Xfer Records has released version 1.0.9 of Cthulhu, a MIDI chord generator/MIDI pattern arpeggiator for Windows and Mac.
Cthulhu is firstly a chord memorizer and player, allowing you to experiment with creating and reworking chord progressions with single-note presses. The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways.
- Added: Option (in config) to change Arp Patterns (A-L) to switch via MIDI (lowest octave, MIDI notes 0-11).
- Added: Option for MonoLegato on Chords module – makes chord triggering function like a mono synthesizer (Press a MIDI note to trigger a chord, hold, press a 2nd MIDI note for a new chord, and release this 2nd chord, now the 1st chord plays again).
- Added: Latch switch now shows up as a VSTParameter.
- Added: Windows OS: Installer saves a chosen VST and VSTx64 installation locations to make installing future updates easier.
Cthulhu for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Xfer Records / Cthulhu
Squaredheads has released version 2.0 of Nora, a pattern based arpeggiator / phrase sequencer that is designed to allows the creation of solo melodies, rhythmic basslines, or stabs.
Nora employs the workflow of a DAW for a creative, simple and quick edition with a complete integration among the modules. Nora can be sequenced by either a linear manner or by patterns triggered by MIDI.
Thanks to its polyphonic pianoroll technology and its real-time effects, Nora gives the user complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note-length, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes, etc.)
The engine has been re-designed from scratch to offer more precision at the sample-level. This way, Nora produces an output that is loyal to the input, without perceptible latency. Moreover, it supports two operation modes: “Free”, a mode in which output notes are always in line with input chords, and “Static”, in which input chords are adapted to the notes of Nora, resulting in smoother changes. Nora now supports up to eight simultaneous tracks, each of them with an arpeggiator engine and individual settings, like MIDI routing.
Nora v2.0 features
- Sample accurate engine.
- Complete real-time edition.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and 5 notes per octave.
- 8 tracks with 8 independent arpeggiators.
- Playlist module: It allows each track being sequenced in two ways: As a classic DAW, or as a Pattern Chainer.
- Pattern editor with 24 pattern per track.
- 2 pattern-changing modes, controllable via MIDI: ‘In queue’, a mode in which each pattern waits for its turn to start playing and, ‘instant’ in which the change is played immediately, maintaining the synchrony with the DAW.
- Real-time quantizer with user-defined patterns.
- Randomizer engine that includes 2 random phrase generators and 2 mutators.
- Real-time velocity randomization.
- Two clock modes: It can work in synchrony with DAW or as a classic arpeggiator.
- More than 1200 presets.
- Play speed settings.
- MIDI rhythm import.
- Realtime MIDI output recording.
- Automatic mouse helpers to ease edition with small notes.
- Fully resizable interface.
- Several modes to navigate through the windows.
- Project management.
- Unlimited and independent undo / redo for each pattern.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Highly customizable interface with over 400 parameters.
- Includes the NoraHarm plugin for free, an Harmonizer / MIDI Key Mapper.
Nora for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available at an introductory discount of 15% until December 30th, 2014. Regular price 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
FXpansion has posted a sneak preview of Strobe 2, one of the synthesizer instruments in the upcoming DCAM Synth Squad 2.
I’d like to offer everyone a chance to take an early look at, and, more importantly, listen to, Strobe v2.0. We’ve been working on this for quite some time, and there’s still a little way to go, but we think it’s ready enough that it’s time to get some feedback from a wider audience.
The other synths are being updated to the new engine as well, of course – all three will share the most of the above, with Amber in particular getting some improvements to its audio engine – improved CPU efficiency means we’re able to model some elements that got left out in the original (particularly glad we’ve been able to get Logan-style “diode VCA”s in there – they’re absolute junk in fidelity terms but sound amazing). More on that later.
Changes in DCAM Synth Squad 2
- Glitch-free, 100% vector scalable UI, available in (at least) two flavours.
- Integrated effects, including some brand new algorithms as well as some thing that owners of Etch, Bloom and Maul may recognise, with full TransMod capability on (almost) everything.
- 16 Transmod slots.
- Instant patch switching between 8 active sounds.
- Huge CPU optimizations.
- Rebuilt arpeggiator, stepsequencer and modulation processor.
- Ability to unlink the Sub from the Stack/Detune/Sync parameters.
- Phase reset on the main oscillator.
- Frequency-linked tone controls on each oscillator section.
- Gain compensation and leakage control on the filter.
- Adjusted envelope and fader ranges, much better consistency in the internal smoothing algorithms, choice of detuning modes, dozens of other little refinements.
Check the announcement at the KVR Audio forum for more details.
More information: FXpansion
rv_samplepacks has launched Main Room Arps & Sequences, a new sample library featuring arpeggios and synth sequences by Thomas Penton.
