, compressor and limiter
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2011
Tascam and Antares Audio Technologies have collaborated to create the TA-1VP Vocal Processor, a single-rackspace processor for live performance, house of worship or studio use.
The TA-1VP uses the new Evo version of Antares’ world-famous Auto-Tune processing for real-time pitch correction and doubling of the input vocal. Antares’ TEC Award-winning Microphone and Tube Modeling is also included.
The TASCAM TA-1VP includes both a microphone input and line input. Compression, gating, de-essing and equalization are all available for the input signal. The front-panel interface is covered with dedicated, illuminated buttons and meters to show exactly what the unit is doing. Factory presets and user memory slots recall the ideal settings for your vocal style, and real-time MIDI control is also provided.
Built for every audio application from live performance to studio mixdown, TASCAM’s TA-1VP is the only hardware processor with Auto-Tune technology for flawless vocal intonation.
TA-1VP Vocal Processor features
- Antares Auto-Tune Evo real-time pitch correction with enhanced tracking and correction capabilities.
- Antares Microphone Modeling simulates a variety of high-end studio microphones with variable proximity effect.
- Analog tube modeling effect.
- Variable-knee compression.
- Downward-expanding gate processor.
- Variable frequency de-esser.
- Flexible 2-band parametric EQ.
- Automatic mono or stereo doubletracking.
- User-programmable settings.
- Dynamic MIDI control.
- XLR microphone input with phantom power.
- 1/4” balanced line input and output.
- S/PDIF digital output.
- 1/4″ footswitch input.
More information: Tascam / TA-1VP
Anteres has released the Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit, a collection of vocal effect plug-ins.
The Auto-Tune EFX Toolkit provides three essential vocal processing plug-ins designed to make it incredibly easy to create polished, great-sounding vocal tracks. At a price that represents dramatic savings over the prices of the three plug-ins purchased separately.
Combining Auto-Tune pitch correction, real-time harmony generation, and Antares’ unique microphone modeling technology, the Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit plug-ins let you achieve professional results with a minimum of hassle.
Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit features
- Auto-Tune EFX – Real-time Auto-Tune Effect and Pitch Correction
Powered by the same core technology as Antares’ world standard Auto-Tune Evo, Auto-Tune EFX is the quickest, easiest-to-use tool for real-time pitch correction and creating the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect (the T-Pain/Cher-style effect). Simply set the voice type and the key of your song and Auto-Tune EFX automatically does the rest.
- Harmony EFX – Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator
An incredibly easy-to-use tool for tool for creating realistic (if you want it to be) vocal harmony, Harmony EFX is a streamlined version of Antares’ industry leading Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator. With four formant-corrected harmony voices, humanization functions for realistic performances, and a variety of powerful harmony generation modes, Harmony EFX puts professional quality vocal harmony arrangements within reach of any musician or engineer.
- Mic Mod EFX – Classic Microphone Modeler
A modern reincarnation of Antares’ renowned Microphone Modeler plug-in, Mic Mod EFX lets any reasonable quality microphone sound like any of a variety of historical classic and rare exotic microphones. Using our patented Spectral Shaping Tool™ technology, we’ve created precise digital models that reproduce the subtle sonic characteristics that make each microphone unique. Simply tell Mic Mod EFX what microphone you are actually using and what microphone you’d like it to sound like. It’s as simple as that.
Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit is available for RTAS (Mac OS X and PC), VST (Mac OS X and PC) and Audio Units.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit
Prime Loops has announced it is now offering video tutorials from Groove 3 in its new Tutorials Section.
We have partnered with our favourite, biggest and baddest music production video tutorials company “Groove3″ We are giving you over 20 of their best tutorials now available to download from Prime Loops! Tasty! These have been compiled by experts officially certified by the likes of Apple, IK Multimedia, Waves, Antares Autotune, or studio professionals and software gurus.
Groove3 are an amazing team and have been supplying professional video products for nearly a decade, and we are extremely proud to have these market-leading on-board. If you are looking to advance your music production and studio techniques – check all video tutorials here!
More information: Prime Loops
Antares has announced the release of Mic Mod EFX, the classic microphone modeler effect for Windows and Mac.
A modern incarnation of our legendary Microphone Modeler plug-in, Mic Mod EFX lets the microphones you own sound like the microphones you wish you owned.
Using our patented Spectral Shaping Tool™ technology, we’ve created precise digital models of a wide variety of historical classic and exotic microphones. Simply tell Mic Mod EFX what microphone you are actually using and what microphone you’d like it to sound like. It’s as simple as that.
With over 125 microphones models included in Mic Mod EFX, you can afford to record each track through a model of the specific mic that will best produce that ideal sound you’re looking for. Or use it in live performance to get the sound of mics you’d never consider using on stage. You can even use it during mixdown to effectively change the mic on an already recorded track.
Not only do the models reproduce all of the subtle sonic characteristics that make each microphone unique, but they also give you control of each mic’s specific options. Does the mic have a low cut filter? If so, it’s in the model. Wind screen on or off? Close or far placement? Each option results in the same sonic effect that it would have with the actual modeled mic. And for that final touch of perfection, you can even add some tasty tube saturation.
