Hal Leonard Books has published Mastering Auto-Tune by Max Mobley, the definite guide to the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
From bedroom studios to the stages at Coachella, Auto-Tune pitch correction has become an integral part of music production and performance. Mastering Auto-Tune provides users of all levels a handy, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of this key music production technology, from the ubiquitous Auto-Tune effect heard on countless hit singles to the discrete pitch correction applied to countless albums and live performances.
Former product and support manager for the music industry (including Antares Audio Technologies, the makers of Auto-Tune) Max Mobley uses a conversational style without cutting corners on key technical terms and concepts.
Mastering Auto-Tune approaches pitch correction with various workflow scenarios and creative objectives in mind, including
- the fastest way to get professional results using the Auto-Tune vocal effect
- the secrets behind applying pitch correction to a vocal track in such a transparent way that not even the singer will know it has been applied
- speedy, real-time pitch correction using Auto-Tune’s Auto Mode
- surgical offline pitch-correction editing using Auto-Tune’s Graph Mode
- pitch correction on musical instruments
- and even how to use Auto-Tune for melody creation.
Also included is detailed information on Antares’ newest software, Auto-Tune Live. In short, this book is the definitive guide to one of the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Mastering Auto-Tune
Plugin Boutique has launched a special offer on Antares plug-ins, offering a free copy of the Mic Mod EFX classic microphone modeler with a purchase of selected titles.
Buy either AVOX Evo, Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune Vocal Studio and get Mic Mod EFX free!
The offer is available for a limited time only.
More information: Plugin Boutique
Antares has announced its Auto-Tune Live real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Whether you’re performing on stage or tracking vocals in the studio, Auto-Tune Live features genuine Antares Auto-Tune technology optimized for real-time pitch correction or creatively modifying the intonation of a performance.
Like all members of the Auto-Tune family, Auto-Tune Live can correct the pitch of vocals and other solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance, as well as create the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Antares Auto-Tune Live — World standard professional pitch correction optimized for tracking and live performance with ultra-low latency and comprehensive MIDI control.
Auto-Tune Live features
- Ultra low-latency performance for virtually instant response on stage or when tracking in the studio.
- Real-time MIDI control of Auto-Tune Live’s key performance parameters.
- MIDI control of target notes that lets you define target pitches in real-time during performance.
- A Humanize function for pitch correction that is even more natural and realistic.
- Natural vibrato control that lets you modify (in real time) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance.
- Formant correction and Antares’ unique Throat Modeling technology for unmatched creative control of vocal timbre.
- Superior pitch tracking and correction with Antares’ second-generation Evo™ Voice Processing Technology.
Auto-Tune Live (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune Live
Antares has announced Auto-Tune for Guitar, a powerful hardware DSP system that is designed to be installed in a guitar and provide real-time processing while the guitar is played live on stage or in the studio.
Incorporating our world-renowned Auto-Tune pitch detection and manipulation along with our proprietary modeling technologies, Auto-Tune for Guitar is an entirely DSP-based suite of functions that offer everything you’ve always wanted from a guitar, along with capabilities you never imagined possible.
From flawless intonation to astonishing tonal flexibility to alternate tunings that open up entirely new areas of inspiration and creativity, Auto-Tune for Guitar technology seriously expands the flexibility and range of the electric guitar while letting you continue to play your own way.
More information: Auto-Tune for Guitar
Antares has released Auto-Tune EFX 2, a real-time pitch correction/auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Powered by the same core technology as Antares’ professional standard Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune EFX 2 is the quickest, easiest-to-use tool for real-time pitch correction and creating the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect. And now, with its new Auto-Motion™ Vocal Pattern Generation, you can add a variety of intricate musical patterns to your track for an entirely new (and sonically dramatic) vocal effect.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 2 provides two different flavors of the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect as well as Antares’ world-renown real-time pitch correction. Just select your desired effect type, set the key and scale of your track, and Auto-Tune EFX 2 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, you can optionally set up custom scales or use your host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 2 is Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation. Auto-Motion takes advantage of Auto-Tune’s superb pitch-shifting ability to add intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance.
Auto-Tune EFX 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD. An upgrade from any previous Auto-Tune EFX version is $39 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 2
, compressor and limiter
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2011
Tascam and Antares Audio Technologies have collaborated to create the TA-1VP Vocal Processor, a single-rackspace processor for live performance, house of worship or studio use.
The TA-1VP uses the new Evo version of Antares’ world-famous Auto-Tune processing for real-time pitch correction and doubling of the input vocal. Antares’ TEC Award-winning Microphone and Tube Modeling is also included.
The TASCAM TA-1VP includes both a microphone input and line input. Compression, gating, de-essing and equalization are all available for the input signal. The front-panel interface is covered with dedicated, illuminated buttons and meters to show exactly what the unit is doing. Factory presets and user memory slots recall the ideal settings for your vocal style, and real-time MIDI control is also provided.
Built for every audio application from live performance to studio mixdown, TASCAM’s TA-1VP is the only hardware processor with Auto-Tune technology for flawless vocal intonation.
TA-1VP Vocal Processor features
- Antares Auto-Tune Evo real-time pitch correction with enhanced tracking and correction capabilities.
- Antares Microphone Modeling simulates a variety of high-end studio microphones with variable proximity effect.
- Analog tube modeling effect.
- Variable-knee compression.
- Downward-expanding gate processor.
- Variable frequency de-esser.
- Flexible 2-band parametric EQ.
- Automatic mono or stereo doubletracking.
- User-programmable settings.
- Dynamic MIDI control.
- XLR microphone input with phantom power.
- 1/4” balanced line input and output.
- S/PDIF digital output.
- 1/4″ footswitch input.
More information: Tascam / TA-1VP