, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Sound Magic
Posted in news
on Feb 23, 2012 - 1 comment
Sound Magic has announced Neo Dynamic, a compressor/limiter modeling effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Dynamic is based on Sound Magic Award Winning Modeling Technology. This makes Neo Dynamic more like a sampler than typical compressors and limiters. It embodies several algorithms (such as sample sets) that make this plug-in easy to expand and extend with new compressors/limiters models in the future.
Neo Dynamic starts with 10 compressors/limiters, modelled after famous brand names such as SSL, API and TubeTech. Each of these has their own famous “flavors” ready to use.
Neo Dynamic features
- Internal 64 Bit Double Precision Floating Point.
- A total of 10 compressors and limiters modelled after such famous hardware including:
- SSL 4000G Compressor
- API 2500 Stereo Compressor
- Tube-Tech CL-1B Compressor (Not in Demo Version)
- EMI RS124 Compressor (Not in Demo Version)
- Neve 33609 Compressor Custom Edition(Not in Demo Version)
- Sound Magic Default Compressor
- Waves L2 Limiter (Not in Demo Version)
- EMI TG124 Limiter
- Sound Magic Neo Limiter
- British Vintage Limiter (Not in Demo Version)
- Has a THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise) ranging from -63dB to -135dB. Depends on the types and settings you choose.
- Powerful add-on system makes it easy to add additional compressors and limiters in the future.
- Incredibly Accurate Modeling by Sound Magic’s Award Winning Modeling Technology.
- Sensor Network Technology which helps musicians to achieve better dynamic processing.
- Different plug-in version to fit for usage on Sidechain.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Dynamic is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in and Magic Pianos add-on, priced at 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Dynamic
Universal Audio has announced new development partnerships with API and Thermionic Culture, allowing Universal Audio to expand the range of unique audio processing plug-ins for the popular UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
API (www.apiaudio.com) – A recognized leader in the world of analog consoles and outboard gear, API has been building classic, time-tested signal processors for more than 40 years. With this new partnership, UA will be able to bring software emulations of coveted API products to UAD-2 platform users on Mac and PC.
Thermionic Culture (www.thermionicculture.com) – Manufactured and designed in the UK, Thermionic Culture is squarely focused on providing meticulously crafted, all-tube audio gear. With this new partnership, UA will be able to bring Thermionic Culture’s analog philosophy and distinctive sound to more engineers and producers worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to welcome our new partners to the UA family,” says Matt Ward, President of Universal Audio. “The legendary API signal processors and high-quality boutique products of Thermionic Culture both have something unique to offer UAD customers. We’re looking forward to the products that develop from these partnerships.”
More information: Universal Audio
The DSP Dimension has announced the release of DiracFxAU, a freeware pitch shifting plug-in for Mac based on its new DiracFx API.
DiracFx is a high performance pitch shifting and time stretching algorithm that allows changing pitch and speed of audio signals independently of each other at very high quality and very fast speed. Optimized for use on mobile platforms, DiracFx uses no trigonometric operations and is available for iOS, Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
A feature-limited DiracLE edition of the SDK is available to developers at dirac.dspdimension.com (this distro also contains the AU plug-in), a professional version can be licensed from The DSP Dimension upon request.
DSP Dimension is the former Prosoniq R&D department and the company responsible for developing the DSP technology behind all Prosoniq products.
More information: The DSP Dimension / DiracFxAU
Eric Beam has released RCA/A-iron Line EQ, a collection of programs for Nebula by Acustica Audio featuring the vintage RCA 56E two-channel passive line equalizer and “American Iron” preamp gain stage of the API 312.
RCA/A-iron Line EQ features
- Vintage stereo passive program line EQ + Classic American 312 preamp gain stage.
- One knob program “tilt” style EQ.
- Captured via API conversion @ 24/96 & 24/44100 (both 96k & 44100 programs available).
- Ideal for adding highend sheen or de-mudding a lowend heavy mix.
The RCA/A-iron Line EQ for Nebula is available to purchase for $10 USD.