Mic Mod EFX is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $159 USD. Users of the original Microphone Modeler can upgrade to Mic Mod EFX for $79 USD.
More information: Antares / Mic Mod EFX
Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune 7, the next generation of the worldwide standard in professional pitch (and now time) correction.
Auto-Tune 7 represents the most substantial advancement in capability and ease-of-use since Auto-Tune’s original introduction in 1997. Featuring a new-from-the-ground-up time manipulation system seamlessly integrated into the Graphical Mode interface, Auto-Tune 7′s time control capabilities combine an extremely high-quality time-shifting algorithm with an intuitive user interface, making it incredibly easy to correct timing errors or exercise your creative imagination.
Auto-Tune 7 also features the second generation of Antares’ Evo™ Voice Processing Technology, offering even more natural pitch shifting and throat modeling, along with a host of time-saving workflow enhancements.
New in Auto-Tune 7
- Integrated time correction and manipulation.
- Second generation of Evo Voice Processing Technology.
- Create target notes from MIDI in Graphical Mode.
- Adjust Adjust Throat Length on an individual correction object basis.
- Enhanced Amplitude Envelope Display.
- Enhanced Graphical Mode Adjust Vibrato function.
- Amplitude envelope in the graphical editing window.
- Expanded keyboard shortcuts.
- Smooth continuous scrolling of graphical audio data.
- The option to display the graphical timeline in bars and beats.
- Increased vertical zoom range in Graphical Mode.
Auto-Tune 7 is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS, TDM coming) for $399 USD. Upgrades to Auto-Tune 7 are available to registered Auto-Tune owners (including owners of previous versions of the Auto-Tune Vocal Studio).
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Apr 21, 2010
audioMIDI.com has announced a new No-Brainer Deal, offering Antares DUO Evo Native for $20 USD.
Duo EVO Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler provides programmable variation in pitch, timing, vibrato depth, and timbral variation using a simplified version of Throat EVO’s vocal modeling technology.
Duo EVO automatically generates a doubled vocal part from an existing vocal. In addition to allowing programmable variation in pitch, timing and vibrato depth, for even more realism, Duo EVO also includes a simplified version of Throat EVO’s vocal modeling to provide timbral variation for the doubled part. Duo EVO’s output section offers independent control of the level and stereo position of the original and doubled voices.
Antares DUO Evo is available from audioMIDI.com in native formats for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at $20 USD. Note: requires iLok.
More information: Antares DUO Evo @ audioMIDI.com
Antaras has announced Harmony EFX, a vocal modeling harmony generator for PC and Mac.
Harmony EFX is a streamlined (and incredibly affordable) version of our industry-leading Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator. Based on the same groundbreaking Evo™ Voice Processing Technology as its big brother, Harmony EFX puts professional quality vocal harmony arrangements within reach of any musician or engineer. Whether you’re an experienced vocal arranger, a songwriter looking for that perfect backup vocal, or a composer experimenting with unique vocal effects, Harmony EFX gives you entirely new ways to create the harmony parts you hear in your head.
Harmony EFX features
- Evo™ Voice Processing Technology for faster, more accurate pitch detection, smoother, artifact-free pitch shifting and seamless, natural-sounding (if you want it to be) throat modeling.
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent pan settings.
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that lets you process each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract.
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every note:
- Fixed or Scale Intervals: Simply set the key and harmony voice intervals and let Harmony EFX do the rest
- Chord Degrees or Chord Name: Define your harmony chord-by-chord, complete with inversions and variable vocal ranges
- Chord by MIDI: Define your harmony in real time via a MIDI controller or pre-recorded MIDI track
- MIDI Omni: Directly “play” the four harmony voices as if they were voices of a synth or sampler
- MIDI Channel: Use four separate MIDI channels for absolute control over each note of your vocal arrangement
- Spread and Register controls that allow you to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of your vocal arrangement.
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results.
- A Harmony Preset matrix that lets you create up to 12 complete harmony settings and instantaneously recall them in real time or via automation.
Harmony EFX will be available for purchase in mid October, for the introductory price of $49 USD (through the end of November).
More information: Antares / Harmony EFX
Antares has released version 6.0.8 Mac / 6.0.9 Windows of Auto-Tune Evo, a pitch correction plug-in for Windows and Mac.
These releases provide improved pitch detection accuracy of higher-pitched notes, as well as resolve a variety of issues in the various versions.
Changes in Auto-Tune Evo v6.0.8 (Mac) / v6.0.9 (Win)
- Improved pitch detection of higher-pitched notes.
- New installers and PACE software (version 22.214.171.12423) to fix installation and authorization issues, particularly in 64-bit Vista.
- Fixed a problem where Nudge Up or Down would sometimes result in horizontal movement as well.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect zoom range after tracking pitch in a long song.
- Fixed crashing bug occasionally seen when using drawing tools.
- Fixed crashing bug occasionally seen when using Undo button.
- Fixed problem of selection highlights vanishing when using the Scissor tool close to a line or curve endpoint.
- Added hours field to the clock display (when time passes the one-hour mark).
- Fixed a memory leak in the Scissor tool.
More information: Antares