, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Apr 14, 2008
Antares has released AVOX 2, the second generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit.
Building on the power of the original AVOX plug-in bundle, AVOX 2 adds an additional five state-of-the-art vocal processing modules, including Harmony Engine Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator, to give musicians, producers, and engineers the power they need to create stunning vocal tracks in any musical style as well as design unique vocal effects for audio post-production applications.
AVOX 2 Antares Vocal Toolkit includes
- Harmony Engine, a real-time harmony generating plug-in that puts professional-quality vocal harmony arrangements within reach of any songwriter, producer, musician or engineer.
- MUTATOR – Extreme Voice Designer, provides a combination of tools for creating unusual, weird, or downright wacky voices.
- ARTICULATOR – Vocal Formant and Amplitude Modeler, lets you extract the formant and amplitude information from a vocal (or other dynamic source) and apply it to any other audio track or to a built-in broadband noise generator.
- WARM – Tube Saturation Generator, based on Antares’ Tube plug-in.
- ASPIRE – Aspiration Noise Processor, a tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content.
- THROAT – Physical Modeling Vocal Designer, lets you process a vocal through a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract.
- DUO – Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler, automatically generates a doubled vocal part from an existing vocal.
- CHOIR – Vocal Multiplier, a unique processor that actually turns a single voice into 4, 8, 16, or 32 distinct individual unison voices, each with its own pitch, timing and vibrato variations.
- PUNCH – Vocal Impact Enhancer, lets you give your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power.
- SYBIL – Variable Frequency De-Esser, tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor with threshold, ratio, attack and decay controls as well as a variable highpass frequency to match any vocal performance.
The AVOX 2 bundle is available for Windows and Mac (RTAS/VST/AU) and costs $599 USD.
Visit Antares for more information.
Antares has released Voice Thing!, an innovative bit of software designed to process and change your voice in an almost limitless variety of ways.
With Voice Thing!, you can subtly or radically change the character of your voice, turn your (audio) self into a monster or alien, and create the effect of being in a wide variety of sonic environments, from small rooms to huge halls.
With Voice Thing! you can
- Change your voice with the same super high-quality voice processing used in Antares’s professional audio tools.
- Raise or lower your voice with high quality pitch-shifting.
- Radically change the quality and/or gender of your voice with our unique vocal tract modeling technology.
- Use the Mutation function for a huge variety of monstrous, demonic, or other alternate-species voices.
- Instantly translate everything your say into Alien.
- Simulate a variety of environments, from a huge hall to a small room.
- Choose from an extensive collection of included human, creature, (and just plain weird) voices Listen to some audio examples here.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of your own creations.
- Have some serious fun.
Voice Thing! is available for Windows PC (32-bit) and costs $34.99 USD.
Visit the Antares Voice Thing! website for more information and a link to download a demo version of Voice Thing!
Antares has announced Harmony Engine, is a real-time harmony generating plug-in.
Key Harmony Engine features include
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent vocal character, vibrato, and pan settings
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that lets you process each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every noteement
- Spread and Register controls that allow you to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of your vocal arrangement
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results
- A Freeze function that allows a unique variety of backup vocal effects by letting you instantly freeze pitch and/or formant articulation
- A Harmony Preset matrix that lets you create up to 15 complete harmony settings and instantaneously recall them in real time or via automation
- A Voice Parameter Preset matrix that lets you create and instantly recall up to 6 different “vocal groups”
- Five-channel output capability (host dependent) that lets you assign or export the original input and each of the four harmony voices to their own channels for further processing
Harmony Engine will be available in July, in RTAS (Mac and PC), VST (Mac and PC) and Audio Units (Mac) formats.
Visit Antares for more information and audio demos of Harmony Engine.