GForce Software has announced the release of the Virtual String Machine (VSM) Expansion Pack for its VSM instrument for Windows and Mac.
Containing 18 new instruments, 60 sample sets, including the iconic GX-1, Polymoog Vox Humana & ARP Quadra and over 400 new patches, the VSM Expansion Pack offers fresh inspiration by extending the range of tones now available to registered VSM owners.
VSM Expansion Pack features
- 18 classic and rare string machines.
- 60 individual sample sets.
- 400+ Patch library.
- 49 notes, each individually sampled and looped.
- Layer Expansion sounds with the original library.
- Over 2.5GB of data.
- Alternative GUI.
The Expansion Pack is available to purchase for the introductory price of £49.99 GBP inc VAT until January 31st, 2014.
More information: GForce / VSM Expansion Pack
Loopmasters has announced the release of Classic Synthology, a 1GB collection of classic synthesizer sounds.
Classic Synthology from Loopmasters is a nostalgic trip back in time to the hot and sweaty cable strewn studios of yesteryear, when analogue synthesisers and rhythm machines resembling overgrown calculators carved out a whole new genre of music for the world to hear.
Recorded and produced by Harvey Summers at Broad Oak Studios, Classic Synthology takes its inspiration from many of the early electronic music pioneers including Vangelis, Kraftwork, Brian Eno, FSOL and Orbital to name but a few and is intended to be used by todays cutting edge soundsmiths looking for historical sounds from the analogue behemoths of the past.
This collection includes sounds of now legendary synths including Yamaha CS-80, Arp 2600, Minimoog, Moog Taurus Mk1, Korg MS20, Korg M1 combined with a select few modern analogue counterparts heavily processed through boutique vintage equipment including Neve and RCA pre amps, a classic, 70′s Raindirk series III console, Eventide H3000 D/SX and a AMS DMX 15-80S for a truly authentic vintage sound.
The sample library costs £29.95 GBP. Individual parts are also sold separately.
More information: Loopmasters / Classic Synthology
, Binary Music
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Binary Music has announced a 50% discount on its products until the end of 2013.
Until the end of the year, all Binary Music libraries and bundles for Kontakt, Ableton Live and Logic are on offer at 50% of the regular price.
Binary Music libraries
- ARP Odyssey.
- Crosswave (Ensoniq SQ80).
- Electrophonics (modular synth system).
- PD1000 (Casio CZ1000).
- Solina String Ensemble.
- Valve 4 Op (Yamaha TX81Z).
Prices start at $9.50 USD. The sale ends January 1st, 2014.
More information: Binary Music
Luftrum has announced an update to its Luftrum 9 soundset for the Diva virtual analog synthesizer by u-he.
All arpeggios in Luftrum 9 are now assigned to the integrated arpeggiator in DIVA and included are 10 extra variations of some chosen Arp presets, so Luftrum 9 now contains 74 presets in total.
The new update of Luftrum 9 is sent out to all customers.
Luftrum 9 features
- 74 presets ranging from smooth ambients pads to gentle arpeggios, berlin school sequences and synth emulations inspired by Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Royksopp and Jean Michel Jarre.
- 21 Ambient Pads.
- 19 Arpeggios + 10 variations.
- 15 Synths.
- 4 Soundscapes.
- 3 Sound Effects.
- 2 Strings.
- All arpeggios are assigned to the arpeggiator in DIVA v1.3.
The soundset costs $23 USD. Until December 31st, 2013, a 50% discount code can be found on the Luftrum website.
More information: Luftrum / Luftrum 9
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013 - 0 comments
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
The Drum Broker has introduced The Synth Immaculate, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The Synth Immaculate boasts a colorful array of hand selected sounds by the MSXII. Locked in a room full of instruments such as the Korg Sigma, Polymoog, Sequential Circuit Prophet 5, Arp axxe, and more, there were only 2hrs to sample and grab as much audio from these timeless machines!
The result is an all exclusive peek into some unique, creative, and downright DISRESPECTFUL sounds! Furthermore, gritty synths, incredibly low subs, and beautifully sprinkled arpeggios dominate this kit!
The Synth Immaculate features
- 48k/24bit hand-selected sounds from vintage keyboards [Korg Sigma, Arp Axxe, Polymoog, Octave Cat + more].
- No added compression, limiting, or coloring of sound to preserve original state.
- Royalty free patches organized by instrument.
- Bonus unheard breaks and fills from MSXII Sound Design.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Synth Immaculate
u-he has released public beta version 1.3.0b4 (revision 2033) of the Diva virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new public beta of Diva 1.3:
Diva rev 2033 Win
Diva rev 2033 Mac
- adds a “high quality” switch to the Digital Oscillator – for nearly anti-aliased operation, indepenedent of global quality modes
- adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter
- fixes an issue with wrongly saved drop down lists in prestes/projects (e.g. tuning, lfo rates)
- fixes a possible crash bug in VST3 layer
- fixes a UI rendering error on Windows
- still features a preliminary UI design
Visit the u-he forum for more information on the new public beta.
More information: u-he / Diva