rv_samplepacks has launched Main Room Arps & Sequences, a new sample library featuring arpeggios and synth sequences by Thomas Penton.
Thomas Penton returns with an incredible collection of 100 inspirational arpeggio loops using a mixture of soft synths and hardware legends. Each loop comes in three distinct flavours, firstly the Dry Loop version for producers who want to add their own effects, then the Wet loop version which use Thomas’s superb engineering skills to sculpt and produce the sounds with high quality plugins including EQ, Reverbs and Delays and finally for the MIDI loop version which allow producers to completely customise the sequences and use their favourite synths.
Designed for the Main Room recorded at 128BPM in 24Bit 44.1 KHz expect to find 1.6 GB of Wav Loops and MIDI with 100 Dry Loops, 100 Wet Loops and 100 MIDI files each of the wet loops also contain tails on the end of the loops so the effects added fade out completely.
The sample pack is available for purchase from Loopmasters for £14.95 GBP.
More information: rv_samplepacks / Main Room Arps & Sequences
Squaredheads has released version 1.4 of Nora, a phrase arpeggiator and MIDI key mapper plugin for Windows.
Nora is a MIDI toolset that employs advanced editing tools to create MIDI phrases with ease.
Its full contextual interface allows to create solo melodies, rhythmic basslines or stabs instantly. It may be used in both live and offline environment.
Nora has been recently updated to version 1.4 with a new tool: A MIDI Key Mapper, which can be used as a harmonizer, to create chord progressions, to transpose keys, etc.
Changes in Nora v1.4
- MIDI Key Mapper tool.
- Nudge actions: use keyboard cursors to move notes or nodes.
- Added new presets for Phrase Arpeggiator and for the MIDI Key Mapper.
- Phrase arpeggiator is now optional.
- Moved phrase arpeggiator controls from the main toolbar to its editor window.
- Improved feedback time from interface elements (everything looks smoother now).
- Hidden “Save” from menu, to avoid confusion. It will be restored in a future update.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
Diginoiz has released Crazy Arps 2 and Massive Big Room Sounds, two new sound packs.
Diginoiz is proud to present the second part of the probably best arpegiator pack ever! Crazy Arps 2! Great vibe, incredible hardware sound, extremely melodic, prepared with attention to details!
You will find there 52 synthesizer arp sounds in Trap / South style ready to be an inspiration for Your music! Over 300 Mb multiformat material, definitely a must have in music production!
One of the best VST synthesizer ever, plus one of the most popular genre in the last few months! All of this in one Diginoiz product! Massive Big Room Sounds!
Incredible, great sounding, made with passion and what’s most important, taking all the current trends into account, by a professional sound designer with over 10 years of experience.
You will find here 64 perfect, Big Room, Massive Sounds ready to be imported to Your favorite NI vst Massive instrument. Basses, Chords, Leads, plucks and Drum Sounds just waiting for Your creativity!
The packs are available for purchase for 20 EUR each.
More information: Diginoiz
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
Sample Logic has announced the release of version 1.2 of its Arpology virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The update enhances the Step Animator by bringing a plethora of exciting new features for on the fly step pattern manipulation.
This new update is a free download for current users and if you are new to ARPOLOGY, the update comes pre-installed when you purchase ARPOLOGY.
Changes in Arpology v1.2
- Duplicate Button – Copies the entire current pattern and duplicates it, which creates 2 copies of the pattern and twice the number of steps.
- Variation button – Every other step gets flipped in the pattern creating instant variation.
- Step Type – Master drop down presets to change all steps in the step type at once with various patterns.
- Arp Type – Down motion issue fixed.
- Various other script fixes.
Arpology for Kontakt is available for purchase for MSRP $399.99 USD.
More information: Sample Logic / Arpology
CL-Projects has launched OSA (Old School Arps), a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Imagine yourself in a cellar, filled with vintage synthesizers and analog sequencers, flashing lights, knobs and faders everywhere, playing Berlin School electronic music. If you don’t have any of that equipment to your disposal, this library is the next best thing. It tries to bring some of that sound and feeling to your home and studio by supplying vintage arpeggio patches.
The Berlin School electronic genre of music was first made in Berlin in the 1970s, hence the name, by electronic music artists like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and Ashra. Typical for this type of music are the evolving, atmospheric and hypnotic layered sequencer textures. The sound consists basically of ambient elements combined with short, repeating sequenced runs of notes, which gives the music a rhythmic element.
OSA is a Kontakt 5 library aimed at this genre of electronic music from the 1970s and 1980s and consists of vintage arpeggios, and a few modern ones too. Inspired by musicians like Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Michael Hoenig and countless others.
- For Kontakt 5.1 and higher (full version).
- 24-bit 44.100 kHz ncw samples.
- 50 different waveforms per oscillator.
- 24 samples per patch, 12 per oscillator (76 notes).
- Velocity and Aftertouch responsive.
- 6 folders containing a total of 151 patches.
- Patches divided into Straight, Triplets and One Shot (separate folders).
- 4 Effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus & Phaser.
- Time and Speed parameters sync to Host tempo (Delay, Chorus and Phaser).
- All parameters on 1 page.
The library is available for purchase for £19.99 GBP.
More information: CL-Projects / OSA
Squaredheads has announced version 1.0 of Nora, a polyphonic phrase arpeggiator designed with real-time editing and workflow in mind.
Nora is a groundbreaking VST Phrase Editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases.
Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex phrases almost instantly. Simply open DAW, add a few chords and play them.
Afterwards, load Nora and start adding, resizing, copying or moving notes. Everything operates in real time.
Changes in Nora v1.0
- New option for ignoring incoming MIDI velocities.
- New import license file button.
- 120 built-in ready to use patterns.
- Changed label “Groups” to “Octaves”.
- Expanded notes in each octave range, from 3 to 5, to 1 to 5.
- Slightly improved note resize behavior.
- Nora doesn’t generate D:\DFilter.xml and D:\IFilter.xml anymore. You can manually remove them if you wish.
- Fixed a crash with long phrase lengths and scrolling.
- Grid refresh works correctly when loading (from menu) phrases with different number of octaves and notes in each octave.
- Corners of moved ghost notes are drawn now with the right arc.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR. The demo version has also been updated (removed octaves and notes restriction, keeps interface settings if you close the main Nora window).
More information: Squareheads