchMonitor.
LQL enables data to be derived directly via an IP-connection from a capable TouchMonitor, as well as from external storage media such as a USB stick. Also included in the software are dual limit weighting, status information, marker and various other reporting features. The new PC software is free of charge, however an LQL license is required to enable TouchMonitors to support data export and additional display functions.
TM7 and TM9 TouchMonitors feature a 7- and 9-inch touch-sensitive display, respectively, and provide unparalleled flexibility and modularity, combined with intuitive control. The software visualizes multiple sources simultaneously. Both support displaying the same signal on multiple instruments in parallel, each with dedicated defaults with both horizontal and vertical operation. TM7 visualizes up to 40 sources at the same time, while the TM9 visualizes up to 48.
Various audio interfaces and combinations are available i.e. analog, AES3, AES3id or 3G-SDI. TC Electronic’s TouchMonitor range was created to help adhere to all major industry loudness standards, including EBU R128, ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85 and ARIB.
The TouchMonitor LQL Loudness Quality Logger for Windows is now available to download from TC Electronic.
More information: TC Electronic / Loudness Logging
Waves has launched WLM Plus Loudness Meter, a plugin that provides precision loudness measurement, metering, correction and adjustment tools for broadcast, movie trailers, games, packaged media and more.
Fully compliant with all current ITU, EBU and ATSC specifications, the WLM Plus offers comprehensive Momentary, Short Term, Long Term and True Peak readouts, as well as a unique warning and logging system that keeps track of your levels, alerting you when you’ve exceeded them – or fallen short.
WLM Plus also features Gain and Trim controls for correction of loudness levels and a True Peak Limiter, which save you the need to utilize additional equipment or software. Ideal for content creators, post production houses and cable head-end facilities, WLM Plus is an affordable, all-in-one cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering software solution.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter features
- ITU 1770-3, EBU and ATSC compliant.
- Foreground, dialog, and average loudness measurements.
- Momentary, Short Term and Long Term readouts.
- Gain and Trim controls for loudness normalization and correction.
- True Peak meter and True Peak limiter.
- Mono, stereo, and 5.0, 5.1 components.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter is available to purchase for $400 USD (Native) / $600 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / WLM Plus Loudness Meter
The Sonic Visualiser application for viewing and analysing the contents of music audio files, has been updated to version 2.3.
The aim of Sonic Visualiser is to be the first program you reach for when want to study a musical recording rather than simply listen to it.
We hope Sonic Visualiser will be of particular interest to musicologists, archivists, signal-processing researchers and anyone else looking for a friendly way to take a look at what lies inside the audio file.
Changes in Sonic Visualiser v2.3
- Add a startup welcome dialog that also explains what SV makes network connections for and allows user to forbid them.
- Add “Export Audio Data” feature.
- Show piano keyboard scale in note and time-value layers as well as spectrogram, where vertical scale is log Hz; also show numerical scale in note and region layers when not auto-aligned.
- Speed up CSV file import and avoid showing crazily wide window for CSV file format dialog when file has lots of columns.
- Fix incorrectly saved window geometry when exiting from maximised state.
- Reduce number of timer wakeups when idle.
- Add American English translation and make choice of translation into a preference (defaulting to system locale).
- Permit installation to non-default location with Windows installer build.
Sonic Visualiser is available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
More information: Sonic Visualiser
Voxengo has announced version 1.1 of SPAN Plus, its real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
Changes in SPAN Plus v1.1
- The number of “Import From” slots increased to 5.
- “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options added.
- 1/9 and 1/12 octave smoothing options added.
- 65536 block size option added.
- Increased “smoothed” graph drawing precision.
- Increased overall spectrum drawing precision.
SPAN Plus is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / SPAN Plus