Single Cell Software has released Caustic 3, a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers/samplers rigs.
Caustic is a music creation tool that uses various synthesizers, samplers and effects to create songs.
Limitless combinations of instruments and sounds means Caustic can be used to create music of various styles, even though the app’s main focus is electronic music.
Changes in Caustic 3
- 14 machine slots.
- 6 new synth types (10 total).
- 8 new insert effects (16 total).
- Dedicated mastering section.
- Live note recording.
- WAV / sample editor.
- Microphone sampling.
- Pattern automation.
- Automation editing.
- Note quantize toggle.
- FTP file transfer.
Caustic is available to purchase for iOS and Android for $9.99 USD. The Windows desktop version is free.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic 3
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
NanoSystem has introduced NanoLaunchpad, a music app for Android.
NanoLaunchpad is an application that allows you to create music as a real Launchpad.
NanoLaunchpad features 36 pads with the ability to assign them their own sounds. Feel like a real producer making music in real time! The first such application for Android!
Changes in NanoLaunchpad v1.1
- Ability to load samples from the application.
- Added two modes of pads: one hit, loop.
- Added constant illumination of pads while playing a sample.
- Fixed an issue with stuttering sound after a drag of pad.
- Fixed an issue with double sample playback on slower devices.
- Completely rewritten application.
- Decreased response time to touch up to ~ 10ms.
- Small changes in graphics.
- Added support for low-resolution screens.
NanoLaunchpad for Android is a free download at Google Play.
More information: NanoLaunchpad
Image-Line has released version 1.2 of FL Studio Mobile for Android and version 2.2 for iOS.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile Android v1.2
- HD graphics for 1080p and 720p devices (removes side bars).
- Sequencer timing accuracy significantly improved.
- Fixes various expansion file download and mounting errors.
- Fixes wrong sample mapping after zip instrument import.
- Minor other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile iOS v2.2
- New features:
- MIDI start/stop slave and master.
- Input gain slider in the recording window (visible with external mic connected).
- AudioCopy 2.0 support (iOS 7 compatible).
- WAV export option to write 1 file per track.
- Performance & speed:
- Major performance improvements (play more tracks without audio dropouts).
- Audio file editing is up to 5x faster.
- Reverb quality and performance improved.
- Other improvements:
- Audio recordings are placed more accurately.
- Setup latency options removed, it’s now always at minimum.
- Filenames can now contain non-latin characters.
- Inbox folder is no longer present, files are moved to the top level folder.
- .flml (drum loop) files can be opened from other apps like Mail or Safari.
- Overall stability greatly improved.
The feature-set of the Android and iOS versions will be harmonized in future updates, including the addition of the following features to the Android version:
- Audio tracks and wave editor
- Background audio (playback while the app runs in the background)
- SoundCloud upload
- In-app shop
While projects, .flm format, are compatible between Android and iOS, if audio tracks are present they are ignored. If instruments are not available the MIDI data is loaded and the a default instrument is used.
FL Studio Mobile is available to purchase for $19.55 USD (Android) / $19.99 USD (iOS HD version).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android.
n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio.
n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that turns your device into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects. You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or compressed format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
n-Track Studio features
- Record with the builtin mic or line input.
- Never miss a beat with the built-in metronome.
- Unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities).
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer and Sonogram.
- Import existing wave songs and clips.
- Automate track volumes using envelopes.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Am p and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as in-app purchase).
n-Track for Android is available to purchase for $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR.
More information: n-Track
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of its FL Studio Mobile app for Android.
We are excited to announce FL Studio Mobile 1.1 for Android devices available now from the Google Play store, in addition to the iOS version from iTunes for iPod touch, iPhone & iPad. The Android version now gains the ability to create and save your own instruments.
Fl Studio Mobile for Android v1.1 features
- NEW Custom kits can be created from wave or compressed audio files within the step sequencer.
- NEW Custom instruments or kits can be created from user samples (from zipped wave files).
- 133 high quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats.
- All instruments have FL Studio desktop counterparts for FL Studio desktop import and extension.
- Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking.
- Configurable virtual piano-keyboard.
- Configurable drum pads.
- Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops.
- Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument.
- Pitch bend via accelerometer.
- Latency optimized (depending on the device), high quality, battery-friendly audio engine .
- Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat.
- Effects include Limiter, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Amp simulator & Filter to enhance your mix..
- 99 track sequencer and intuitive editing options.
- Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment.
- Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes.
- Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequences or detailed editing of recorded performances .
- Undo and redo for all editable screens.
- Metronome with tempo & time-signature settings.
- Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture.
- Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC.
- MIDI file import/export.
- Share your songs via Email or Dropbox.
- In-app user manual.
FL Studio Mobile for Android costs $19.55 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
mikrosonic has launched version 2.0 of RD4 – Groovebox, a music creation app for Android devices that combines two virtual analog synthesizers, a beat section with drum kits from classic drum machines and free assignable audio effects.
The new version comes with a new synth called Analog modeled after legendary monophonic synths of the ’70s. The new synth has a piano roll and the user can also record notes in real-time with the virtual keyboard. The app supports low audio latency on specific Android devices.
The app has now a 4 channel mixer and the user can choose individually for each channel between the Analog, the Bassline and the drum machine.
Changes in RD4 Groovebox v2.0
- Completely overhauled version.
- App is now called RD4.
- New graphical interface.
- New virtual analog synthesizer with piano roll.
- 4-channel rack mixer.
- Instrument selection for each channel.
- Support for Full HD displays (Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S4).
- Live recording with a virtual keyboard (Analog synthesizer).
- Piano roll editor with Transpose Pattern, Shift Sequence and Quantize.
- New pattern and bank structure, 2 banks with up to 8 bars.
- New playmodes.
The RD4 Groovebox app for Android is available to purchase for $5.99 USD. A free demo version with some limitations is available to download at Google Play.
More information: mikrosonic / RD4 – Groovebox
Imaginando has announced the release of an Android version of LIVKONTROL, an app for controlling Ableton Live.
After the success of LIVKONTROL for iOS, Imaginando is now proud to present LIVKONTROL for Android. LIVKONTROL is the first dedicated Ableton Live remote controller for Android devices. Keeping the same design, interface and the usability of the original version, featuring:
- Automatic connection between the app and Live using LKBRIDGE.
- Track volume, pan, record, and mute control.
- Scene view reflection with full control of clips.
- 8 MIDI sliders for custom parameter assignment and control.
The smartphone version of LIVKONTROL for Android is now available to purchase from Google Play for 4.99 EUR.
More information: LIVKONTROL