AraldFX has released the final version of StormGate3, an innovative multiband rhythmic gate which lets you draw amplitude patterns and apply them to any sound.
StormGate3 splits the audio in three bands, and lets you shape each audio band with amplitude patterns. Patterns can be drawn freely by hand, or with the aid of powerful drawing tools.
StormGate3 offers four different configurations:
- Three bands mode: a pure three band rhythmic gate
- DIST+LPF+GATE: Three serial effects: analog sounding overdrive, low-pass filter and a gate
- LPF+DIST+GATE: Similar to the previous configuration, but you can get sounds similar to those produced by the Roland TB-303 thanks to the analog sounding overdrive effect placed after the resonant filter
- Two bands mode: overdrive on the lower band and gating for both bands
StormGate3 is available for Mac OSX and Windows and costs $59 USD.
Visit AraldFX for more information and a link to download the demo of StormGate3.
AraldFX has updated the recently released free rhythmic gate effect StormGate1 to version 1.0b.
Updated in v1.0b
- Bug fixes: sometimes the gate mistakenly opened when the built-in sequencer was switching to a chained pattern
- Improvements: restored the automatic synchronization mode with the transport state of the host
- Other issues:
- MAC: Corrected all the setup issues
- Windows: Uninstallation related files are no longer placed in the VST folder
- Intel/MAC Windows: Performance optimizations on Intel platforms
- Revised the User’s Manual
Visit AraldFX for more information and a link to download StormGate1 v1.0b
AraldFX has released version 1.0 of StormGate1, a free rhythmic gate effect which lets you draw amplitude patterns with simple but powerful drawing tools.
- Drawing Envelopes: free, step, spike and ext
- Custom patterns (envelopes): length, rhyhtmic units, easy drawing grid
- Pattern chaining: sequence patterns
- Synchronization: free, PTN, Quarter and Octave
- Levels: Dry, Wet and Fade
The GUI is also a bit different from the beta.
Visit AraldFX for more information, mp3 demos, and a link to download StormGate1 v1.0.
AraldFX has released beta 2 of StormGate1, a free gating effect, which lets you create new and unheard rhythmic parts from virtually any kind of audio material.
Updated in Stormgate1 beta 2
- Pattern chaining
- Pattern indicator showing which pattern is playing
- Follow mode: selects automatically chained patterns when played
- Simplified and more effective synchronization options
- Precise synchronization to every host
- Accurate synchronization (seeking and looping in host) even in presence of long chained pattern sequences
- Heavy CPU optimizations (less than 1.5% on our Athlon XP 3700+)
- Pure trigger mode can now be simulated by setting snap to OFF and chaining a pattern to an empty one
- Fixed: Rare crash corrected when using the “smooth full” functions
- Fixed: Occasional clicks when switching pattern or the host was set in loop mode
- Fixed: Installation conflicts with DKS pro solved (OSX only)
- Fixed: Corrected minor bugs with the drawing tools
Visit AraldFX for more information, mp3 demos, and a link to download the latest version of StormGate1.
AraldFX has released a public beta of StormGate1 and StormGate3, two gating effects, which let you create new and unheard rhythmic parts from virtually any kind of audio material.
StormGate3 splits the audio in three bands, and lets you shape each audio band with amplitude patterns. Patterns can be drawn freely by hand, or with the aid of powerful drawing tools! You can transform within seconds a static pad into an almost complete rhythmic part, create new rhythms from vocals, instruments, noises of any kind, or even create amazing drums parts out of pure noise!
Instead of drawing the envelopes, you can also record envelope patterns.
The freeware StormGate1 has only one band, but most of the functionality of StormGate3.
StormGate3 will be available by the end of May for PC/VST, MAC/VST (and MAC/AU at a later date) for $59.00 (pre-order for only USD 39.00).
Visit AraldFX for more information, mp3 demos, and a link to download the free StormGate1.
AraldFX has released DKS Pro, a professional drums synthesis solution.
By joining the “classical” oscillator-based electronics drum synthesis approach with simple FM synthesis, physical modeling of the drum shell, a powerful set of effects, and a beautiful user interface, DKS is a unique, easy-to-use, and incredibly versatile drums synthesizer.
DKS features 8 independent and fully programmable drum generators, a complete and powerful mixer with built-in effects and filters, and three master busses with an integrated and complete effects section.
- 8 polyphonic generators with a powerful sound
- Each generator has: 3 oscillators, FM, Distortion, Bit Reduction, Physical Modeled Shell, Multi-Filter, 2 Modulation controls and intelligent randomizer with customizable target
- Full 8 Channel Mixer
- Each Mixer Channel has 2 sends (pre and post), pan, mute, solo and VU meter
- 3 Stereo out busses (1 stereo in the AU version)
- Each bus with its own Stereo Multi-tap Delay, Compressor and Ambient FX
- Whole Kit intelligent randomizer
- MIDI Learn for each parameter
- Friendly Presets Management
- 3 skins included
DKS is available for the PC/VST, MAC/VST (UB) and MAC/AU (UB) and can be purchased at a special introductory price of $81.00 until the 15th of February 2007 (full price will be $135.00).
Visit AraldFX for more information and a link to download a demo version or listen to mp3 demos.