, Guitar Center
, IK Multimedia
, Ohm Force
, Sugar Bytes
, XLN Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2014
Xchange Market Platform has announced the release of Epix Bundle 10, a package of music and audio production tools derived from a unique collaboration of 25 of the world’s best known producers of music technology products.
This bundle includes 41 high quality software tools, utilities and tutorials at an unprecedented price accessible to the working musician.
At its heart is the award winning PreSonus Studio One Producer DAW with full mastering and a full suite of software titles providing access to thousands of instruments from creators such as Arturia, Cakewalk, Sugar Bytes, XLN Audio and much, much more. On top of this, the musician will be getting drum kits and beat making tools from Image Line, Steve Slate as well as effects and treatment tools from Antares, Celemony, IK Multimedia, OHM Force and others. Finish off the selection with DJ tools, libraries, tutorials and utilities and you have everything you will ever need.
Epix 10 Bundle is available for a limited time only at Guitar Center Stores, Guitar Center.com and Musiciansfriend.com, priced at $499 USD (street).
More information: Xchange Market Platform
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013
Antares has announced the release of AVOX 4, the fourth generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit.
AVOX 4 is fully 64-bit compatible and includes AAX Native versions of all of the AVOX plug-ins. In addition, AVOX 4 now includes Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler, for a total of eleven unique vocal processing plug-ins.
AVOX 4 features
- Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeleing Harmony Generator – The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
- Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler – lets the mics you own sound like the mics you wish you owned.
- MUTATOR Evo Extreme Voice Designer- the ideal tool for unique vocal special effects and post-production sound design.
- ARTICULATOR Evo Digital Talkbox – perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, whispering voices, and a wide range of special effects.
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator – warms up vocals with Antares’ world-renowned analog tube modeling technology.
- ASPIRE Evo Aspiration Noise Processor – the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content.
- THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer – subtly (or radically) re-sculpt vocal characteristics with a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract.
- DUO Evo Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler – automatically generates a doubled vocal part with unmatched ease and realism.
- CHOIR Evo Vocal Multiplier – turns a single voice into up to 32 distinct individual unison voices; assign instances of CHOIR to voices singing harmony and voila, instant choir.
- PUNCH Evo Vocal Impact Enhancer – gives your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power.
- SYBIL Evo Variable Frequency De-Esser – tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor and a variable sidechain frequency to match any vocal performance.
AVOX 4 is available to purchase for $399 USD. Upgrades to AVOX 4 and all of the individual AVOX plug-ins are available at the Software Upgrade Page. Those who purchased AVOX Evo, Harmony Engine Evo, Mic Mod EFX or any individual AVOX Evo plug-in after May 1st, 2013, are eligible for a free upgrade to the 64-bit version of the plug-in(s).
More information: Antares / AVOX 4
Hal Leonard has announced it has published Pitch Correction Software Now!, a guide to the most innovative and popular pitch correction titles today and how to apply them to your music.
Since Auto-Tune was released in 1997, pitch correction has become a standard component to modern audio production, both as an effect and as a discrete processing tool. The technology has matured considerably since then, and pitch correction is now available in many different flavors. Pitch Correction Software Now! offers a practical guide full of tips and tricks designed to quickly get you up to speed with the most popular pitch-correction products available today.
From the popular and slick T-Pain Effect by pitch correction powerhouse iZotope to professional polyphonic pitch correction using Celemony’s Melodyne DNA, this focused tutorial makes it easy to choose the best pitch-correction products for your music creation needs and helps you incorporate them into your music production workflow.
Accomplished music industry writer Max Mobley uses his easy-to-understand writing style and industry expertise to deliver a book that provides clear and concise practical advice in setting up and using several different pitch-correction plug-ins, including Antares’ newest version of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Live. From live stages to home studios, whether you want a vocal effect or precise, transparent monophonic or polyphonic pitch processing, Pitch Correction Software Now! puts music producers of all levels on the fast track to mastering the many forms of modern pitch correction.
The book is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Pitch Correction Software Now!
