Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune EFX 3, a real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 3 is the most affordable vocal production tool that provides Antares’ world-renowned real-time pitch correction. Users just set the key and scale of their track, adjust the Retune Speed for their desired effect, and Auto-Tune EFX 3 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, they can optionally set up custom scales or use their host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 3 is a fully adjustable Retune Speed control that lets users fine tune the desired effect for their track, from subtle natural pitch correction to the full-blown Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Also new is Antares unique Humanize function that ensures that short notes are effectively corrected while sustained notes are allowed to preserve their subtle pitch variations for the most natural, realistic pitch correction possible.
Auto-Tune EFX 3′s Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation is a unique effect that adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance. Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host’s tempo at various beat divisions. At any point in a vocal track, a user can simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send their vocal on a melodic adventure. And since Auto-Tune EFX 3′s patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format, users can use any application that can open and edit MusicXML files to edit existing patterns and create entirely new patterns of their own.
Auto-Tune EFX 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $129 USD. Upgrades from previous Auto-Tune EFX versions are also available.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 3
, Guitar Center
, IK Multimedia
, Ohm Force
, Sugar Bytes
, XLN Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Xchange Market Platform has announced the release of Epix Bundle 10, a package of music and audio production tools derived from a unique collaboration of 25 of the world’s best known producers of music technology products.
This bundle includes 41 high quality software tools, utilities and tutorials at an unprecedented price accessible to the working musician.
At its heart is the award winning PreSonus Studio One Producer DAW with full mastering and a full suite of software titles providing access to thousands of instruments from creators such as Arturia, Cakewalk, Sugar Bytes, XLN Audio and much, much more. On top of this, the musician will be getting drum kits and beat making tools from Image Line, Steve Slate as well as effects and treatment tools from Antares, Celemony, IK Multimedia, OHM Force and others. Finish off the selection with DJ tools, libraries, tutorials and utilities and you have everything you will ever need.
Epix 10 Bundle is available for a limited time only at Guitar Center Stores, Guitar Center.com and Musiciansfriend.com, priced at $499 USD (street).
More information: Xchange Market Platform
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Antares has announced the release of AVOX 4, the fourth generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit.
AVOX 4 is fully 64-bit compatible and includes AAX Native versions of all of the AVOX plug-ins. In addition, AVOX 4 now includes Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler, for a total of eleven unique vocal processing plug-ins.
AVOX 4 features
- Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeleing Harmony Generator – The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
- Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler – lets the mics you own sound like the mics you wish you owned.
- MUTATOR Evo Extreme Voice Designer- the ideal tool for unique vocal special effects and post-production sound design.
- ARTICULATOR Evo Digital Talkbox – perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, whispering voices, and a wide range of special effects.
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator – warms up vocals with Antares’ world-renowned analog tube modeling technology.
- ASPIRE Evo Aspiration Noise Processor – the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content.
- THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer – subtly (or radically) re-sculpt vocal characteristics with a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract.
- DUO Evo Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler – automatically generates a doubled vocal part with unmatched ease and realism.
- CHOIR Evo Vocal Multiplier – turns a single voice into up to 32 distinct individual unison voices; assign instances of CHOIR to voices singing harmony and voila, instant choir.
- PUNCH Evo Vocal Impact Enhancer – gives your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power.
- SYBIL Evo Variable Frequency De-Esser – tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor and a variable sidechain frequency to match any vocal performance.
AVOX 4 is available to purchase for $399 USD. Upgrades to AVOX 4 and all of the individual AVOX plug-ins are available at the Software Upgrade Page. Those who purchased AVOX Evo, Harmony Engine Evo, Mic Mod EFX or any individual AVOX Evo plug-in after May 1st, 2013, are eligible for a free upgrade to the 64-bit version of the plug-in(s).
More information: Antares / AVOX 4
Hal Leonard has announced it has published Pitch Correction Software Now!, a guide to the most innovative and popular pitch correction titles today and how to apply them to your music.
Since Auto-Tune was released in 1997, pitch correction has become a standard component to modern audio production, both as an effect and as a discrete processing tool. The technology has matured considerably since then, and pitch correction is now available in many different flavors. Pitch Correction Software Now! offers a practical guide full of tips and tricks designed to quickly get you up to speed with the most popular pitch-correction products available today.
From the popular and slick T-Pain Effect by pitch correction powerhouse iZotope to professional polyphonic pitch correction using Celemony’s Melodyne DNA, this focused tutorial makes it easy to choose the best pitch-correction products for your music creation needs and helps you incorporate them into your music production workflow.
Accomplished music industry writer Max Mobley uses his easy-to-understand writing style and industry expertise to deliver a book that provides clear and concise practical advice in setting up and using several different pitch-correction plug-ins, including Antares’ newest version of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Live. From live stages to home studios, whether you want a vocal effect or precise, transparent monophonic or polyphonic pitch processing, Pitch Correction Software Now! puts music producers of all levels on the fast track to mastering the many forms of modern pitch correction.
The book is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Pitch Correction Software Now!
Hal Leonard Books has published Mastering Auto-Tune by Max Mobley, the definite guide to the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
From bedroom studios to the stages at Coachella, Auto-Tune pitch correction has become an integral part of music production and performance. Mastering Auto-Tune provides users of all levels a handy, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of this key music production technology, from the ubiquitous Auto-Tune effect heard on countless hit singles to the discrete pitch correction applied to countless albums and live performances.
Former product and support manager for the music industry (including Antares Audio Technologies, the makers of Auto-Tune) Max Mobley uses a conversational style without cutting corners on key technical terms and concepts.
Mastering Auto-Tune approaches pitch correction with various workflow scenarios and creative objectives in mind, including
- the fastest way to get professional results using the Auto-Tune vocal effect
- the secrets behind applying pitch correction to a vocal track in such a transparent way that not even the singer will know it has been applied
- speedy, real-time pitch correction using Auto-Tune’s Auto Mode
- surgical offline pitch-correction editing using Auto-Tune’s Graph Mode
- pitch correction on musical instruments
- and even how to use Auto-Tune for melody creation.
Also included is detailed information on Antares’ newest software, Auto-Tune Live. In short, this book is the definitive guide to one of the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Mastering Auto-Tune
Plugin Boutique has launched a special offer on Antares plug-ins, offering a free copy of the Mic Mod EFX classic microphone modeler with a purchase of selected titles.
Buy either AVOX Evo, Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune Vocal Studio and get Mic Mod EFX free!
The offer is available for a limited time only.
More information: Plugin Boutique
Antares has announced its Auto-Tune Live real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Whether you’re performing on stage or tracking vocals in the studio, Auto-Tune Live features genuine Antares Auto-Tune technology optimized for real-time pitch correction or creatively modifying the intonation of a performance.
Like all members of the Auto-Tune family, Auto-Tune Live can correct the pitch of vocals and other solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance, as well as create the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Antares Auto-Tune Live — World standard professional pitch correction optimized for tracking and live performance with ultra-low latency and comprehensive MIDI control.
Auto-Tune Live features
- Ultra low-latency performance for virtually instant response on stage or when tracking in the studio.
- Real-time MIDI control of Auto-Tune Live’s key performance parameters.
- MIDI control of target notes that lets you define target pitches in real-time during performance.
- A Humanize function for pitch correction that is even more natural and realistic.
- Natural vibrato control that lets you modify (in real time) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance.
- Formant correction and Antares’ unique Throat Modeling technology for unmatched creative control of vocal timbre.
- Superior pitch tracking and correction with Antares’ second-generation Evo™ Voice Processing Technology.
Auto-Tune Live (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune Live