, Binary Music
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 18, 2013
Binary Music has announced a 50% discount on its products until the end of 2013.
Until the end of the year, all Binary Music libraries and bundles for Kontakt, Ableton Live and Logic are on offer at 50% of the regular price.
Binary Music libraries
- ARP Odyssey.
- Crosswave (Ensoniq SQ80).
- Electrophonics (modular synth system).
- PD1000 (Casio CZ1000).
- Solina String Ensemble.
- Valve 4 Op (Yamaha TX81Z).
Prices start at $9.50 USD. The sale ends January 1st, 2014.
More information: Binary Music
Luftrum has announced an update to its Luftrum 9 soundset for the Diva virtual analog synthesizer by u-he.
All arpeggios in Luftrum 9 are now assigned to the integrated arpeggiator in DIVA and included are 10 extra variations of some chosen Arp presets, so Luftrum 9 now contains 74 presets in total.
The new update of Luftrum 9 is sent out to all customers.
Luftrum 9 features
- 74 presets ranging from smooth ambients pads to gentle arpeggios, berlin school sequences and synth emulations inspired by Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Royksopp and Jean Michel Jarre.
- 21 Ambient Pads.
- 19 Arpeggios + 10 variations.
- 15 Synths.
- 4 Soundscapes.
- 3 Sound Effects.
- 2 Strings.
- All arpeggios are assigned to the arpeggiator in DIVA v1.3.
The soundset costs $23 USD. Until December 31st, 2013, a 50% discount code can be found on the Luftrum website.
More information: Luftrum / Luftrum 9
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
The Drum Broker has introduced The Synth Immaculate, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The Synth Immaculate boasts a colorful array of hand selected sounds by the MSXII. Locked in a room full of instruments such as the Korg Sigma, Polymoog, Sequential Circuit Prophet 5, Arp axxe, and more, there were only 2hrs to sample and grab as much audio from these timeless machines!
The result is an all exclusive peek into some unique, creative, and downright DISRESPECTFUL sounds! Furthermore, gritty synths, incredibly low subs, and beautifully sprinkled arpeggios dominate this kit!
The Synth Immaculate features
- 48k/24bit hand-selected sounds from vintage keyboards [Korg Sigma, Arp Axxe, Polymoog, Octave Cat + more].
- No added compression, limiting, or coloring of sound to preserve original state.
- Royalty free patches organized by instrument.
- Bonus unheard breaks and fills from MSXII Sound Design.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Synth Immaculate
u-he has released public beta version 1.3.0b4 (revision 2033) of the Diva virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new public beta of Diva 1.3:
Diva rev 2033 Win
Diva rev 2033 Mac
- adds a “high quality” switch to the Digital Oscillator – for nearly anti-aliased operation, indepenedent of global quality modes
- adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter
- fixes an issue with wrongly saved drop down lists in prestes/projects (e.g. tuning, lfo rates)
- fixes a possible crash bug in VST3 layer
- fixes a UI rendering error on Windows
- still features a preliminary UI design
Visit the u-he forum for more information on the new public beta.
More information: u-he / Diva
u-he has announced Diva version 1.3 public beta, featuring a new digital oscillator and Uhbie filter.
Diva’s new (preliminary) interface shows the digital oscillator and Uhbie filter panels.
You might have heard it in the grape vine. We’re looking for detailed feedback on the Digital Osc:
Diva 1.3.0b2 Mac
Diva 1.3.0b2 Win
This version of Diva has a preliminary GUI for the Digital Osc and Uhbie filter. Please do not post screenshots without that disclaimer!
major changes from V1.2.1:
- added Arpeggiator and Clock module
- added Digital Osc (inspired by JP80x0)
- added Uhbie filter (modeled after famous SVF, with exaggerated character)
- ultra fast, multi threaded UI loading
- AAX 32/64 support (PT 10.3.5+ or 11.0.2+)
- tidied up trimmers page
- documentation still 1.2
- ReadMes and some version numbers still 1.2
Check out the video by Sadowick Production, comparing the Diva’s new digital oscillator with Roland’s JP-8080 SuperSaw.
Make sure to report bugs and comments at the u-he forum.
More information: u-he / Diva
Boscomac has introduced The Chiller, a free synthesizer ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
The Chiller Omni-Synthesizer for Reaktor by Boscomac.
THE CHILLER is an omni-synthesizer which includes a bass section, synth section and a string section. Inspired by the ARP Omni, it is very easy to use and offers a synthetic orchestra on hand.
The instrument delivers a sound cold, reminiscent of the eighties and the new wave. The bass section is monophonic (active from C0 to C4) and other sections cover the entire keyboard. All sections can be played together.
In the autumn, let’s play with the chiller.
The Chiller is a free download. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Boscomac / The Chiller
Sample Magic has announced MIDI Elements: Mainroom Riffs & Arps 2, a collection of anthemic MIDI melodics built for the mainroom.
101 essential MIDI motifs designed for peak time dancefloor action. Primed to inject energy into the biggest EDM anthems, the collection merges the best of electro and progressive for the ultimate finger-on-the-pulse inspiration.
Packed with turbo-charged riffs, searing hooks and euphoric arps, this long-awaited second volume delivers 101 all-new track-starting tools to rival the biggest tracks of 2013.
And because each one is a MIDI file you have the ultimate freedom to choose your own sounds, change the key of the loop, edit the tempo, notation, velocity, length and more. But most importantly, it offers you the opportunity to personalise each progression and melody to make them completely unique.
The MIDI pack is available to purchase for £9.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Mainroom Riffs & Arps 2