Zplane.development has announced the release of version 3.1.2 of its PPMulator cross-platform peak & loudness metering plug-in for digital audio workstations.
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
The plug-in is available in two versions: PPMulator+ and PPMulatorXL; the latter offers additional features such as EBU R128 loudness metering and batch audio file processing.
Changes in PPMulator v3.1.2
- Support for AAX Native (32/64 bit) on Windows and Mac.
- Support for ATSC/A85 (only PPMXL).
- Support for larger files (> 2GB).
- Improved resampling.
PPMulator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/Standalone) is available to purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulater XL). The update is free for all registered users.
More information: Zplane / PPMulator
, analyser and monitor
, compressor and limiter
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013
iZotope has announced updates for its Insight metering suite for post production and broadcast applications, the Ozone 5 complete mastering system, and the Trash 2 effect plug-in for audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation.
Changes in Insight v1.02
- Plug-in formats: Added support for 64-bit AAX for Pro Tools 11.
- Presets: Updated presets to reflect latest BS.1770-3 loudness standards.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with intermittent hangs in Digital Performer 8.01.
Changes in Ozone 5/Ozone 5 Advanced v5.04
- Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
- Feature enhancements: Improved EQ filter speed.
- Fix: For the Matching EQ, snapshot selections will now always save with sessions.
- Fix: For the Matching EQ, fixed issue where snapshots would intermittently show/hide when selecting events in the History list.
- Fix: Fixed issue where Copy To Mid/Side/Stereo was not working properly.
- Fix: For Retina displays, fixed issue where combo boxes would display incorrectly.
Changes in Trash v2.02
- Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
Please note: These updates no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX versions will automatically open with RTAS.
More information: iZotope
Voxengo’s automated voting system has launched group buys for selected Voxengo effect plug-ins.
Save up to 50% off the GlissEQ dynamic equalizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Group Buys
- Deft Compressor, an audio signal compressor plug-in. The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect.
- GlissEQ, a dynamic parametric equalizer plug-in. The most interesting and unique feature of GlissEQ is the dynamic behavior of its filters.
- Shinechilla, an experimental creative sound effect plug-in. Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. The harmonic generation process offered by Shinechilla is quite unique on the plug-in market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion.
- SPAN Plus, a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in. SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
The group buy voting stage for these plug-ins ends July 12th, 2013.
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys
TC Electronic has announced the additional of 3G capability to its TouchMonitor TM7 loudness meter.
TouchMonitor TM7 is a very popular loudness meter for mobile trucks and small installations where space is always an issue. Broadcasters have wished for the same 3G SDI capability of the larger TouchMonitor TM9, and now a TM7 model with that exact I/O configuration is available.
TM7 accepts all SD, HD and 3G formats available on the market. Apart from the 3G SDI interface (including SDI loop through), it also features 4 digital AES3 inputs (8 channels) and 4 digital AES3 outputs (8 channels) via a D-sub connector. The internal routing matrix offers great flexibility and even includes routing SDI to AES, optionally using the meter as an SDI to AES converter while measuring the signal simultaneously.
Like the other versions of TouchMonitor, TM7 with 3G SDI features intuitive touch screen control, USB connections, GPIO, Ethernet, VGA output and highly flexible, user-definable screen layouts. It is also compliant with all major broadcast standards and a plethora of software options are available, including TC Electronic’s highly acclaimed Loudness Radar Meter that provides a complete overview of any loudness landscape at a glance, including Loudness History, Momentary Loudness and numeric values for e.g. Program Loudness and Loudness Range.
More information: TC Electronic / TouchMonitor TM7
Martin Zuther has released version 1.05.0 of traKmeter, a free loudness meter effect plug-in.
Most digital audio equipment sadly only has peak meters. This is readily understandable as you want to avoid digital clippings by all means. However, the lack of average meters makes correct gain staging almost impossible.
For gain staging, you need average meters or – even better – a combination of peak and average meters. And this is were traKmeter comes in.
traKmeter has an average level meter that is centered around -20 dB FS RMS and a peak level meter that is aligned to -9 dB FS. It supports stereo and 8-channel audio signals, has two scales, two ballistics modes and is very easy to use. Additionally, all meters have been thoroughly validated.
Changes in traKmeter v1.05.0
- LV2 plug-in (GNU/Linux).
- Experimental 64-bit version for Windows.
- Display maximum level on overload.
- Smooth switching of crest factor.
- Full re-calibration.
The traKmeter plug-in for Windows and Linux (VST/LV2/Standalone) is available to download free of charge.
More information: Martin Zuther / traKmeter
PSP Audioware has announced the release of PSP 2Meters, a bundle consisting of two audio level measurement plug-ins: PSP VU2 and PSP PPM2.
PSP VU2 offers professional VU metering with accurate overload indicators. PSP PPM2 provides professional European and BBC PPM metering with accurate overload indicators.
All of their parameters, such as integration times and reference levels, are widely adjustable to ensure that these plug-ins are suitable for any application in which accurate metering is necessary.
The PSP 2Meters plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9.90 USD until June 1st, 2013 (regular $14.90 USD).
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP 2Meters
Voxengo has announced the release of SPAN Plus, a Fast Fourier transform spectrum analyzer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
SPAN Plus supports multi-channel analysis and can be set to display spectrums from two different channels or channel groups at the same time.
SPAN Plus features
- Real-time spectrum import/export.
- PNG file export.
- Static spectrums display.
- Output signal power statistics.
- Spectrum smoothing.
- User interface window resizing.
- Clipping statistics.
- Correlation meter.
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis.
- Mid/side analysis.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- All sample rates support.
SPAN Plus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of $39.95 USD until June 2nd, 2013 (regular $49.95 USD).
More information: Voxengo / SPAN Plus
MathAudio has released Room EQ VST and Standalone, two room correction programs for Windows.
Room EQ VST has been designed to ensure maximum accuracy of the room correction.
Room EQ Standalone transforms your PC or notebook into a powerful standalone room correction processor which can be included between the source of the audio signal and speakers. Room EQ Standalone includes all features of Room EQ VST.
Room EQ features
- Corrects deficiencies of room acoustics (multipoint compensation).
- Corrects acoustic imperfections of speakers.
- Optimized for maximum accuracy of the correction. Listen to the sound samples.
- Corrects both amplitude and phase components of frequency response.
- Quells resonance peaks of frequency response while leaving the deep notches to prevent large excursions of the speaker diaphragm. Avoids the muddy sound of conventional linearizing equalizers.
- Manually adjustable level of compensation allows one to reach the maximum transparency of the sound.
- Supports ASIO drivers.
- Works with standard measurement microphones.
- Applies a patented method of frequency response correction.
Room EQ is available to purchase for $99.95 USD.
More information: MathAudio