Hal Leonard Books has published Mastering Auto-Tune by Max Mobley, the definite guide to the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
From bedroom studios to the stages at Coachella, Auto-Tune pitch correction has become an integral part of music production and performance. Mastering Auto-Tune provides users of all levels a handy, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of this key music production technology, from the ubiquitous Auto-Tune effect heard on countless hit singles to the discrete pitch correction applied to countless albums and live performances.
Former product and support manager for the music industry (including Antares Audio Technologies, the makers of Auto-Tune) Max Mobley uses a conversational style without cutting corners on key technical terms and concepts.
Mastering Auto-Tune approaches pitch correction with various workflow scenarios and creative objectives in mind, including
- the fastest way to get professional results using the Auto-Tune vocal effect
- the secrets behind applying pitch correction to a vocal track in such a transparent way that not even the singer will know it has been applied
- speedy, real-time pitch correction using Auto-Tune’s Auto Mode
- surgical offline pitch-correction editing using Auto-Tune’s Graph Mode
- pitch correction on musical instruments
- and even how to use Auto-Tune for melody creation.
Also included is detailed information on Antares’ newest software, Auto-Tune Live. In short, this book is the definitive guide to one of the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Mastering Auto-Tune
Plugin Boutique has launched a special offer on Antares plug-ins, offering a free copy of the Mic Mod EFX classic microphone modeler with a purchase of selected titles.
Buy either AVOX Evo, Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune Vocal Studio and get Mic Mod EFX free!
The offer is available for a limited time only.
More information: Plugin Boutique
Antares has announced its Auto-Tune Live real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Whether you’re performing on stage or tracking vocals in the studio, Auto-Tune Live features genuine Antares Auto-Tune technology optimized for real-time pitch correction or creatively modifying the intonation of a performance.
Like all members of the Auto-Tune family, Auto-Tune Live can correct the pitch of vocals and other solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance, as well as create the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Antares Auto-Tune Live — World standard professional pitch correction optimized for tracking and live performance with ultra-low latency and comprehensive MIDI control.
Auto-Tune Live features
- Ultra low-latency performance for virtually instant response on stage or when tracking in the studio.
- Real-time MIDI control of Auto-Tune Live’s key performance parameters.
- MIDI control of target notes that lets you define target pitches in real-time during performance.
- A Humanize function for pitch correction that is even more natural and realistic.
- Natural vibrato control that lets you modify (in real time) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance.
- Formant correction and Antares’ unique Throat Modeling technology for unmatched creative control of vocal timbre.
- Superior pitch tracking and correction with Antares’ second-generation Evo™ Voice Processing Technology.
Auto-Tune Live (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune Live
Antares has announced Auto-Tune for Guitar, a powerful hardware DSP system that is designed to be installed in a guitar and provide real-time processing while the guitar is played live on stage or in the studio.
Incorporating our world-renowned Auto-Tune pitch detection and manipulation along with our proprietary modeling technologies, Auto-Tune for Guitar is an entirely DSP-based suite of functions that offer everything you’ve always wanted from a guitar, along with capabilities you never imagined possible.
From flawless intonation to astonishing tonal flexibility to alternate tunings that open up entirely new areas of inspiration and creativity, Auto-Tune for Guitar technology seriously expands the flexibility and range of the electric guitar while letting you continue to play your own way.
More information: Auto-Tune for Guitar
Antares has released Auto-Tune EFX 2, a real-time pitch correction/auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Powered by the same core technology as Antares’ professional standard Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune EFX 2 is the quickest, easiest-to-use tool for real-time pitch correction and creating the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect. And now, with its new Auto-Motion™ Vocal Pattern Generation, you can add a variety of intricate musical patterns to your track for an entirely new (and sonically dramatic) vocal effect.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 2 provides two different flavors of the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect as well as Antares’ world-renown real-time pitch correction. Just select your desired effect type, set the key and scale of your track, and Auto-Tune EFX 2 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, you can optionally set up custom scales or use your host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 2 is Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation. Auto-Motion takes advantage of Auto-Tune’s superb pitch-shifting ability to add intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance.
Auto-Tune EFX 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD. An upgrade from any previous Auto-Tune EFX version is $39 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 2