More information: Eric Beam
Posted in news
on Nov 07, 2010 - 0 comments
Renoise, the multi-platform digital audio workstation software, was updated to version 2.6.
It’s official. We are pleased to announce that Renoise 2.6 is ready for production. Over three months of community driven beta testing has put the software through the ringer. User feedback has resulted in our most innovative release to date. Rock solid stable, as usual.
Changes in Renoise v2.6
- Script everything using a truly open API: Lua is a light-weight programming language, which together with the Renoise API allows you to build add-ons quickly and easily. Lua scripting, introduced as part of the beta cycle in July, has already resulted in a plethora of new tools, as well as native support for the following hardware: AlphaTrack, BCF-2000, BCR-2000, KONTROL49, FaderPort, microKONTROL, nanoKONTROL, Launchpad, Remote SL-MKII, Nocturn, Monome, Ohm64, iPad via TouchOSC.
- Sample Autoseek: Samples have a new setting, “Autoseek”, which will, when enabled, make them behave like a traditional audio channel. You can start playing back the song at any position, and the sample will automatically seek to the current position in the song without having to be triggered.
- Open Sound Control (OSC) Server Support.
- Duplex – MIDI/OSC controller framework.
- DSSI Support on Linux, 64-bit Linux Version.
- Support for CAF, AIFC, SND and AU Files.
- Linux & Mac OSX Performance Tweaks.
- Minor usability and functionality refinements galore!
- The full scoop, here: http://www.renoise.com/about/what-s-new-2-6/
Renoise is available to purchase for Linux, Mac, and Windows, priced at 58 EUR excl. VAT.
More information: Renoise
Sonimus has released version 1.1 of SonEQ, a free equalizer effect plug-in modeled from two analog equalizers.
Sonimus SonEQ – modeled after the Pulteq EQP and API 550
Changes in SonEQ v1.1
- New GUI.
- Mac AU / VST versions added.
- Fixed CPU usage problem on some processors.
- Band gain now shows dB instead of Hz.
- The “VU Meter” is softer, and some host-specific bugs were fixed.
- Mono tracks now supported.
- Includes two new high quality filters: High-Pass and Low-Pass.
- Fixed problems with noise when moving some knobs.
- Many minor bugs fixed.
SonEQ is available to download as a freeware effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Sonimus
Elysia has released the xpressor 500, an extremely versatile stereo compressor available in API’s 500 series format.
Its discrete audio path running in constant class-A mode provides a superior audio quality which combines a clear and open sound with a good lot of punch. With its many unique features taken from our flagship products, the xpressor 500 shines in many different applications: stereo buss compression, processing single signals, approaching dynamics in creative ways …
xpressor 500 features
- Discrete Class-A Topology — As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the xpressor 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Auto Fast — Inspired by its big brothers: the switchable semi automation for a perfect attack on the basis of the value set by the user.
- Log Release — This alternative characteristic of the release curve follows a logarithmic course instead of the standard linear progress and results in a very gentle kind of compression.
- Negative Ratios — The characteristic curve bends and goes back down! Heavy pumping, backward sounds, etc. – perfect for very cool compression effects.
- Parallel Compression — Available directly on the unit: the direct and the compressed signal can be blended in any desired relation by simply turning the mix controller.
- Sidechain Filter — A tunable low cut filter in the sidechain of the xpressor 500 avoids overcompression and pumping when there is a lot of low end energy in the mix.
- Gain Reduction Limiter — This novel limiter is not placed in the audio path as usually, but restricts the control voltage of the compressor instead.
- Warm Mode — The xpressor 500 offers a second switchable sound flavor by altering its frequency spectrum, harmonics and transient response.
- Analog Dynamic LED Meter — The gain reduction meter modulates its LEDs in their brightness in order to show the action of the compressor in an analog way: fast and with smooth transitions.
- Made in Germany — High grade components, solid aluminum knobs.
The xpressor 500 is now available to purchase for for $975 USD / 649 EUR (excl. VAT).
More information: Elysia / xpressor 500