TC Electronic has released version 1.4 of its versatile and highly acclaimed LM2 (stereo) and LM6 (multichannel) Loudness Radar Meter plugins.
With the new release, TC Electronic adds compliance with the recent 2013 revision of the ATSC A/85 broadcast standard that are mandatory for US broadcasters to adhere to.
“The new revision of the ATSC A/85 standard integrates the latest revision of the international ITU BS.1770-3 standard, which is of great importance in the efforts to make audio loudness more transparent even across national borders,” says Thomas Lund, CTO for Broadcast & Production at TC Electronic. “So it was a high priority for us to make our loudness meters compliant with this new development as we constantly work towards making audio experiences better no matter where you happen to be located.”
Apart from the ATSC A/85 2013 compliance, v. 1.4 also adds improved support for Pro Tools 11. “Measuring loudness becomes increasingly important, and every day more and more producers realize that they will benefit greatly from measuring the audio loudness of their projects,” says Thomas Valter, VP of Business Management at TC Electronic. “Therefore, it is important for us to always keep up with the latest DAW developments, making sure that we support first-movers, who port quickly to the latest incarnations of Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Media Composer, etc.”
The free updates for LM2 and LM6 are now available to download.
More information: TC Electronic
Dirac Research has announced a new version of Dirac Live Room Correction Suite, its acclaimed room correction software product.
The new Stereo Version is based on the same state-of-art technology as the original Full Version, with the main difference that it supports only two-channel playback. It features full mixed-phase impulse- and frequency response optimization, born from more than a decade of research and development.
“Many users of the multichannel version have discovered the benefits of using the Dirac Live technology with two-channel systems,” said Christoffer Ahlén, Director, Consumer Division and Marketing at Dirac.
“As the Full Version of Dirac Live is evolving into a more advanced multichannel product, a need for a more straightforward two-channel version has been identified. We can now offer such a product, at a lower price Point,“ Ahlén concluded.
With the Dirac Live Room Correction suite and a microphone (available from Dirac’s online store or authorized resellers), the user performs a simple multipoint measurement of the listening room. Dirac Live then automatically corrects the deficiencies in the sound from the audio system and room, providing the purest possible music reproduction.
The suite has been tailored for consumers who use their computer as an audio source, and leverages the computer’s built-in processing power. It has been designed with simplicity in mind without compromise in terms of sound quality and/or flexibility for the advanced user. A point of emphasis is that the software optimizes all sound from the computer regardless of the media player used.
Dirac Live Room Correction Suite is available to purchase for MSRP 389 EUR (Stereo Version) / 650 EUR (Full Version).
More information: Dirac / Dirac Live Room Correction Suite
Voxengo has released version 2.6 of SPAN, a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, VST and now VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Changes in SPAN v2.6
- Right-clicking on the spectrum will copy the frequency pointer to the clipboard.
- “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options added.
- 1/9 and 1/12 octave smoothing options added.
- 65536 block size option added.
SPAN is available to download as a freeware effect plug-in.
More information: Voxengo / SPAN
HoRNet Plug-Ins has released version 2.0 of its VU Meter, an effect plug-in for monitoring your audio signal.
Knowing exactly the intensity of the signal you are putting inside your DAW is crucial if you want to use your equipment in its sweet spot, this plugin is inspired by this thread on GearSlutz (a must read) and it’s useful to avoid recording your signals to hot.
Changes in VU Meter v2.0
- Improved detection system which is much more precise and smooth.
- Up to 12 different colors for the meter bar (useful for those recording multiple tracks at once).
- Autogain setting that automatically adjusts input gain so that the signal never peaks above +1/+2 VU.
- VST3 support.
VU Meter for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 3.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / VU Meter
Zplane.development has announced the release of version 3.1.2 of its PPMulator cross-platform peak & loudness metering plug-in for digital audio workstations.
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
The plug-in is available in two versions: PPMulator+ and PPMulatorXL; the latter offers additional features such as EBU R128 loudness metering and batch audio file processing.
Changes in PPMulator v3.1.2
- Support for AAX Native (32/64 bit) on Windows and Mac.
- Support for ATSC/A85 (only PPMXL).
- Support for larger files (> 2GB).
- Improved resampling.
PPMulator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/Standalone) is available to purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulater XL). The update is free for all registered users.
More information: Zplane / PPMulator
, analyser and monitor
, compressor and limiter
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced updates for its Insight metering suite for post production and broadcast applications, the Ozone 5 complete mastering system, and the Trash 2 effect plug-in for audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation.
Changes in Insight v1.02
- Plug-in formats: Added support for 64-bit AAX for Pro Tools 11.
- Presets: Updated presets to reflect latest BS.1770-3 loudness standards.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with intermittent hangs in Digital Performer 8.01.
Changes in Ozone 5/Ozone 5 Advanced v5.04
- Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
- Feature enhancements: Improved EQ filter speed.
- Fix: For the Matching EQ, snapshot selections will now always save with sessions.
- Fix: For the Matching EQ, fixed issue where snapshots would intermittently show/hide when selecting events in the History list.
- Fix: Fixed issue where Copy To Mid/Side/Stereo was not working properly.
- Fix: For Retina displays, fixed issue where combo boxes would display incorrectly.
Changes in Trash v2.02
- Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
Please note: These updates no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX versions will automatically open with RTAS.
More information: iZotope
Voxengo’s automated voting system has launched group buys for selected Voxengo effect plug-ins.
Save up to 50% off the GlissEQ dynamic equalizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Group Buys
- Deft Compressor, an audio signal compressor plug-in. The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect.
- GlissEQ, a dynamic parametric equalizer plug-in. The most interesting and unique feature of GlissEQ is the dynamic behavior of its filters.
- Shinechilla, an experimental creative sound effect plug-in. Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. The harmonic generation process offered by Shinechilla is quite unique on the plug-in market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion.
- SPAN Plus, a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in. SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
The group buy voting stage for these plug-ins ends July 12th, 2013.
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys