ufxmedia has launched uFXloops Music Studio, a music studio application that allows you to create custom music tracks through the use of samples.
We focused on an easy-to-learn, easy-to use approach, still letting you decide about how complex your music production is going to be. Just watch our introduction video to get a short overview of the uFXloops features. Everything you see there has been solely created with uFXloops, by using imported sounds edited in the uFXloops Sample editor.
But before you try, we must warn you: uFXloops could be addictive! and we must admit, this is what we intended.
- Sample Import: WAV, OGG, AIF, MP3, 11 / 22 / 44,1 / 48 KHZ, Mono/Stereo.
- Sample Editor with Click Track, Loop Flag and Audio Recorder.
- Instrument Editor for Melodic and Percussive Instruments.
- Pattern Editor for Melodic and Percussive / Drums Patterns.
- Pitch Shifters on several Layers.
- Live Tempo Shifting while Maintaining Pitch.
- Automatic Loop Point Finder with Cross Fade.
- Volume Mixer on Four Layers.
- Community Based Sound Library with fast search functions.
- Easy-To-Learn Soundboard Sequencer and Arranger.
- Projects, Parts and Recording Variants.
- Share Your Projects, Work Together on New Songs.
- Song Export to OGG.
The app is available as a free download at the Google Play Store.
More information: uFXloops Music Studio
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Single Cell Software has released version 3.1.0 of Caustic, a music creation software for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac.
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Changes in Caustic v3.1.0
- [iOS] AudioBus support (in+out).
- [iOS] Background audio + virtual MIDI.
- [iOS] New synth: KSSynth.
- [iOS] 2 new Modular components.
- [iOS] Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors.
- [iOS] MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings.
- [iOS] Metronome count-in.
- [iOS] Velocity pads for BeatBox.
- [iOS] Skinning support.
- [Android] New synth: KSSynth.
- [Android] 2 new Modular components.
- [Android] Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors.
- [Android] MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings.
- [Android] Metronome count-in.
- [Android] Velocity pads for BeatBox.
- [Android] Skinning support.
The Windows and Mac OS X desktop versions are free but come with no support. New is a Mac OS X version and a standalone (no registry access required) Windows application.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic
Kwelea has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund its MBLOK memory storage device.
MBLOK is a secure personal mobile storage with Bluetooth and USB interfaces that is designed to have long battery life.
By pairing the MBLOK with all of your devices through Bluetooth, you can use it just like local memory. However, instead of transferring files between devices, they are all stored in one location.
Stream movies, music and access files on the go with up to 300 hours of battery life without need for internet access. Plug in to PC and upload data similarly to a flash drive while charging the MBLOK simultaneously.
In addition, it is so small that it can fit in your pocket yet has up to 256 GB of storage space.
This project is looking to raise $120,000 CAD by June 16th, 2014.
More information: MBLOK
n-Track Software has released version 1.1 of its n-Track Studio for Android, adding support for USB audio devices and MIDI with the built-in Piano Roll and General MIDI synth.
n-Track Studio for Android features
- Record with the built-in mic or any class-compliant USB audio device (available on select Android & USB devices).
- Record 4 or more simultaneous inputs and send to multichannel output.
- Low latency audio (bypassing the standard Android audio when using USB audio).
- Record MIDI tracks using the built-in screen keyboard or an external USB MIDI keyboard.
n-Track Studio for Android is available for purchase for $6.99 USD (Standard) / $19.99 USD (Pro).
More information: n-Track Software
Planet-H has released G-Stomper Rhythm for Android, a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, designed to create your beats on the go.
It’s a feature packed, Step Sequencer based Drum Machine/Groovebox, a Track Grid Sequencer, 24 Drum Pads, an Effect Rack, a Master Section and a Line Mixer. Never lose a single beat again. Write it down and rock your own jam session wherever you are, and finally export it Track by Track or as Mixdown in Studio Quality up to 32bit 96kHz Stereo.
Whatever you are up to, practice your instrument, create beats for later use in the Studio, just jam and have fun, G-Stomper Rhythm has you covered. What are you waiting for, it’s free, so let’s rock!
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure, sampler based Drum Machine, which is dedicated to beats, ideally for beginners as well as for experienced users.
The app is a free download for Android.
More information: Planet-H / G-Stomper Rhythm
eXtream Software Development has released version 3.0 of its multitrack app Audio Evolution Mobile for Android, now featuring MIDI sequencing, virtual instruments and support for USB MIDI interfaces.
In combination with the app’s support for around 250 USB audio interfaces, this app can turn your Android tablet or phone into a powerful recording studio.
With the latest release, standard MIDI files can be imported or new MIDI tracks can be created using a piano roll editor, or recorded using a USB MIDI interface/keyboard. When used in combination with a USB audio interface for low latency, even virtual instruments can be played live.
The instruments are based on SoundFonts, with a free downloadable GS/GM SoundFont as standard. Commercial royalty-free SoundFonts will be available in the near future.
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android is available to purchase for 5.49 EUR. All MIDI functionality is available through an in-app purchase, priced at 4.49 EUR.
More information: eXtream Software Development