Thomas Penton returns with an incredible collection of 100 inspirational arpeggio loops using a mixture of soft synths and hardware legends. Each loop comes in three distinct flavours, firstly the Dry Loop version for producers who want to add their own effects, then the Wet loop version which use Thomas’s superb engineering skills to sculpt and produce the sounds with high quality plugins including EQ, Reverbs and Delays and finally for the MIDI loop version which allow producers to completely customise the sequences and use their favourite synths.
Designed for the Main Room recorded at 128BPM in 24Bit 44.1 KHz expect to find 1.6 GB of Wav Loops and MIDI with 100 Dry Loops, 100 Wet Loops and 100 MIDI files each of the wet loops also contain tails on the end of the loops so the effects added fade out completely.
The sample pack is available for purchase from Loopmasters for £14.95 GBP.
More information: rv_samplepacks / Main Room Arps & Sequences
Squaredheads has released version 1.4 of Nora, a phrase arpeggiator and MIDI key mapper plugin for Windows.
Nora is a MIDI toolset that employs advanced editing tools to create MIDI phrases with ease.
Its full contextual interface allows to create solo melodies, rhythmic basslines or stabs instantly. It may be used in both live and offline environment.
Nora has been recently updated to version 1.4 with a new tool: A MIDI Key Mapper, which can be used as a harmonizer, to create chord progressions, to transpose keys, etc.
Changes in Nora v1.4
- MIDI Key Mapper tool.
- Nudge actions: use keyboard cursors to move notes or nodes.
- Added new presets for Phrase Arpeggiator and for the MIDI Key Mapper.
- Phrase arpeggiator is now optional.
- Moved phrase arpeggiator controls from the main toolbar to its editor window.
- Improved feedback time from interface elements (everything looks smoother now).
- Hidden “Save” from menu, to avoid confusion. It will be restored in a future update.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
More posts that match this tag
Diginoiz has released Crazy Arps 2 and Massive Big Room Sounds, two new sound packs. Diginoiz is proud to present the second part of the probably best arpegiator pack ever! Crazy Arps 2! Great vibe, … read more
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes. POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm … read more
Sample Logic has announced the release of version 1.2 of its Arpology virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. The update enhances the Step Animator by bringing a plethora of exciting new features for on … read more
CL-Projects has launched OSA (Old School Arps), a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Imagine yourself in a cellar, filled with vintage synthesizers and analog sequencers, flashing lights, knobs and faders everywhere, playing Berlin School … read more
Squaredheads has announced version 1.0 of Nora, a polyphonic phrase arpeggiator designed with real-time editing and workflow in mind. Nora is a groundbreaking VST Phrase Editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to … read more
Sample Logic has announced version 1.1 of Arpology, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Sample Logic is excited to release a very important enhancement to ARPOLOGY with Version 1.1 update. Now ARPOLOGY is … read more
Sample Logic has released Arpology, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt & Kontakt Player, dedicated entirely to arpeggiated/sequenced instruments. ARPOLOGY goes far beyond, breaking the box of the “everyday” arpeggiator. It employs an … read more
Arto Vaarala has released version 1.1 of Kirnu Cream, a MIDI performer plug-in for Windows and Mac. With Cream it’s very easy to create catching lead parts, bouncing bass lines, swinging drums and lots of … read more
Sample Logic has announced Arpology, the world’s first virtual instrument dedicated entirely to arpeggiated/sequenced instruments. ARPOLOGY go’s far beyond, breaking the box of the “everyday” arpeggiator. It employs an entirely new approach to step sequencing. … read more
Squaredheads has launched Nora, a VST phrase editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases. Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex … read more
Tone2 Audiosoftware has introduced the Saurus Big Bundle, comprising the Saurus virtual instrument plug-in, an Arpeggiator expansion, and 6 soundsets at a discounted price. Saurus Bundle features Saurus – True analog sound with state of … read more
Kirnu has released version 1.1 of Cream, a MIDI performer plug-in for Windows and Mac. Cream isn’t like any traditional MIDI arpeggiator or sequencer. It’s a lot more. With simple and clever design it has … read more
ADSR Sounds has launched Spektrumsynth, a powerful Reaktor synth with a wide variety of capabilities. It features multiple synthesis technologies combined into one instrument: Wavetable, FM, subtractive, granular and noise shaping. Performance is enhanced with … read more
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of Arpmania, a soundset expansion for the Nemesis synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Add movement and depth to your track with the Arpmania expansion for Nemesis. Expand your … read more
Quadelectra has launched Mercury, an arpeggiator Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason. Mercury is a true 4 voice polyphonic arpeggiator for the Reason Rack. Nevertheless, it features functionality than exceeds those of a typical arpeggiator. Mercury … read more